Pediatric applicant and hearing aids

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pediadocto

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to have an idea from you guys. I am a foreign medical graduate, I did my medical residency in Pediatrics in my home country, already took the steps with 250s. I was diagnosed with Otosclerosis for two years now and I have mild-moderate mixed hearing loss and I use hearing aids during rounds although I dont use them for daily life that often. I have no trouble using my stets but I will be using my hearing aids during my interviews.
I wanted to know if genuinely, despite good letters of recommendations from US physicians about my ability to perform at my best despite my use of my hearing aids, will that be a major negative factor in my application?

While I do have the option to get a stapedectomy done for one of the worse ears, I want to avoid that because of the potential risk of the implant sliding with flights and all. It is an option that i will consider in 10+ years.

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

PS: I took my CS exam last year and passed with two high performances and I was allowed the use of the hearing aids during my exam.