Pathology Focus on NBDE Part 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinyteef

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! New to the site, and am studying for the NBDE Part 1 right now!

Looking for input from those who have taken the exam already -- there is SO MUCH pathology/so many diseases to study. If you were winding down to the test date, are there any diseases that you would focus more heavily on? Or diseases of particular body systems?

I'm using First Aid to study pathology, and it just seems like it will never end and I get so bogged down with it.

Any help is appreciated!

:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! New to the site, and am studying for the NBDE Part 1 right now!

Looking for input from those who have taken the exam already -- there is SO MUCH pathology/so many diseases to study. If you were winding down to the test date, are there any diseases that you would focus more heavily on? Or diseases of particular body systems?

I'm using First Aid to study pathology, and it just seems like it will never end and I get so bogged down with it.

Any help is appreciated!

:)

Pick 20-40 diseases. Diseases you already are familiar with, ones that sound familiar, and ones with oral manifestations. Know everything about them. Forget all of the other diseases. If you try to study everything you'll get lost in a mountain of info. Most of the pathology questions will be from the list you studied and the remaining questions will be from the remaining 200 (or whatever) diseases. Know everything about high yield diseases and don't even look at the other diseases.
my 2 cents

Reactions: 1 user