OSTC Dental- Bench Exam Prep Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cutesmileDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone trained at this institute that is in Toronto, Canada. I would appreciate if you have any advice (either for or against) attending a 2 week course at this institute.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Has anyone trained at this institute that is in Toronto, Canada. I would appreciate if you have any advice (either for or against) attending a 2 week course at this institute.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback Punjab bds. I am inclining towards the Duggans course and wanted to see what you guys thought before I finalized my plans.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't waste your time and money on this useless course. Duggan's course is the best and very helpful.

Don't waste your time and money on this useless course. Duggan's course is the best and very helpful.

hello happy2010,
can u pls tell me more about duggans course ,is that in toronto?i have heard about ostc course ,is this course good?

hello happy2010,
can u pls tell me more about duggans course ,is that in toronto?i have heard about ostc course ,is this course good?

can u pls tell me more about duggans course ,is that in toronto?i have heard about ostc course ,is this course good?[/QUOTE]

:love:
[/QUOTE]
Think so

Last edited:
absollute wastage of money,the dr training is a money minter...i would suggest go to naresh instead!
:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

hi thanks for reply
but naresh make u prepare for just clinical.
this ostc course is both for clinical n theory.
pls suggest me is the course worth for the theory classes. they ask 3200cdn$ for preparation of the fundamental exam for 24 sessions.pls some one advice me is that worth.

OSTC is established by experienced dentist who graduated from Canada and he went through this process himself and knows very well the conditions.The centre has best visual education equipment.If you can find the time to visit this centre you can easily find out the difference with other centers.

I am surprised there are people who were not happy with this course. Every person I know that attended it has been delighted; I found out about this course on SD forum, I have attended Dr Khurana's course (OSTC) and I've been very, very happy with this one: a wonderful teacher, very dedicated and broad knowledge, friendly approach; he also works as a dentist in Canada (not only an instructor), therefore knows the system very well...I strongly recomend it to everyone;You won't regret it, believe me! I'm a very picky person and I always know what I pay for...... I will definitely get back there if I fail clinical skills exam

I am surprised there are people who were not happy with this course. Every person I know that attended it has been delighted; I found out about this course on SD forum, I have attended Dr Khurana's course (OSTC) and I've been very, very happy with this one: a wonderful teacher, very dedicated and broad knowledge, friendly approach; he also works as a dentist in Canada (not only an instructor), therefore knows the system very well...I strongly recomend it to everyone;You won't regret it, believe me! I'm a very picky person and I always know what I pay for...... I will definitely get back there if I fail clinical skills exam

hey what about the preparatory course for the fundamental assesment exam?hows the theory course?

to be onest, I have no idea about FK course...I have attended only clinical skills course

absollute wastage of money,the dr training is a money minter...i would suggest go to naresh instead!
:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Hey, could you please give me the contact details of Dr. Naresh? Where is he located and how much does he charge?
i'll be very grateful if you could share this info..

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any prep course available in Charlotte area, NC? Pls do write up if so.

Thanks.

:rolleyes:

Hey, could you please give me the contact details of Dr. Naresh? Where is he located and how much does he charge?
i'll be very grateful if you could share this info..[/QUOTE]
Get your info right....Naresh is NOT a Doctor.He employs Dentists as teachers at his training institute.Both the places are good.One has to decide which one taking into consideration the time and money constraint.I took the course at Dr.Khurana's...NO complaints.He is really good.Very approachable and knowledgeble. I am going to go back to him for practice.And this I am telling after having to stay away from Dentistry for more than 5 yrs.In the 11 day course he brought me back to full form.Cheers

i'll be very grateful if you could share this info..
Get your info right....Naresh is NOT a Doctor.He employs Dentists as teachers at his training institute.Both the places are good.One has to decide which one taking into consideration the time and money constraint.I took the course at Dr.Khurana's...NO complaints.He is really good.Very approachable and knowledgeble. I am going to go back to him for practice.And this I am telling after having to stay away from Dentistry for more than 5 yrs.In the 11 day course he brought me back to full form.Cheers[/QUOTE]

Naresh is a douche.. don't go to him... he will take your money and not give you receipts and will also not open the rooms where you practice on time.... he gives you the run around if you want receipts for your money.... make sure you get your receipt when you pay..his usual excuse is that his printer is not working - he owns a printing shop by the way ....

Get your info right....Naresh is NOT a Doctor.He employs Dentists as teachers at his training institute.Both the places are good.One has to decide which one taking into consideration the time and money constraint.I took the course at Dr.Khurana's...NO complaints.He is really good.Very approachable and knowledgeble. I am going to go back to him for practice.And this I am telling after having to stay away from Dentistry for more than 5 yrs.In the 11 day course he brought me back to full form.Cheers

Naresh is a douche.. don't go to him... he will take your money and not give you receipts and will also not open the rooms where you practice on time.... he gives you the run around if you want receipts for your money.... make sure you get your receipt when you pay..his usual excuse is that his printer is not working - he owns a printing shop by the way ....

by the way if he tries to sell you a dental unit for $1500, don't get it from him... he actually gets it for $400 from a chinese supplier ... you can contact them directly here - http://www.dynamicgroup.cn/pro-dtl.asp?id=pdr&idtree=OFF0OFF4OFF11OFF46OFF

Last edited:
Has any one attended any course in university of Toronto? The NDEB clinical skills one? Which one is better? Skills at OSTC or UoT ? Please guide:scared:

