Opinions on my PAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

13th

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!!
This is the first time I'm posting on SDN, even though I've had this account for some time now! I just would like to hear your opinion on my PAT score and whether or not I'd be competitive for schools such as: Tufts,BU, NYU, Texas A&M, UTSD Houston, San Antonio, and Upenn. Of course I plan on applying more broadly, but these are the schools I care the most about. I am a Biology major, with a 4.00 GPA thus far as I am a rising junior, and a Texas resident. My breakdown is as follows:

Academic average: 22
Total Science: 23
Biology: 22
General Chemistry: 22
Organic Chemistry: 25
Reading Comprehension: 22
Quantitative Reasoning: 21
Perceptual Ability: 18 :)whistle:)

Let me know what you think!

P.S. I'm also not a troll o_O I'm genuinely scared that the PAT might hold me back!

Members don't see this ad.

Your scores are solid so don't sweat it. Any advice for future test takers, particularly for the sciences? what resources did you use?

Reactions: 1 user
Your scores are solid so don't sweat it. Any advice for future test takers, particularly for the sciences? what resources did you use?

Thank you!!
Bio: Cliffs, Feralis notes, Bootcamp: averaged a 22-23, and Destroyer 2017
Gen chem: Chads, Bootcamp: averaged a 23, and Destroyer
Ochem: same as gen chem; average on BC: 22-23
QR: I used Math Destroyer to get used to the difficult problems, and BC for timing average: 19-20
RC: BC all the way; averaged a 19 or so. I also did the free practice test on DAT Genius
PAT: used BC,but I was stupid and just didn't practice enough:dead: I averaged around 18-19

I think you'll be a competitive candidate at all of the schools you listed, your GPA + DAT combination is excellent. Do not worry about the PAT score, I don't believe its individual score is weighed as heavily as the other subjects - it's looked at more of a threshold.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!!
Bio: Cliffs, Feralis notes, Bootcamp: averaged a 22-23, and Destroyer 2017
Gen chem: Chads, Bootcamp: averaged a 23, and Destroyer
Ochem: same as gen chem; average on BC: 22-23
QR: I used Math Destroyer to get used to the difficult problems, and BC for timing average: 19-20
RC: BC all the way; averaged a 19 or so. I also did the free practice test on DAT Genius
PAT: used BC,but I was stupid and just didn't practice enough:dead: I averaged around 18-19
Thank you for the info & best of luck in your interviews!

Hi everyone!!!
This is the first time I'm posting on SDN, even though I've had this account for some time now! I just would like to hear your opinion on my PAT score and whether or not I'd be competitive for schools such as: Tufts,BU, NYU, Texas A&M, UTSD Houston, San Antonio, and Upenn. Of course I plan on applying more broadly, but these are the schools I care the most about. I am a Biology major, with a 4.00 GPA thus far as I am a rising junior, and a Texas resident. My breakdown is as follows:

Academic average: 22
Total Science: 23
Biology: 22
General Chemistry: 22
Organic Chemistry: 25
Reading Comprehension: 22
Quantitative Reasoning: 21
Perceptual Ability: 18 :)whistle:)

Let me know what you think!

P.S. I'm also not a troll o_O I'm genuinely scared that the PAT might hold me back!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Congratulations! Wow DAT Beast Destroyed. With a 4.0 GPA and these DAT Scores you will receive many interviews. I would not worry at all about your PAT score.

Wishing you the best..

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

I think you'll be a competitive candidate at all of the schools you listed, your GPA + DAT combination is excellent. Do not worry about the PAT score, I don't believe its individual score is weighed as heavily as the other subjects - it's looked at more of a threshold.

Thank you! Your notes were extremely useful by the way!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Congratulations! Wow DAT Beast Destroyed. With a 4.0 GPA and these DAT Scores you will receive many interviews. I would not worry at all about your PAT score.

Wishing you the best..

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy
Thank you so much! DAT and MATH Destroyer were a huge help!