Perfusion, Midwestern 2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bodasapha999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its the start of the new 2017-2018 application cycle for Midwestern's Perfusion program!
Topics covered include; applications, interviews, matriculation, clinical and/or shadowing experiences, school program comparisons, academic backgrounds, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To start off, I submitted my initial application materials July 1, 2017 and my letters of recommendation were received on the 25th. I've read from previous threads, interview invitations are sent out as early as a week after submission. Additionally, I've acquired four cases of shadowing under my belt at the Banner University Hospital in Phoenix, AZ. My current graduate school GPA is a 3.75 based off a couple courses I took last semester at ASU in a biochemistry program. My under grad GPA in science however, is a 2.87 and overall is a 2.89. (Graduated with a B.S. in Biochem btw). As the process continues I'll update my experience. Cheers!

Reactions: 1 users
If you don't mind sharing, what was your GRE score? I will be applying at the end of october!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am taking my GRE in 8 days. All of my application materials including recommendation letters are in except for my GRE score. When should I expect to hear back from the school? Also, is there any advantage of being a perfusion/cardiovascular monitoring technician at the moment?

To start off, I submitted my initial application materials July 1, 2017 and my letters of recommendation were received on the 25th. I've read from previous threads, interview invitations are sent out as early as a week after submission. Additionally, I've acquired four cases of shadowing under my belt at the Banner University Hospital in Phoenix, AZ. My current graduate school GPA is a 3.75 based off a couple courses I took last semester at ASU in a biochemistry program. My under grad GPA in science however, is a 2.87 and overall is a 2.89. (Graduated with a B.S. in Biochem btw). As the process continues I'll update my experience. Cheers![/QUOTE
To start off, I submitted my initial application materials July 1, 2017 and my letters of recommendation were received on the 25th. I've read from previous threads, interview invitations are sent out as early as a week after submission. Additionally, I've acquired four cases of shadowing under my belt at the Banner University Hospital in Phoenix, AZ. My current graduate school GPA is a 3.75 based off a couple courses I took last semester at ASU in a biochemistry program. My under grad GPA in science however, is a 2.87 and overall is a 2.89. (Graduated with a B.S. in Biochem btw). As the process continues I'll update my experience. Cheers!

Did u get an interview yet?? My application was completed as of last week. I am still waiting to hear back from school?

Has anyone heard back? Waiting on an interview invitation!

Hey all. Any luck yet? I submitted about a month ago. All references received last Friday. Any interviews at all? I thought they typically do interviews on a rolling basis and early..

I am in the same boat. My application including LORs, transcripts were verified August 11th. I was told my application is being reviewed last week.

Anyone have any advice on how to shadow perfusionists and how to find them?

I am in the same boat. My application including LORs, transcripts were verified August 11th. I was told my application is being reviewed last week.
That's a long wait! I was under the impression they did rolling interviews and handed them out fairly quickly.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application for Midwestern was complete on 10/18/17. I was invited for an interview on 11/7, and I interviewed on December 11th. We were able to meet with most of the staff of the program, and from what current students have said, they have only interviewed around 10 students so far. They have not yet accepted any students from the sounds of it - they are planning to by the end of December.

Nope. I haven't heard from Quinnipiac yet but the advisor told me that they will won't start sending interview invites untill Jan. So we should be hearing soon.

My application for Midwestern was complete on 10/18/17. I was invited for an interview on 11/7, and I interviewed on December 11th. We were able to meet with most of the staff of the program, and from what current students have said, they have only interviewed around 10 students so far. They have not yet accepted any students from the sounds of it - they are planning to by the end of December.

Did they email you or call you for the interview?

anyone apply to any other schools? iowa anyone?

Has anyone gotten an email from Midwestern asking to schedule a Skype Interview?

Has anyone received anything from Rush or MUSC? I applied at the end of December and was just wondering about how long I have to be this nervous for... Also, how many of you guys have received an interview to Midwestern? Still waiting on that as well!

Sorry guys but I didn't read my email thoroughly. It was a skype interview from Quinnipiac. Has anyone gotten a skype interview invite from Quinnipiac???

I have my in person interview this Monday! hoping to hear if others have had experience yet with the interview or the school?

If anyone knows anything about Quinnipiac perfusion program, I would really appreciate your input.

It is at midwestern in Glendale Arizona!
that is awesome and so exciting! I am still waiting to hear back from them. If you don't mind me asking, about how long did it take from your application being complete to getting asked for an interview?

that is awesome and so exciting! I am still waiting to hear back from them. If you don't mind me asking, about how long did it take from your application being complete to getting asked for an interview?

I would say roughly six weeks?

I just received my invite for an in person interview at midwestern for Feb. 11th!! How has anyones experience been that has already interviewed there?

Congrats!! When was your application finalized and when did you receive your interview?? I am waiting on one for Midwestern, keeping my fingers crossed the wait is almost over!

Has anyone received anything from Rush or MUSC? I applied at the end of December and was just wondering about how long I have to be this nervous for... Also, how many of you guys have received an interview to Midwestern? Still waiting on that as well!
I interview at Rush on Friday, haven’t heard anything from MUSC, I know they kept on extending their deadline for a while due to bad weather and the offices being closed so it might be a bit

Congrats!! When was your application finalized and when did you receive your interview?? I am waiting on one for Midwestern, keeping my fingers crossed the wait is almost over!

So my application was completed about 2 weeks before I was invited for an interview which was on 1/25. Im not sure on the exact date of my application completion because I hadn't heard back from one of my recommendations in over a month so the last time I looked was about 2 weeks.

Hey everyone! I had a Skype interview with Quinnipiac a few weeks ago, and they said that they will be sending out their decision by the middle of February. Anybody hear back? I am anxiously waiting!!

I am anxiously waiting to hear back from Quinnipiac too. Do you know if they call or email?
QUOTE="PerfusionDude, post: 19697740, member: 904773"]Hey everyone! I had a Skype interview with Quinnipiac a few weeks ago, and they said that they will be sending out their decision by the middle of February. Anybody hear back? I am anxiously waiting!![/QUOTE]

I was literally about to ask you the same question- if it's over call, email, or mail.

I am anxiously waiting as well. I had my interview on the 21st of January. :eyebrow:

When do you all expect to hear back? Word on the street is sometime in February? Also, does Quinnipiac have wait lists? Weighing all my options at the moment.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m just waiting to hear back as well. It’s so nerve wrecking. For LIU last year I heard back from Chan April 26, 2017. Goodluck :)

I received a latter in the mail stating I was on the alternate list for midwestern. Not the news I was looking for but still plenty of time!

I am anxiously waiting!! Has anyone heard back from Quinnipiac?
When do you all expect to hear back? Word on the street is sometime in February? Also, does Quinnipiac have wait lists? Weighing all my options at the moment.

I have heard back from Quinnipiac (over email), and it was a letter of acceptance!! I hope you all hear back soon and get positive news from your programs. Wishing you all the best of luck!

Congratulations! You received the email yesterday? I haven't heard anything back yet. This is making me really nervous.

Sorry guys but I didn't read my email thoroughly. It was a skype interview from Quinnipiac. Has anyone gotten a skype interview invite from Quinnipiac???
If I may ask, when did you apply to Quinnipiac? How did the interview go?

I have heard back from Quinnipiac (over email), and it was a letter of acceptance!! I hope you all hear back soon and get positive news from your programs. Wishing you all the best of luck!
Congrats! When did you apply to the program?

If I may ask, when did you apply to Quinnipiac? How did the interview go?
I don't remember when exactly, but I didn turned in my apps towards the begining. I had my interview on the 21st of last month. I am still waiting!