Optometry Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

satyasmile

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I've finished applying to optometry schools and today I am making my final decision on an optometry school (exciting!!). I've been searching the past few days for available scholarships for first year students, grants, or loan forgiveness programs. I would love to know if any one has any tips, or has participated in any programs that would be worthwhile to pursue. Thanks for all your help and nice to meet all of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Best resource is the financial aid office of the optometry school you are accepting into.

Also, while in school you will be eligible for merit based scholarships. Throughout Optometry school, there are different companies and associations that offer scholarships to students based on various criteria (i.e. essays, videos, etc...) so you'll have a chance for additional money that way. Congrats on optometry school!

Members don't see this ad :)
^Usually that information is supplied to the financial aid office or any student resource center at the college.

The Army has a 100% tuition paid scholarship that also pays you a stipend of over 2200 per month while in Optometry school. The trick it is only a three year so you have to apply your first year of Grad school. Let me know if you want any more info!