Passed NAPLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Akind00

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After weeks of looking through all the "passed" and "failed" naplex threads, it's my turn to give back to this community ;)

I took the exam Saturday morning 8AM, and had my results online at around 3PM the following Tuesday. I used the RxPrep book, and I bought the online videos and questions. I studied for about a month on/off 6-8 hours a day, and read the book 3 times. My topics were all over the place, and I'm glad I went over the whole book. SO PLEASE, DO NOT SKIP any chapters. A good majority of my questions were from thyroid, HTN, HLD, Diabetes, HF, bits of infectious and onco, HiV, IV compatibility, herbals, compounding and biostats. I had one med chem/structure question, and WHOLE LOT OF select all the apply. I mean...30% of the exam was select all the apply. Yes, it was hell. I had a few "arranging" questions, and "pinpoint" questions, too. I was really disappointed i only had a few onco and HIV because I went ham on those chapters, but they asked simple side effects/antidotes for the more common drugs. The math was definitely doable. Moreover, I only did the first 30 questions on the SDN 120 packet and I'm glad I stopped. SDN120 is overkill, as many others have said before. Yes know your brand-generics, yes know dosage forms, and yes I had to memorize some important dosing.

This was a 6 hour exam-I finished in 5, and that's with double checking all the math and sometimes just staring at the screen for a few minutes because I could not remember what color warfarin 7.5 was. I didn't take the 10 minute breaks in between either. I was still keeping pace-if I didn't know the answer to a question I picked a random answer and went on to the next question. I mean, the answer is not going to magically appear to me, so might as well move on.

I didn't feel too bad after the exam, I knew 50 questions were going to be thrown out and a good majority of people pass on their first try. But those damn select all the apply's kept me up at night; settled my anxiety by praying to God. Made it to the triple digits ;))

And that orange color register button/registration closed theory; it proved right for me.

My overall judgement: don't panic. It's not the end of the world if you fail. And if you fail, it ain't nobody else's business, just do it again in 45 days (not too bad). Actually, you're more likely to pass so have confidence!

Yup....... I still have 6 months left on the Rxprep online videos and quizzes, so if you're interested, message me for $$$ details.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations!!!! just a quick question, I find Rxprep questions challenging, were the naplex questions at the same difficulty level?
I am thinking just to study questions ( Full time job, commute, kids) NO TIME
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks

Yes, I think the NAPLEX was easier than the quizzes. But it really helped cement the important details in my head.

Reactions: 1 user
WOW so many people PM about the exam, but it's the same information I'm giving out so I might as well lay more stuff here.
I was able to go through the book 3 times in a short time because I skipped a lot of the pathophys/background and jumped right into the drug MOA/side effects/BW/ CI and counseling points. I tried to absorb as much as I can the first two times I read it, the third time, I was just testing myself, and skimmed through. While reading the book, just keep in mind what you remember that way you can fill in what you don't remember. Make funny mnemonics, flashcards or organize information in your head to make its simpler to recall. I did go a little crazy with the itty bitty details per drug, but that was TOTALLY UNNECESSARY. Things that are underlined in the book are ENOUGH. Don't go too crazy with the math either as long as you can break down the question and see what it's really asking for, you will be golden.

Members don't see this ad :)
P.S. I'm selling my book, and online 6 month access to both videos and quizzes for 500. It's all in a package so, I can't split up the access...Is 500 too much? I mean it's like 788 for 6 months on the website.....