Online MedEd vs. Firecracker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cj_cregg

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Onlinemeded is way better imo and really makes you look good on rotations

Reactions: 1 user
Don't remember pricing. I only paid for one month so I could download the notes forever ago. The notes were awesome

Members don't see this ad :)
I use Firecracker for flashcards but I watch the OME videos. I got an email from OME today saying you can get a month trial for $9.99 if you want to try it out.

They have it so you can only download 30 files per month though, probably so you don't download it all and end the subscription after one month.

I use Firecracker for flashcards but I watch the OME videos. I got an email from OME today saying you can get a month trial for $9.99 if you want to try it out.

They have it so you can only download 30 files per month though, probably so you don't download it all and end the subscription after one month.
Any idea how many files there are?

Any idea how many files there are?
Unfortunately, no. I've never subscribed. I know every lecture has a .pdf of notes but I don't know what other files are on there for download or if you can download their flashcards.

I watched/listened to onlinemeded without the notes while commuting, uworld questions on down time, and would just read a lot of uptodate. Was plenty of information for the test. Maybe review some ethics/stats/biosafety stuff too

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Would be cool to have notes & such for MedEd, but $70/month is tough for me, personally.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If you can't afford and/or don't want to spend the $70/month, I highly recommend the $25 Quick Tables book from OnlineMedEd. I have access to the notes and rarely use them (I prefer to make my own), but the quick tables are golden for a quick review pre-exam.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm in my first year of med school and have been using firecracker. Here's a discount code if you're thinking of joining!
Interested in picking up Firecracker for your board prep? Get a discount when you use my share link! http://mbsy.co/gGJz8

Would be cool to have notes & such for MedEd, but $70/month is tough for me, personally.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If you can't afford and/or don't want to spend the $70/month, I highly recommend the $25 Quick Tables book from OnlineMedEd. I have access to the notes and rarely use them (I prefer to make my own), but the quick tables are golden for a quick review pre-exam.

Pay $70 once, print all the notes, end subscription

Edit: didn't read the whole thread. They didn't have a download cap back when I used OME. Weak sauce

@cj_cregg --

I will probably be experimenting with both OnlineMedEd and FC during the first few months of clerkships, as I still have some time left on my FC account. Will let you know what I think after I take the first shelf in a few weeks.

-Bill

Reactions: 1 users
Onlinemeded is way better imo and really makes you look good on rotations

OME = quick and dirty run down of things and a change of pace from reading. Firecracker = lots of knowledge. I did both during my rotations and it was always the stuff I pulled from firecracker that made me look good and get the "Im surprised you knew that"