PA Admissions Essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musicmaker5438

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am new to the SDN and I was wondering if anyone has any good resources for places to send your PA school application essay (either paid or for free), that offer coaching on how to revise it?

Thanks and nice to meet you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!

I am new to the SDN and I was wondering if anyone has any good resources for places to send your PA school application essay (either paid or for free), that offer coaching on how to revise it?

Thanks and nice to meet you all!
What I have seen done most routinely is asking former applicants, as well as current applicants, to take a look at it and give feedback. This forum, and other PA specific forums, could net you something like that. If you like, you could PM me a copy and I would give it a read through. If you choose to do so then you should also include the essay prompt and any other requirements as indicated.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't recommend posting the essay in public, on the off chance someone decides to plagiarize. :( You could instead ask for volunteers to read it, then send it to them via private message.

But my advice is to spend fewer words on the dramatic patient encounters (they are interesting to read, but do not tell me why you'd make a good PA) and more about the experiences that led you to choose PA in particular and how you developed the qualities that will make you a good PA.

Theres a book out there by an author named Andrew Rodican, and its called something like "how to get into the PA school of your choice". He gives some of the best overview of what to do to get in. Has a website as well... just google "Andrew Rodican PA", and it will bring up his website, and you can do a little more googleing to find his book on amazon. Its worth the money for the book. The guy will actually personally consult you if you give him enough cash, I believe. I think that's too much for the typical candidate with any common sense, but its there for you. He also has some sample essays on his site, which seem a bit sappy for me, but they give you the idea of what most prospective PA's are writing. After looking it over just now, I can't imagine how annoying it would be to read application essays all day for a job, but PA schools make millions each year off of reading essays of folks they plan to reject (or maybe they don't even get that far on most of them).