This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maylily7

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Maylily7! I really want to become a PA and apply to PA school upon graduation. What I would appreciate is advice to secure an acceptance and the likelihood I can get into one of these programs. Also, if you have any personal admissions stories I'd be happy to hear them! I just want to know if this is achievable for me.

Info about me: Biology major with a psychology and chemistry minor.
3.7 overall GPA, 3.4 Science GPA
Going to become a senior this coming fall (Fall 2017)

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it!
Maylily7

P.S. If you have any schools/programs to recommend, don't hesitate to mention them! I'd love to check them out!

Members don't see this ad.

There are over 200 programs now. most require some health care experience. your grades are fine. shadowing, community service, etc also play into the application process.
see www.physicianassistaantforum.com and www.aapa.org ofg more info on the professions, links to programs, etc

GPA is good.

Most of the programs require you to to take the GRE exam. A low 150 on both sections would be a good goal. If you could score mid 150s on both sections then that would make you very competitive.

Some schools require you to do clinical/shadow hours while some don't (the two i'm applying to don't require it). You need to look online and see if they require for the schools your looking at https://www.thepalife.com/hce-paschool/

Hey guys I'm seeking advice applying to PA programs. I just graduated with my psychology BS and finished all the pre-reqs and took plenty of science classes (bio1/2, chem1/2, orgo1/2, micro, physics1, calc1, and A&P1/2) my current GPA is 3.5 and my science CASPA GPA is about 3.1 (I really messed up in my math classes). Do I have a shot getting into a PA program? Thank you in advance.