Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Didn't realize you had received the call hahah congrats!

I just got my acceptance call off the waitlist. I can't stop crying guys!!!

Congrats Future Doc! I know how you feel. When I got the call that morning, the world seemed to stop. Finally, all that hard work payed off!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call! Accepted off the waitlist! Interviewed on the very first interview day Oct 2nd I think. Really SUPER stoked!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to everyone pulled off the waitlist today! Crazy how things come around. For those of you accepted today do you remember how long we have to put in our deposit and how we do that once our aceptance packet is received.

Congrats to everyone pulled off the waitlist today! Crazy how things come around. For those of you accepted today do you remember how long we have to put in our deposit and how we do that once our aceptance packet is received.

In my case I was told to send in the packet by Dec 19. After I did that, they said that in spring I'd get more paperwork. I'd love to be done with everything now though. Next deadline is on June first.

January 13th, I think.

You are right. Under checklist it says the due dates of the forms for late on January 12

Congrats on all the acceptances guys! I remember when I got the call, I was in the car and had to pull over because my hands were shaking so much. I'm a 2nd year, and like to keep my eyes on the forums. If you've got any questions feel free to reply, or message, or pm, or whatever you're most comfortable doing. Always happy to see more people get accepted, and for those of you who haven't got accepted yet, don't give up. There's likely a lot more WL movement that will come in the next couple months. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a facebook group for Class of 2021?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my acceptance call off the waitlist. I can't stop crying guys!!!
YAY congrats! If we both end up going here we can carpool home haha

I just refused my interview invite at PNWU, I hope it goes to one of you guys.

I recently received an interview invite for March 3rd. If they're already pulling people from the waitlist why would they keep interviewing new candidates? There's no way to know this, but I feel like I'd be interviewing for a waitlist spot... what are your thoughts?

Also, for those of you who interviewed, how did you like the school? I was accepted to LECOM and I'm pretty set on going there, but I'm still interested in PNWU as well. I just don't know much about it because they don't post a whole lot of information about the program, class schedules, rotations, etc...

I actually really liked the school. When I first decided to apply to DO schools it was more of a backup to MD schools for me. But after my interview at PNWU I am having a hard time deciding between there and some of my top MD schools. I liked the small town feel, the campus was not attached to a larger university, the staff seemed very friendly, they have had a 100% match rate for residencies every year they have been open. They seemed very committed to enabling their students to succeed. They don't have much of a library, they prefer to use ipads instead of textbooks. but it is very far away from LECOM, so maybe you should consider the traveling if you live in the east part of the states. lots more time and expense to go home.
In regards to being waitlisted, i don't know that that is the case. Perhaps they have had a lot of people turning down interviews or not accepting the acceptances and they have a set percentage they accept each month so they pulled off the waitlist to stay on track.

Yeah I wouldn't take it as the class is full so they are taking off the wait list - more of a - we're still looking at candidates on the wait list - so at anyway time you can be pulled off of it....so it's not like currentl applicants are only applying for the waitlist

Can you make the deposit online?

Okay thanks.. so if my deposit is due on the 19th then I can just phone them on that day and all will be good?

I would think you should be good

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yes - I phoned them from out of the country the day before mine was due and paying with a CC over the phone. The one kicker is they have to already have received your paperwork before they can take the phone payment. Hope that helps

Yes - I phoned them from out of the country the day before mine was due and paying with a CC over the phone. The one kicker is they have to already have received your paperwork before they can take the phone payment. Hope that helps

Receive the paperwork??? I havent sent that....

Or can we scan and send?

What are the amenities for students? Cafeteria? Gym? Study rooms?

Or can we scan and send?

You'd have to ask but the impression I got was they needed the physical copy to be mailed to them (the two sided one page). I sent mine priority mail just in case because I've been out of the country the last week - then made a google call to give my CC # when they receieved it the follow day

You'd have to ask but the impression I got was they needed the physical copy to be mailed to them (the two sided one page). I sent mine priority mail just in case because I've been out of the country the last week - then made a google call to give my CC # when they receieved it the follow day

Ok it looks like there is a fax number on the offer of acceptance so It looks like i can just fax it for the physical copy. Thanks!

What are the amenities for students? Cafeteria? Gym? Study rooms?

No gym but you get a credit of $20 per month off a gym membership (or any other type of health activity - yoga classes for example) at the end of the term. There is always food during the workweek available for purchase at lunch, but it's a small venue. Also, the facilities personnel regularly leave free food for students. Study rooms are available, but not as many as you would see at an undergrad university. I studied 50/50 at home vs on campus and never had issues finding a place to focus. There are also other buildings outside of the main PNWU building with study rooms as well.

My due date for sending in my acceptance letter was today as well. I mailed it Saturday and had them put a sticker on it that said it was mailed Dec 17th. I called PNWU and they were fine with that. That $1000 hurt. Merry Christmas to PNWU.

withdrew my acceptance here today, tough decision! the faculty and staff here were great and all the students seemed really happy. plus the PF preclinical years was really attractive.

good luck everyone. happy holidays!!

My portal just updated today to "deny post supplement." It kinda stings since I love this school but oh well. Good luck everyone!

My due date for sending in my acceptance letter was today as well. I mailed it Saturday and had them put a sticker on it that said it was mailed Dec 17th. I called PNWU and they were fine with that. That $1000 hurt. Merry Christmas to PNWU.
That was me last year lol... congratulations! (and Merry Christmas to YOU for getting into med school, eh?) :)

is anyone else on the fence between this school and another? Curious to know :)

Declining my acceptance at PWNU, I hope those of you on the waitlist get a nice phone call soon! :)

Waiting on post II decisions from UW/OHSU, but turned down other acceptances for PNWU - so it will for sure be one of those three for me.

Declining my acceptance at PWNU, I hope those of you on the waitlist get a nice phone call soon! :)

boooo....
haha it was nice meeting you though :)

Waiting on post II decisions from UW/OHSU, but turned down other acceptances for PNWU - so it will for sure be one of those three for me.

I'm also set on PNWU if I don't get my state school. To be fair, my state school has a good program and it's 30 minutes away from home, so I wouldn't have to move!
But I am sure that if I'm accepted to my state school I'll still be torn in my decision between both. It won't be easy.

Has anyone accepted throughout this cycle been drug tested? I just saw that on the application and found it interesting.

Has anyone accepted throughout this cycle been drug tested? I just saw that on the application and found it interesting.

Many schools will drug test the incoming class and I'd imagine it's not terribly unheard of in Washington.

How long after you mailed your check and letter did it take to reflect that they were received on the portal? I mailed my stuff about a week ago and it's showing missing still. Distance-wise it should be there by now.

I mailed mine a week and a half ago and my portal reflects missing too.

How long after you mailed your check and letter did it take to reflect that they were received on the portal? I mailed my stuff about a week ago and it's showing missing still. Distance-wise it should be there by now.
I got an email saying they had received it 8 days after I put it in the mail

Many schools will drug test the incoming class and I'd imagine it's not terribly unheard of in Washington.

I'm curious how they handle legalization and or medical usage- I would assume they take the approach of "still illegal federally so no go". I know we've taken that approach at our hospital with new hires, and it catches a bunch of people out