Only took COMLEX I and II...would a low Step II still look better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PediatricMan

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My COMLEX I is a 480 and still waiting on level II to come back. My average NBMEs is around 207 with 209 being my most recent. I really wanted to take Step 2 to make up for not taking Step 1 but now I'm starting to think that I'm better off not risking failing Step 2 or scoring low. If I do end up taking it and pass within the 207-15 range, would it help or hurt my application? I want to do Pediatrics fyi.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

My COMLEX I is a 480 and still waiting on level II to come back. My average NBMEs is around 207 with 209 being my most recent. I really wanted to take Step 2 to make up for not taking Step 1 but now I'm starting to think that I'm better off not risking failing Step 2 or scoring low. If I do end up taking it and pass within the 207-15 range, would it help or hurt my application? I want to do Pediatrics fyi.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
That would hurt your application. You should only take step 2 if you can hit it out of the park.