Program-Specific Info / Q's Pacific University OTD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is this your first choice school?

• Total voters
Hey everyone! Just had my interview with Pacific today and I thought it went pretty well! Very laid back and casual interview. I had a skype interview btw since I'm all the way out in Hawaii. I'm pretty sure they want the candidates to feel as comfortable as possible. Good luck to anyone else interviewing soon!

I thought interviews were March 11?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a skype interview and I guess they do those first. The on site interviews are in March.

Oh, I didn't even realize they did those. I hope all went well! Congrats on an interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have all of the interview invites been sent out?

Yes, I believe their second interview date is March 11 or March 14th? And I know that they notify those interviewing early so applicants can arrange a trip if necessary. So I think that they have sent out all interview invitations by now

Yes, I believe their second interview date is March 11 or March 14th? And I know that they notify those interviewing early so applicants can arrange a trip if necessary. So I think that they have sent out all interview invitations by now
Do you think it's inappropriate to email Jon Erik and ask for feedback? I have good grades, lots of experience, and am a talented writer and didn't get an interview. I am grieving now but I need to know what I can do next year.

Do you think it's inappropriate to email Jon Erik and ask for feedback? I have good grades, lots of experience, and am a talented writer and didn't get an interview. I am grieving now but I need to know what I can do next year.
Absolutely not!

In fact, I called him and he talked to me for about 45 minutes on things I could do to improve my application last year when I was in your shoes. I would try emailing him and setting up a phone call time.

I had a skype interview and I guess they do those first. The on site interviews are in March.
Hi! I just found this forum but I also have a Skype interview tomorrow as I am currently living in Haiti for 5 months. Any tips you can give would be so appreciated! How was the writing prompt? Good luck on the rest of the application process!!!

Anybody know if Pacific has assistantship or work study opportunities? I've been offered a spot but am hesitant because of the price tag on this program. It doesn't seem like it has really anything of the sort to alleviate the cost of attendance which is frustrating.

Anybody know if Pacific has assistantship or work study opportunities? I've been offered a spot but am hesitant because of the price tag on this program. It doesn't seem like it has really anything of the sort to alleviate the cost of attendance which is frustrating.

Congrats on getting offered a spot! The cost of the program is also a major concern of mine, so I was disappointed to find only scholarships and loans. There may be work study opportunities that I'm not aware of. If you're from Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, or Wyoming, you can apply for the WICHE program. Also, you always have the option of working while attending school. I know OT students who are able to hold jobs or raise their families while attending school, so having a part-time job may be doable. Other than those options, it seems we just have to accept the hefty price tag.

Do you mean you were accepted to the program or that you were offered an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow congrats, I thought they were accepted after their second round of interviews.

How/when were you notified?

Thank you! Jon-Erik called me on 2/17 - apparently they just picked five from the first round to extend offers, so there are still lots of seats. And I am pretty sure at this point I'll be declining my spot because I got into my top choice school UPS!

Thank you! Jon-Erik called me on 2/17 - apparently they just picked five from the first round to extend offers, so there are still lots of seats. And I am pretty sure at this point I'll be declining my spot because I got into my top choice school UPS!

First round of interviews?

First round of interviews?
There was apparently a first round of interviews in February. Read about it earlier in the forum. I had my phone interview today and it was pretty laid back. Good luck to everyone attending the interview day next week!

Hi! I just found this forum but I also have a Skype interview tomorrow as I am currently living in Haiti for 5 months. Any tips you can give would be so appreciated! How was the writing prompt? Good luck on the rest of the application process!!!

Sorry, I didn't see this post until now! But glad to hear that the phone interview went well! Did you have to send your writing prompt online? Good luck to you as we wait! :)

What were the stats of people who were given an interview?

Received at denial email from Pacific today.

Curious about the stats of people getting into Pacific too! I'm thinking of reapplying next year and I want to know what I can work on. Also hoping to give Jon-Erik a call, he told me to set up a phone call with him next month!

I'm sorry to hear... did you interview? Asking because I'm wondering if they're sending out so acceptances/denials for those who interviewed.

I didn't interview. I'm actually not too bummed. I was accepted to SJSU and UPS, which are both great and cheaper, so I have options. Good luck to those who interviewed and are still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry, I didn't see this post until now! But glad to hear that the phone interview went well! Did you have to send your writing prompt online? Good luck to you as we wait! :)
no worries at all! yes, she emailed me the prompt right after the interview was finished and I emailed it back to her. did you have to do the same? good luck on the waiting process!

Hoping that we all hear back soon seeing as the second round of interviews was today!

Hoping that we all hear back soon seeing as the second round of interviews was today!
They told us today to plan on hearing back the week of the 21st

Reactions: 1 users
no worries at all! yes, she emailed me the prompt right after the interview was finished and I emailed it back to her. did you have to do the same? good luck on the waiting process!

Same! I had 30 minutes to finish it :eek:

Just received a call from John Erik that I'm accepted!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited: I can't believe it!!! Good luck to the rest of you!!

Congratulations everyone!!! I am hoping to hear positive news back sometime soon, hopefully they will be spreading out the acceptance notifications over several days...crossing my fingers!

Jon Erik said that they were notifying 5 people today I think? And that there would be several new waves of Acceptances. There's still many seats to be filled, best wishes for everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations everyone!!! I am hoping to hear positive news back sometime soon, hopefully they will be spreading out the acceptance notifications over several days...crossing my fingers!

Yes he should be sending out more invites over this week and next week! :)

I guess those that were already accepted wouldn't quite know when the rest of us should have a decision either way...but does anyone know a date where we will know for sure whether we have been accepted/rejected/waitlisted?

How were you notified of the waitlist? I have not heard anything :/

I got an email today about being waitlisted in tier 2 and that the entire waitlist contains 60 applicants split into four tiers. Jon-Erik noted that everyone should hear back by March 21st.

I received an email today from Vicki Hains informing me that I'm on tier 1 waitlist. Do you guys know how the waitlist system works? If one person declines their invitation, who would be next in line?

I received an email today from Vicki Hains informing me that I'm on tier 1 waitlist. Do you guys know how the waitlist system works? If one person declines their invitation, who would be next in line?
From my understanding, when one person declines, the admissions committee re-evaluates Tier 1 and chooses a candidate. We are not ranked amongst the tiers.

I received an acceptance letter in the mail today - completely thrilled and surprised!

I never got a call, but I received a letter today saying I got in!! I can't believe it, see you all in the fall :soexcited:

Yay! Do you guys remember when John said the facebook group will be created? I'd like to find a potential roommate since there's no graduate dorms! :)

I'd be very interested in rooming as well - preferably as close to campus as possible!