PCAT books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SG11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I take the PCAT in two months, and I already started studying for it. I started studying last week and i'm using the Kaplan book. I heard that Dr. Collins is way better than Kaplan. Am I wasting my time studying Kaplan? Also are the questions from Kaplan and Dr. Collins similar to the PCAT questions? Please help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am wondering the same thing. I'm reading forums on here that say Kaplan is mainly good for biology, but a majority are saying Dr. Collins is worth the investment. I say it's almost cutting it close to buy the Dr Collins at this point, do you HAVE to take the PCAT in 2 months (for early decision) or can you take it later this year? I'm taking mine in January. I will be using Kaplan and Dr. Collins as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am wondering the same thing. I'm reading forums on here that say Kaplan is mainly good for biology, but a majority are saying Dr. Collins is worth the investment. I say it's almost cutting it close to buy the Dr Collins at this point, do you HAVE to take the PCAT in 2 months (for early decision) or can you take it later this year? I'm taking mine in January. I will be using Kaplan and Dr. Collins as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I already signed up for the one in July and im debating whether to buy Dr. Collins. How similar are the questions from Kaplan and Dr. Collins?