OT: Pre-vet Gamers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not sure about Kingdom Hearts and Lego Star Wars, but if you've got a PS3 or Wii, there's versions of Okami available for those systems. I lurf Okami. :love:
I actually saw Okami for Wii at gamestop the other day, thought about buying it but hesitated because I wasn't sure if I'd like playing it with Wii controls as much. PS3 is unfortunately out of commission right now :( hope we can eventually fix that, cause I don't wanna lose access to our ps3 library too...
Since I have a lot of old games that I know aren't available on the PS store, I'd love to find a used PS2 (or repair ours, but of course I don't know if anyone will do that these days/if it would be financially worth it compared to buying, ha ha). I haven't seen any for sale around here, though I guess there's always ebay.

One old, semi-obscure game that I was surprised to find on the PSN: Mystic Heroes. That was my first PS2 game (first console game ever), so I had to buy it for the PS3 as soon as I saw it! Another one: Chulip. That one was completely new to me (think it only had a limited release in the US). Odd concept, but fun.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually saw Okami for Wii at gamestop the other day, thought about buying it but hesitated because I wasn't sure if I'd like playing it with Wii controls as much. PS3 is unfortunately out of commission right now :( hope we can eventually fix that, cause I don't wanna lose access to our ps3 library too...
Since I have a lot of old games that I know aren't available on the PS store, I'd love to find a used PS2 (or repair ours, but of course I don't know if anyone will do that these days/if it would be financially worth it compared to buying, ha ha). I haven't seen any for sale around here, though I guess there's always ebay.

One old, semi-obscure game that I was surprised to find on the PSN: Mystic Heroes. That was my first PS2 game (first console game ever), so I had to buy it for the PS3 as soon as I saw it! Another one: Chulip. That one was completely new to me (think it only had a limited release in the US). Odd concept, but fun.

Check Game Stop for refurbished ps2s. I got one for like $30 a while back :)

Reactions: 1 users
There is remaster/finals mixes of 1, 2, BBS, Re:COM and movies of 358/2 and coded that will be available for PS4 in March. 2.8 which is available on US on January 24th had DDD, movie of that KHX MMO thingy, and a brand new game called 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage all at once.
Cool, thanks, I'll definitely look into getting those on PS4.

Members don't see this ad :)
Re: Kingdom Hearts conversation

Yaaaaas. Got KH 2.8 in the mail today. Maybe I'll have time to play on the weekends otherwise a reward for surviving anesthesia
GORRAM UPS MAILED IT TO MY APARTMENT OFFICE WHICH CLOSES AT 5 AND I JUST GOT HOME :mad:

Not getting called in ftw.

Watched X Back Cover this weekend and got about 3.5 hours into Dream Drop Distance. Been so many years since I've played a Kingdom Hearts game, let alone on a console. The nostalgia is so real.

Not getting called in ftw.

Watched X Back Cover this weekend and got about 3.5 hours into Dream Drop Distance. Been so many years since I've played a Kingdom Hearts game, let alone on a console. The nostalgia is so real.
Just wait until you get to 0.2.

Curious, did you actually like Back Cover?

Just wait until you get to 0.2.

Curious, did you actually like Back Cover?

Yeah I was saving that for last!

Ehh, I dunno. Wasn't terrible I guess. A lot of the dialogue felt kinda forced. Not much real substance to the plot. The Master was a troll and Aced's whining annoyed me.

Yeah I was saving that for last!

Ehh, I dunno. Wasn't terrible I guess. A lot of the dialogue felt kinda forced. Not much real substance to the plot. The Master was a troll and Aced's whining annoyed me.
I am so pissed at back cover because it literally didn't tell me ANYTHING I DIDNT ALREADY KNOW. Everything interesting in that movie was literally shown in trailers. AND WE
STILL DONT KNOW WHO THE TRAITOR IS.

I was expecting to watch this so I wouldn't have to play Unchained X because that game is such a slog to get through that I got bored with it in the first few days (only other mobile game to do that was Pokémon Go!) But instead it was like Square decided "**** you Gwen play our ****ty mobile game because it's Kingdom Hearts and we own you."

YOU CANT DO THAT TO ME SQUARE!

Sidebar, VA for Master of Masters is also Noctis Lucius from FFXV. And yeah, I was really weirded out by MoM's style and... personality.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pictured below is my full collection of physical game titles. PS1, 2, and 4, Vita, 3DS, and GameCube.

image.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
All my games are in a box for now :(. Got like 60 games on steam and a bunch of emulators though...and yet for whatever reason as much as I want to play them, I have no urge to touch them. Though it would be nice to get Ocarina of Time out again

All my games are in a box for now :(. Got like 60 games on steam and a bunch of emulators though...and yet for whatever reason as much as I want to play them, I have no urge to touch them. Though it would be nice to get Ocarina of Time out again
Same...

All I've done lately is play Overwatch before bed, since it's an online multiplayer and thus easy to just pick up and play a while (optionally with a friend) and then leave. Plus there's a Year of the Rooster event ongoing for another week and I gotta collect that sweet chicken merch

Same...

All I've done lately is play Overwatch before bed, since it's an online multiplayer and thus easy to just pick up and play a while (optionally with a friend) and then leave. Plus there's a Year of the Rooster event ongoing for another week and I gotta collect that sweet chicken merch

Blizzard games so easy/comfortable to fall back on because they're familiar and right there.

