OT: Pre-vet Gamers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Save cards aren't THAT old. Egg probably only one who doesn't know what those are.
N64/PS generation... feel like many here would be that age. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Aaaaand I effed up somewhere in the beginning of the game and didn't catch it. Good thing the opening scene is cool

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
N64/PS generation... feel like many here would be that age. :p

I mean even early versions of the Xbox 360 had them.

Also that metal gear five game was such a waste of money lol. One chapter and it was over, but hey one less game on my list

Also, who else here is playing Fire Emblem Heroes? Right now, my video game time is split between that and Fallen London.

I have the money and I still can't get a switch. Damn you pre-orders!

I got my pre-order in! I'll play BotW but not like that super stoked about it. Just wanting to secure one before the Splatoon 2 global testfire at the end of March, haha!

Also, who else here is playing Fire Emblem Heroes? Right now, my video game time is split between that and Fallen London.

I'm half-assing Fire Emblem Heroes, getting some good summons but it takes so long to build up orbs and I'm not into spending money on it so...

I'm half-assing Fire Emblem Heroes, getting some good summons but it takes so long to build up orbs and I'm not into spending money on it so...
Mostly same here. I've played a bit more since I've been lucky in summons, though.

I need to get back to the dualing arena. Last week was busy enough that I didn't even get through my daily three matches.

Mostly same here. I've played a bit more since I've been lucky in summons, though.

I need to get back to the dualing arena. Last week was busy enough that I didn't even get through my daily three matches.

I really barely play. I got a 5* Effie and she destroys everything even at like level 6. Most of my videogame time is taken up with Splatoon because it's in-season for the main competitive leagues. And the Switch comes out on Friday.......

Members don't see this ad :)
Still? But how...
Eh, I think it could be possible if you are good at time management. Truly, the most important thing I learned in first semester was juggling everything, and prioritizing what was important for me. For instance, I personally learned that if I let myself take time for myself (like running, baking, etc), then the time I studied I was way more efficient and more motivated. YMWV, but I could easily see someone still be really engaged with video games if that's what they prioritize.

Still? But how...

My guild raids twice a week, about five hours total late at night. It was a challenge to level and gear up during the expansion, but now it's just maintenance on consumables. If I want to run m+ I just put feelers out to a tank and healer in advance, and then we go.

Anyone else hyped for the new Zelda? Currently a 98 on Metacritic. I can't believe it comes out tomorrow!

Anyone else hyped for the new Zelda? Currently a 98 on Metacritic. I can't believe it comes out tomorrow!

zeldadog.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
We hadn't set up the wii u since moving and power cable was discovered to be MIA... Partner is out getting another and then we'll be zelda-ing it up all day. :D

I haven't bought a non-handheld console since N64 (mainly cause I'm torn between systems and too poor to have multiple ) but I'm totally tempted to get the Switch because of Breath of the Wild. It looks amazing.

I'm so tempted to get a switch right this second... How is it for those who have it? What is awesome? Any cons? Any great games to get for it?

I haven't bought a non-handheld console since N64 (mainly cause I'm torn between systems and too poor to have multiple ) but I'm totally tempted to get the Switch because of Breath of the Wild. It looks amazing.

I'm so tempted to get a switch right this second... How is it for those who have it? What is awesome? Any cons? Any great games to get for it?
Good luck finding one :yeahright:

My guild raids twice a week, about five hours total late at night. It was a challenge to level and gear up during the expansion, but now it's just maintenance on consumables. If I want to run m+ I just put feelers out to a tank and healer in advance, and then we go.

PvP with me, loser. :p I need a good rated BG team (does your guild PvP?). I've always been a WoW loner for 8 years or so but leading pugs in RBG or Ashran gets old.

Unless you are Ally scum :eek:

LOK'TAR OGAR

I've had mine since midnight on launch day and have played through a good chunk of Zelda BotW this weekend. BotW is amazing, visually gorgeous, huge world to explore (almost too big at times), good storyline so far, good mechanics, just all around fun. The Switch itself seems good. I've played about half and half handheld and television mode only because handheld is so pretty. The controllers are kind of small but not really an issue. The home screen/menu is pretty easy to use. Friend codes are stupid and I can't believe Nintendo is still using them BUT if you have friends on Miitomo or Super Mario Run you can add them on Switch after you link your Nintendo account so it's slightly better.

I also have Snipperclips which is fun too. Obviously different kind of fun, but still fun.

In conclusion: DOOO ITTT!!!

(If you're in CoMo, they definitely had extras at the Best Buy where we got our preorder but not sure if they're still around)

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck finding one :yeahright:

It sounded like we had some around here. Unfortunately, can't spent the $300 right now as I have to pay off the $900 I owe work, my hospital bills still, for my dog's upcoming dental and likely new brakes/brake pads on my car...

I did just use a Target Giftcard to get OoT for 3DS, Super Smash Bros and Super Mario 3D Land as Target was having a buy 2, get 1 free deal.

It sounded like we had some around here. Unfortunately, can't spent the $300 right now as I have to pay off the $900 I owe work, my hospital bills still, for my dog's upcoming dental and likely new brakes/brake pads on my car...

I did just use a Target Giftcard to get OoT for 3DS, Super Smash Bros and Super Mario 3D Land as Target was having a buy 2, get 1 free deal.

The only Zelda game anyone needs

A week in and my biggest complaint with BotW is that it is chock full of adorable pups and you CAN'T FREAKING PET THEM. Ridiculous oversight.

Took a senior day yesterday and it was game heaven.
Waited in line at Gamestop for an hour before they opened to get a Switch + BotW.
Played 12 hours of Mass Effect Andromeda while my gf played BotW.
Played a little bit of BotW before bed.
Successful and amazing day

Reactions: 3 users
Took a senior day yesterday and it was game heaven.
Waited in line at Gamestop for an hour before they opened to get a Switch + BotW.
Played 12 hours of Mass Effect Andromeda while my gf played BotW.
Played a little bit of BotW before bed.
Successful and amazing day
Mass Effect Andromeda looks like heaven :love:
Too bad I need a better PC to actually play it:arghh:

Mass Effect Andromeda looks like heaven :love:
Too bad I need a better PC to actually play it:arghh:
:( Well, Mass Effect: Andromeda is not the game I hoped it would be if it puts your mind at ease. It just seems like a *slightly* more updated Mass Effect one. Kinda slightly disappointed.

On the other hand, Breath of the Wild is amazeballs

Also, Splatoon 2 testfire this weekend!!!!! If you have a switch you should at least try it out during one of the six 1 hour timeframes.

On the other hand, Breath of the Wild is amazeballs

Also, Splatoon 2 testfire this weekend!!!!! If you have a switch you should at least try it out during one of the six 1 hour timeframes.

Such a tiny amount of time ....

Idk but this has to be fixed IMMEDIATELY!

I foresee a lot of KH playing this weekend.... :D
I am universally branded, so just find me! Or I should show up as a Facebook friend if you have yours linked.

mickey is best healer though