PCAT JAN 5th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Notaquitter

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I keep studying? I've been going hard since early November. My timing on the test is excellent. I have two practice exams left through Pearson, but I feel they are to easy and may allow me to underestimate the actually difficulty of the real test.

I'm still reviewing btw.

Members don't see this ad.

Should I keep studying? I've been going hard since early November. My timing on the test is excellent. I have two practice exams left through Pearson, but I feel they are to easy and may allow me to underestimate the actually difficulty of the real test.

I'm still reviewing btw.
Which practice test did you take?

Yup, that is a good mentality to have. I took the nov pcat, and in my opinion, it was harder than all three of the pearson practice tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
Harder than kaplan too?

I studied with Kaplan for my PCAT back in Nov. The Chemistry and Biology sections were way harder than the actual PCAT. The math section seemed right in line with it though regarding difficulty and timing.

Reactions: 1 user
I studied with Kaplan for my PCAT back in Nov. The Chemistry and Biology sections were way harder than the actual PCAT. The math section seemed right in line with it though regarding difficulty and timing.
Thank you!

I didn't think the PCAT was hard, I believe it is the way you prepared for it...this is coming from someone who hated cell biology in college and thought that class was torture, see the PCAT doesn't want you to memorize facts. They are testing to see if you can apply what you learn because in pharm school, you will be doing that a lot. And in any career you chose, you have to think outside the box. Everyone struggles at certain things differently but take it in an positive way and work on those topics you have trouble with.

Harder than kaplan too?
I won't say Kaplan is harder than the actual test. I just find Kaplan asking questions that are not simular actual test. such as wording. Kaplan will also go in detail with it also. pcat is not that hard. important to note is to focus on test taking skills. it helps alot.