Pearson practice exams vs PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hajenkin

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to take the PCAT for the first time this Friday. I have been religiously doing the study guides/practice exams from Dr. Collins for the past two-three weeks and have been doing pretty well on those. I purchased the Pearson exams and took exam #4 a couple days ago and scored within my target range for biology and chemistry (maybe just tad lower), but my quantitative reasoning was quite lower than I want it to be.

Since taking the exam I've been making sure to go over the wrong questions and making sure I understand how to do them.

Do these scores usually reflect the scores received on the actual PCAT? Also, is the actual PCAT the same difficulty/harder/easier than the Pearson practice exams? How similar are the questions on the practice exams to those found on the actual PCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For me, the Pearson practice exams do reflect my real scores. I took it July 18 and scored in the same ranges that I got on those practice exams: upper end for Bio and Chem, lower end for RC and Quant.
I would say the practice exams model the real tests pretty well.

Reactions: 1 user
For me, the Pearson practice exams do reflect my real scores. I took it July 18 and scored in the same ranges that I got on those practice exams: upper end for Bio and Chem, lower end for RC and Quant.
I would say the practice exams model the real tests pretty well.
Oh good! I'm hoping that's the case for me, as well. Are the questions pretty similar on the actual exam?

I am scheduled to take the PCAT for the first time this Friday. I have been religiously doing the study guides/practice exams from Dr. Collins for the past two-three weeks and have been doing pretty well on those. I purchased the Pearson exams and took exam #4 a couple days ago and scored within my target range for biology and chemistry (maybe just tad lower), but my quantitative reasoning was quite lower than I want it to be.

Since taking the exam I've been making sure to go over the wrong questions and making sure I understand how to do them.

Do these scores usually reflect the scores received on the actual PCAT? Also, is the actual PCAT the same difficulty/harder/easier than the Pearson practice exams? How similar are the questions on the practice exams to those found on the actual PCAT?

woow, i thought if i register now, it is till october before i can write..... what the heck have i been doing with my life!!!

wait a minute, did you register in March?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)