Never attend OSTC course for bench test preparation

Guys today was my last day at the course and let me tell you my 3200 dollars have all gone into drain.
1)The batch is of 24 students but there are over 50 students just for practise and there are only 2 ppl who check our work. One is Dr khurana and a dentist named Laura. So we hardly get 5 min a day with him as he leaves by 7 30-8 and 5hrs are of lecture and demo.
2) the course timing is 10 30 but Dr khurana never comes before 11 30. And he starts at around 12. He teaches less of practical work and more of theory. His lectures are of 2 to 3 hrs.
3) He gives demos outside of mouth on a tray so we never know about inclinations and position. We asked him to teach us outside and he just gave us handouts saying read and do it.
4) Very money minded people. They sell a tooth for 2.5 dollars. Plus the instruments they give during the course are all non standardized. If you want to buy loupes when you attend the course you only can buy from univet which are around 1600 dollars plus taxes. No other guys are involved in the building. So buy loupes before hand.
5) He takes 4 hrs for a restoration. and its like the whole day we just sit and watch what is he doing and listen to the lecture. I travelled from scarborough and i took 2 30 hrs to reach so 5 hrs a day and so i could get very less practice.
6) he is very inclined to punjabis and so if you are not one pls think once before attending.
7)If your work is not good dont attend coz he ignores people who does not have good work.
8) And i being a US student i had asked him to teach me onlays and 3/4th crown and he just told us how to do it in 15 min. No demos. And he wasted my 2 days just for that 15 mins which i would have seen through you tube.

I dont know about other courses but if you are planning to attend this course pls dont. You are wasting your money. You tube is much better.

Dhaval

Hey Dhaval, not sure what has made you feel that way, believe we all were appreciative of the procedures that we learnt.

I tend to completely differ from you on your comments about his inclination towards any particular ethnic group; I think he always maintains a balanced stance with all his students.

I could probably understand your frustration on the live demo for onlay just for yourself. However, your timing for that individual request was not appropriate, considering that he was extremely busy with 50 other students preparing for NDEB…

Most importantly we should not over look the fact that OSTC has the highest acceptance rate of students in all the dental schools across Canada.
I would say please consider talking to Dr. K to help you with your individual needs and wishing you all the very best…

Hey Dhaval, not sure what has made you feel that way, believe we all were appreciative of the procedures that we learnt.

I tend to completely differ from you on your comments about his inclination towards any particular ethnic group; I think he always maintains a balanced stance with all his students.

I could probably understand your frustration on the live demo for onlay just for yourself. However, your timing for that individual request was not appropriate, considering that he was extremely busy with 50 other students preparing for NDEB…

Most importantly we should not over look the fact that OSTC has the highest acceptance rate of students in all the dental schools across Canada.
I would say please consider talking to Dr. K to help you with your individual needs and wishing you all the very best…

if he was busy then he shouldn't have conducted the course in the first place.. and higher acceptance because of the efforts the students put in there not Dr K. only 10 minutes a day to check preps of students?? are u kidding me?? And pls let others know the truth.. so they don't waste there money on the course

I had the worst experience with OSTC dental. This guy Dr K is money minded . He is interested only to take the fees from you. Once payment part is done, he is least dedicated towards the classes and practice sessions. Though this is a practical exam, he spoils our time by engaging in taking useless lectures. In fact, Dr K is never available to provide any guidance to the students. No instructors are there except for a lady. Even she is quite reluctant to share the knowledge with others. You may receive a sarcastic answer for many of your genuine queries.Dr K is totally ignorant about the exam protocol and procedures. The guidance I received from there is quite inadequate and misleading. Many of the people who migrate from different countries wasted their hard earned money at OSTC. Never try this place for Canadian NDEB exams.

Hi I am looking for preparatory courses for han's on training for the Bench Test in SAN JOSE Ca, is there anyone who knows about it Please let me know, Thanks

hi guys,just an update on this new centre,very professional and reputable teachers espl dr.walia,they have started already but clinical courses starting in jan2014 very limited to few students,he has tons of experience in clinical skills training and most of his candidates have excelled in bench exams without even publicizing their names.very diligent on his training.if you are planning any clinical skill training for any bench exam anywhere,do meet him in person before making your decision.beleive me wont regert....except if says no as his classes size are very small and very personalized as per your skill levels.check their profile at tccds.com and dentistry profile at westmetrodental.com
yes!! i am a big fan of their philosophy and could never be a great dentist without his mentorship,hence sharing this invaluable info with like minded peers!!!!stay tuned..... have grt holidays and happy new year2014 filled with grand success..

Are you an employee of this center? you are advertising for this on multiple threads, and in your previous posts you mentioned 'we are organizing sessions'.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm enrolled for the AFK Mock exam at tccds will I see you there? I have like there tccds facbook page so maybe we can be friends.

Hi I am looking for preparatory courses for han's on training for the Bench Test in SAN JOSE Ca, is there anyone who knows about it Please let me know, Thanks
There is a course in Newport Beach California from February 11- 28 2014 with Dr Duggan. PM me if you need more information

Has anyone taken coaching for US Bench Test from TCCDS or DSTC in Canada? Can anyone help me as to which one is better? There is a lot of difference between their charges, so I am confused as to why so much difference. DSTC charges 3500$ and TCCDS 1500$. Please help.