Pediatric Endocrine Fellowship Invitations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did any one got Ranking email from any program

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any suggestion on Ranking please

Rank the programs you like highly, and the programs that you don't like lower. If you'd rather not match than go to a specific program, don't rank them.

Don't listen to post-interview communication. While I'm sure it's more accurate than residency, there's no reason for it to affect your choice if you really would rather go somewhere else.

100% match rate so I guess everyone got what they wanted. Congrats!

much more than 4 program. I know three in NY who has open position.

Where did you find the info for this out of curiosity?

One of my attendings contacted me about openings in the event I changed my mind about taking a gap year... three programs had posted openings to one of the message boards he was on.

Then later in the week, one of my Chiefs went over all the fellowship matches (he had a printout listing all the stats for all the programs, specifically how many positions they had and how many filled) and looked for which programs had openings in Endo. Some of them shocked me. But not enough to give up my gap year.

Yes. On the nrmp, for applicants, there is a list of all the programs that unfilled. Very surprised. There were just not enough applicants to go around. Matched at my #1! I tink I interviewed with too many programs. Congrads everyone!

I applied to about 27 programs, got interviews with about 20 and went on 15 interviews. I applied first in midwest and NE but got nervous and applied across the country. Some programs gave me an interview early (july), others "late" (September!) and i don't think it mattered. My #1 choice offered me an interview in september and i got it.
I got interviews at top places even though I am not a "top" candidate.
So my advice to anyone interested is to go for the stars. Don't be nervous about matching. I was crazy to waste so much money!
And for the programs that didn't offer me interviews and didn't match... ::raspberries::

Reactions: 1 user
Same with me I applied 25 got interview from 20 and I did attended 16 interview it was very exhausting in the end I was not able to cope up.

I did got matched to top notch Program and I am very happy with the result.

Thanks all for updates and regarding program not match was a shocking. The list was posted to the NRMP account in my reports.

I am surely some of us will be working together!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I am surely some of us will be working together!!!
I am pretty sure I ran into one of the posters of this thread ;)
Peds Endo community is very small. I am sure we will all meet one day

Hey PG2 here.
Anyone here interview at Emory, Duke or UNC?
I'm already looking at programs but want to stay relatively close to this region. Any opinions about their endo programs?

Quick question for those who have recently applied: did you have a department chair letter?

I have a letter from my PD, my APD, and several attendings who know me well. My department chair also knows me well, but I hear he is not very specific in his letters, instead writing good, but very generic letters (I have read one he wrote for a residency applicant and it didn't really tell me anything, and our PC says most of his letters look like that). So I'm debating whether to ask him for one at all, since I have yet to run across a website that says I need one from him. But I have heard people who have applied for fellowship with other specialties say that it's a requirement. Help?

Quick question for those who have recently applied: did you have a department chair letter?

I have a letter from my PD, my APD, and several attendings who know me well. My department chair also knows me well, but I hear he is not very specific in his letters, instead writing good, but very generic letters (I have read one he wrote for a residency applicant and it didn't really tell me anything, and our PC says most of his letters look like that). So I'm debating whether to ask him for one at all, since I have yet to run across a website that says I need one from him. But I have heard people who have applied for fellowship with other specialties say that it's a requirement. Help?

Each program has their own requirement. I don't remember coming across any programs that required one from the department chair.- just PD, Endo attending and one other. Doesnt sound like the Chair would be very helpful. Maybe for someone who is having trouble gathering letter but it sounds like you have enough