This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello Everyone,

As the title say, I was hoping someone (preferably someone who has done a lot med school essay revisions) to give me some tip/feedback. I went through the PS reader list page and messaged the readers but no reply (I think they probably got bombarded with too many papers).

So, I am a reapplicant and I'm basically 99% done typing up my primaries for both AMCAS and AACOMAS. I wanna submit AACOMAS within few days and AMCAS as soon as June 7 hits. My stats are just okay plus I did not apply too broadly and early during last year cycle so giving another try with MCAT retake coming up too. I had a friend who actually criticized my initial essay so I think my PS got a lot better. Also, had other few friends read to get feedback (said it was good/got alot better). But wanted to get some more feedback from the sdn folks.

My concern with PS was that I never had "those" type of experience where someone I knew was very ill, life changing or big experience, etc... you guys get the idea. I grew up with some struggles as an immigrant but nothing that put my family at the extremes, and those struggles are not what made me interest in medicine anyways. My paper is basically how I came to like science and after doing research, medical assistance work, and shadowing all together allowed me to learn what medicine is really about and how I learned and grew from those experiences. I do not think that it sounds like a "laundry list" or resume dump (big no-no in PS), but I dont know... Maybe I'm being doubtful about my writing and nervous about this reapplication process... I read it over sososo many times and think my genuine thought was expressed but then I doubt it later.... IDK (<-- sorry for blabbing but nervous about everything, haha) In conclusion, if anyone can give me additional feedback, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!!!!! I will send you via google doc link :)

Members don't see this ad.

I can read it - paste it into a pm for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Feel free to send me the link as well, I'll try to give some advice!

Reactions: 1 user
I was a reapplicant and just finished MS1. I am happy to help