Online Undergraduate Detrimental in AUD Application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hunwehol

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am a senior in Arizona State's Online Religious Studies program and will be graduating this spring. I currently have a 3.96 GPA and am fairly confident in my ability to attain a 305+ combined score on my GRE. My father is an Audiologist in the VA system and loves his job; I have shadowed him and really believe that my personality and talents fit Audiology very well.

My major concern, as I begin the application process, is whether my online degree will be viewed as a problem in terms of admittance and funding. I am quite confident in the quality of my education and ASU is hardly a poor online university (#11 in the nation according to U.S. News and World Report). I also believe the fact that I have worked 24-40 hours a week all through my university education and the time-management that has been necessary for such an arrangement especially suits me for a graduate school atmosphere.

What do you think, however? Is the venue of my degree going to severely impact my chances? Does a Religious Studies degree severely impact my chances?
Thank you all for your valuable time!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone!

I am a senior in Arizona State's Online Religious Studies program and will be graduating this spring. I currently have a 3.96 GPA and am fairly confident in my ability to attain a 305+ combined score on my GRE. My father is an Audiologist in the VA system and loves his job; I have shadowed him and really believe that my personality and talents fit Audiology very well.

My major concern, as I begin the application process, is whether my online degree will be viewed as a problem in terms of admittance and funding. I am quite confident in the quality of my education and ASU is hardly a poor online university (#11 in the nation according to U.S. News and World Report). I also believe the fact that I have worked 24-40 hours a week all through my university education and the time-management that has been necessary for such an arrangement especially suits me for a graduate school atmosphere.

What do you think, however? Is the venue of my degree going to severely impact my chances? Does a Religious Studies degree severely impact my chances?
Thank you all for your valuable time!

It's been a while since you posted it. But as a student with an atypical undergraduate degree myself, I think the content of your coursework may hurt more than the actual format you completed it in. Did you take any hard sciences? Did you have any labs, or were any of your courses communication sciences based? Is the university nationally accredited or regionally accredited? In terms of many programs I applied to there were some that had pre-requisite requirements for the sciences, and others that do not. It will depend on where you apply. In addition, many have 2-3 speech science pre-requisite courses that if you have not completed would require that you complete them concurrently during your graduate courseload. Overall, do you have a chance at getting in somewhere, I would think so, but you'll have to do some digging on which universities you qualify for. The entry requirements are still quite variable compared to optometry, DO/MD, etc. Each school has it's own set of expectations.