I'm pretty sure I have over 100 unplayed games on Steam...and I don't even have my computer set up in my apartment

mid 2016:
The SO just broke a 1000 on "our" (his) account. I'd be surprised if we've played even 200 of them...

today:
D8P5wsh.png

:hungover:

Reactions: 3 users
Actually only 135 between the two of us, which I think is pretty reasonable. Morrowind was my jam, probably had 400+ in that game and nothing since has approached the same level.

400+ is impressive. That your most played game on steam/ever?

Few off my library
steam list.png

Some of mine as well.

steam library.png

400+ is impressive. That your most played game on steam/ever?

Few off my library
View attachment 214392
Was on original xbox, not steam, so I don't have an actual count. I just know I had several 100+ hour profiles.

Highest on our steam is Civ V, although tbh I think we probably played more local Civ IV together when we first started dating. It's just absurd how many games we have on steam that nobody has played. Like almost all the VR ones are waiting for us to set up the Vive...

Last edited:

The Bastion soundtrack is so good

Was on original xbox, not steam, so I don't have an actual count. I just know I had several 100+ hour profiles.

Highest on our steam is Civ V, although tbh I think we probably played more local Civ IV together when we first started dating tbh. It's just absurd how many games we have on steam that nobody has played. Like almost all the VR ones are waiting for us to set up the Vive...

VR oVeRrated....but let me know how it goes :thumbup:

The Bastion soundtrack is so good

VR oVeRrated....but let me know how it goes :thumbup:
Haha wasn't my buy, but we have a lot of spare room in the basement, there was a sale, and the boy was tempted.

I think I led him that way with this video a couple months ago (nsfw language):

Game purchased: 2015
First time playing it: today

Baby steps!

Been meaning to ask this for a while -- any FFXIV players here?

I've been away from the game for ...oh gosh, about a year now, but I was wistfully looking at my PS4 the other day and imagining a time when I'll have enough free time to play again.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

What game?

I was looking at my steam library and I definitely have games purchased in 2013 that I haven't touched...

Metal Gear 5 I think. It keeps crashing though...

Been meaning to ask this for a while -- any FFXIV players here?

I've been away from the game for ...oh gosh, about a year now, but I was wistfully looking at my PS4 the other day and imagining a time when I'll have enough free time to play again.

Not I. Subscription based game right? Might as well spend some time on it before school starts

Not I. Subscription based game right? Might as well spend some time on it before school starts

Yeah, subscription (but really worth it!! It's super fun).

The sad part is that I've been paying the subscription fee for the last year in the hopes I'd have time between work & night classes to play, and because it would take ~1 million hours to gear up my character again if I let my subscription lapse.

But hopefully will get to binge-play after I finish these last pre-reqs.

(Btw, if anyone wants to do a free trial at some point, I think I can invite people)

Get better computer

No the game is just a disgusting console port so it handles like ass.

Yeah, subscription (but really worth it!! It's super fun).

The sad part is that I've been paying the subscription fee for the last year in the hopes I'd have time between work & night classes to play, and because it would take ~1 million hours to gear up my character again if I let my subscription lapse.

But hopefully will get to binge-play after I finish these last pre-reqs.

(Btw, if anyone wants to do a free trial at some point, I think I can invite people)

May take you up on that. What are you gonna do about it in vet school though

I had a classmate who successfully managed his WoW addiction through vet school... much better time management than I for sure.

I started a 100% playthrough of FFX-2. I've already screwed something up so spending my evening replaying 3 hours of work. Need to make more save slots.

I had a classmate who successfully managed his WoW addiction through vet school... much better time management than I for sure.
Yeah but did he have any real life friends during that time? I think I could successfully manage my FFXIV addiction during vet school, but my husband would divorce me and my cat would leave me to try his luck on the streets

I've been meaning to do this since I got the remastered version. Have fun!

It's sort of annoying, because the guide I'm following shows my percent complete in decimals; the game does not. So I have to follow the guide up to the next full integer, and if it doesn't match then I've missed something and have to go back. So I have a whole ton of save slots, pretty much anytime I pass a sphere, I save a new slot.

It's sort of annoying, because the guide I'm following shows my percent complete in decimals; the game does not. So I have to follow the guide up to the next full integer, and if it doesn't match then I've missed something and have to go back. So I have a whole ton of save slots, pretty much anytime I pass a sphere, I save a new slot.
I guess just be thankful for save spots...? That's annoying though. Can you re-write over old ones once you've gotten past certain markers?

(Side note: does anyone else remember having to use physical save cards, or am I the oldest one here?)

Preordered Horizon Zero Dawn today! And wishing I had enough money for a Switch and BotW

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I guess just be thankful for save spots...? That's annoying though. Can you re-write over old ones once you've gotten past certain markers?

(Side note: does anyone else remember having to use physical save cards, or am I the oldest one here?)

Save cards aren't THAT old. Egg probably only one who doesn't know what those are.

Preordered Horizon Zero Dawn today! And wishing I had enough money for a Switch and BotW

I have the money and I still can't get a switch. Damn you pre-orders!

I will re-write over old saves when I've reached an integer percentage.

Yeah but did he have any real life friends during that time? I think I could successfully manage my FFXIV addiction during vet school, but my husband would divorce me and my cat would leave me to try his luck on the streets

He was not the most social person lol.

I have the money and I still can't get a switch. Damn you pre-orders!

I /almost/ preordered it the day you could buy then couldn't justify spending money on it. Moving, licenses, etc... very expense. Hopefully we can find them in a few months!!