Optho chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Docbel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a decent chance if you work the connections hard and shine on aways. Depending on your institution. The only thing I would say is make sure Step 2 is awesome. And lower your standards to "I just wanna match", instead of "solid training and good fit". That's a tall order. There are very few training programs that are truly terrible or on probation. But there are many programs that don't have everything and each program in the low middle tier range has its strengths and weaknesses more so than those in upper middle range. I'm not saying a 230 is bad, but you're right it's below average by about 13-14 points and below 1 SD from the mean for the most part, so some programs will use it as an opportunity to weed you out even after you interview even they don't think you are the best thing since slice bread. So Lower your standards and then if you match to an upper-middle tier or top program you will be pleasantly surprised.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You can if it is of interest to you. However, your role in that type of trip may be limited if it is mostly surgically focused. If it's more about fitting glasses or treating non surgical issues I think it's more worthwhile at your level.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile