Personal urology question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightbender

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a personal urology question. I’m an ortho resident, due to my busy schedule I find it hard to find the time to see a urologist and I prefer not to see my hospital urologists whom I meet in the cafeteria regularly.

Hopefully the mods won’t delete my thread since I’m a fellow medical professional.

I have had a chlamydia urethritis a while ago and it seems to have caused an obstruction of my vas deferens. For the last year and a half, my ejaculate has decreased a lot in volume, it’s becoming more serous and lack the white color, which I suspect consists of mostly prostatic fluid. As a result, I think I might become infertile through traditional means. I don’t have children but plan to in the future.

My questions are, is balloon dilatation a viable option?

I remember back in med school that post vasectomy, sperm quality may become permanently worsened secondary to obstruction of the duct through unknown mechanism, would this apply to my case as well?

Would artificial insemination still be an option, for example, through perQ aspiration of testis?

PubMed references and more are appreciated

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.