PA School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aaron9297

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have decided to apply to PA School. Everything is already submitted and verified, thank God, so all I have to do now is wait. Anyways, I wanted to get an idea about where you guys think I stand. I worked as a student athletic trainer in college (2010-2013) and logged over 4000 hours with diagnosing injuries and providing treatments, etc. I've been a teacher for three years and have a few hundred hours of shadowing experience as well, in addition to my Masters of Health Care Administration. CASPA says my GPA is as follows:

BCP 3.25
biochem 2.5
biology/zoology 3.16
chem 3.42
physics 4.0
org chem 3.13
other sci 3.86
math 2.56 ( I took a college algebra course and got a 4.0 but it's not calculated in this)
english 2.67
behav sci 4.0
other nonsci 3.87
freshman 3.18
sophomore 3.53
junior 3.26
senior 3.27
baccalaureate 3.29
cum undergrad 3.29
graduate 4.0
overall 3.51
Freshman sci 3.4
sophomore sci 3.47
junior sci 3.42
senior sci 3.19
bacc sci 3.38
grad sci 4.0
overall sci 3.4
freshman non-sci 3.03
sophomore non-sci 3.6
junior non-sci 2.00
senior non-sci 3.5
cumu undergrad non-sci 3.17
grad non-sci 4.0
Overall non-sci 3.59

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Crossposting (posting the same thread in two subforums) is against the TOS. I'd avoid doing it in the future. Your threads'll probably get merged. Your application is pretty solid, I think you'll get in if you apply broadly.

Thanks for the clarification. I will delete the old thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Crossposting (posting the same thread in two subforums) is against the TOS. I'd avoid doing it in the future. Your threads'll probably get merged. Your application is pretty solid, I think you'll get in if you apply broadly.
I also updated my full CASPA gpa calcs

Some schools will want the prereqs completed within the last 4-5 years; do you fall within this area? Even though you have a masters, don't underestimate the chance that you will be judged more on your hard science class performance (as the masters a non-science). Finally, also make sure that your HCE will count for whatever schools you apply to; I've noticed several programs that don't accept working in a "student" role.

Agreed, your numbers look okay. You will stand out by having the MHA. It shows that you can handle master's level course work and few applicants have a master's degree.

Some schools will want the prereqs completed within the last 4-5 years; do you fall within this area? Even though you have a masters, don't underestimate the chance that you will be judged more on your hard science class performance (as the masters a non-science). Finally, also make sure that your HCE will count for whatever schools you apply to; I've noticed several programs that don't accept working in a "student" role.

That's interesting. I've never read that on any of the Texas schools I applied to. I will go back and double check.