Pathology Boards Review Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I

ironchef

Members don't see this ad.

ironchef said:
Hi all-

I'm taking the Osler Review in Philadelphia and was curious what other people had heard about it in comparison to the ASCP review.

Thus far, today was day number one of seven. The lecturers were some good and some bad. The hotel facilities and admin organization were pretty poor. Not enough desks/tables, horribly overbooked room. The word is that things will be better tomorrow - but seems strange that the organizers couldn't anticipate that the room should have been larger.

Past residents in my program have traditionally taken the Osler. I don't know anyone that has taken the ASCP, but I thought it may be helpful to compare the two.

I just finished Day #4 of the ASCP course in Chicago--two more days to go. The hotel is nice and there are shuttles to a conference facility a few blocks away. It's well organized at the conference facility with excellent breakfasts, snacks and lunches. Today's lunch was meatloaf which I am not a fun of, but they did have an good Indian type vegetarian alternative.

CP was first, which was very through. Most of the lecturers were strong with the exception of microbiology. Just started AP today.

Any other SDN'ers in Chicago for the review? What do you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if there are major differences in the Osler 2010 notes compared to the Osler 2015 notes - anyone have an opinion? I need to know if it's worth it to buy the most updated version, since board exams typically have dated questions. Thanks in advance for any input.

Wondering if there are major differences in the Osler 2010 notes compared to the Osler 2015 notes - anyone have an opinion? I need to know if it's worth it to buy the most updated version, since board exams typically have dated questions. Thanks in advance for any input.

The are fairly similar. The major differences I noticed were that some of the lecturers changed. You can probably get by with 2010 if you must, but I would see if your program will get the new one.

Reactions: 1 user

Pathology hasn't changed much outside of molecular. I think I used 2010 notes (maybe some even older than that) and it was perfectly fine for me when it came to test time. But my advice is to do as many questions and read all answers (even the ones you get right). That was the bulk of my studying. Reading notes gets boring and passive. Doing questions keeps it to active learning.

The are fairly similar. The major differences I noticed were that some of the lecturers changed. You can probably get by with 2010 if you must, but I would see if your program will get the new one.

Last edited by a moderator: