OSU interview invite timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stirling

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to OSU as a non-resident student. This is my top school, so I would like to interview there first if possible. However, since I'm non-resident, I'm wondering if they would wait to invite me for an interview and give preference to Ohio residents. I understand that they have rolling admissions, so will they just extend invites as applications come in?

Members don't see this ad.

OSU is also my first choice, but I'm in state. Luckily for you, the admissions counselors at OSU told me that they don't give preference to in-state -- they want the best students no matter where they come from. I would apply early, and if your application is competitive, your chances are as good as any.

Current OSU student here - there is no preference given to in-state students, so definitely just apply early! The class that was just accepted was actually 50% out of state, which is the highest it has ever been. They are totally looking for the best students, not just Ohio residents :)
They do however really take the time to read all their applications and consider who they want to offer interviews to. I applied to 3 schools and heard from 2 of them in less than a week (I think because my OAT scores and GPA hit a certain benchmark), whereas OSU took a few weeks to get back to me. So don't be alarmed if its takes a little bit to hear. Then just schedule an interview as soon as you can. Good luck!

Hello! I have my osu interview in a couple of days.. i was wondering if you guys have any advice before my interview!