Over Prepared

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vanillax7

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as being over prepared for the MCAT? Given how important of a test this is, I would assume practicing as much as possible would yield better scores because of the limited amount of things that can actually be tested.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Yes and no. If you're talking just about understanding content, you'll likely fall flat on your face very quickly. The MCAT is much more about practicing with FL exams and bargaining your time effectively. If you can't master that, you'll find that you will struggle.

However, if all you mean is knowing too much content but balancing it with some FL exams, then no. Content is your core, and the better that core is, pieces will fall in to place much easier.

Is there such a thing as being over prepared for the MCAT? Given how important of a test this is, I would assume practicing as much as possible would yield better scores because of the limited amount of things that can actually be tested.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I actually do think that being over prepared can be a negative if you are susceptible to hyper-analyzing things (me). I went through 6 kaplan full lengths (hard and not representative) and every other question had some trick, at a point when I got to easier aamc questions it psyched me out and I would just hyper analyze everything and choose the wrong answer sometimes.

I'd still rather over study than understudy tho.