Online GMAT Prep from The Princeton Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TPROnline

Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Test Prep Week. Please find info below on our Prep Options, Raffle and Mailing List.

Work experience and a high GPA are not enough. If you want to be accepted to a competitive business school, you need an exceptional GMAT score.
  • Average acceptance rate at a top 5 business school: 17%
  • Average GMAT score: 705
  • Average increase in salary after earning an MBA: 41%
  • WHAT YOU KNOW CAN BE IMPROVED BY WHO YOU KNOW
    To get a great score on the GMAT you need a test preparation coach that’s thorough and demanding with a ton of experience – like the GMAT itself. Over the past 25 years, The Princeton Review has developed a number of standardized test taking strategies and techniques proven to help students improve their scores and ultimately get them into the business school of their choice. Make an informed decision – your score deserves as much. You don’t believe us?
    · 700 - the average GMAT score for the top quarter of Princeton Review students.
    · 90 Points - the average GMAT score increase achieved by Princeton Review students
    In addition, if you take our course and aren't happy with your score, you can take our entire course again for free. That's our guarantee. If you still don’t believe us? Then put our GMAT course up against the competition.
Our GMAT Test Preparation Options Include:

1. GMAT Online Private Tutoring
Work with a GMAT expert from the comfort and privacy of your dorm room, your home or your favorite coffee shop. Prep how and where you want it. 18 hours of one-on-one instruction based on YOUR strengths and weaknesses.

2. GMAT LiveOnline
8 hours of real-time instruction in our state of the art online classroom, with a Princeton Review instructor and other students, supplemented by 40 hours of multimedia lesson content and interactive quizzes and drills. Who said you were too busy to take a comprehensive prep course for the GMAT?

3. GMAT Online
Busy? We thought so. Which is why we built an award-winning, entirely self-paced, comprehensive GMAT course. Did we mention that you can complete it from any computer with an internet connection…anywhere in the world? Sweet…

RAFFLE: The Princeton Review will be giving away a GMAT Online course ($599 value!) to a lucky user. Anyone who posts a question or helpful comment in this thread will be eligible for the drawing. Winners will be required to disclose their home address to SDN for prize shipping but this information will not be shared with any third party, including this company.

SPECIAL BONUS:Get to Know the GMAT – Easy as 1-2-3
1. Click - Take a free Princeton Review practice GMAT
2. Get a detailed score report and print it out
3. Call a Princeton Review expert instructor/counselor to discuss your results

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST!
Interested in receiving more information from The Princeton Review? Want to learn more about our courses & programs, free events and business school admissions updates? Just click here to submit your contact information and you will be well on your way to the graduate school of your dreams! For information on our Privacy Policy, click here.

ENROLL NOW:

<FONT face=Arial>Give us a call at 800.2REVIEW<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial> (

Members don't see this ad.

I am considering applying for MD/MBA programs in the near future. As such, I would like to get my GMAT scores in ASAP since I am currently awaiting the results of the MD program applications.

How long does the average student take to complete the online course?

Is there any evidence that those who rush through the online course improve considerably less than those who take their time?

Thank you for your time!

I am considering applying for MD/MBA programs in the near future. As such, I would like to get my GMAT scores in ASAP since I am currently awaiting the results of the MD program applications.

How long does the average student take to complete the online course?

Is there any evidence that those who rush through the online course improve considerably less than those who take their time?

Thank you for your time!

Hi there,

Generally, our students take between 50 and 60 hours to complete the comprehensive Online course. I usually recommend that you take between 3 and 4 weeks to complete the course at minimum, because it's tough to fit in 50 hours of work in less than that amount of time.

I don't have specific data on how students who complete the course over 5 weeks do vs. students who complete the course in 3 weeks. However, if you can commit spending 10-15 hours a week with your course over the next three weeks, you can significantly improve your scores over what they would have been, had you not prepped at all, or done a shortened course (i.e. our ExpressOnline course).

Please let me know if you have any further questions, as I'd be happy to help.

Andrea @ TPR Online

Members don't see this ad :)
In the GMAT Test preparation options (copied and pasted below), are the 3 options
1. GMAT Online Private Tutoring
2. GMAT LiveOnline
3. GMAT Online
inclusive in the prize or are they exclusive and we pick one of the three?

Also, do you have any data on whether students going into a specific program like MD/MBA or MS. Information systems or MS. in Accounting do better in a specific kind of preparation course? (i.e. one on one private tutorting versus classroom or online tutoring?)

P.S.: You have a the most formatted post advertising your prize!
and the competition link leads to a page that says "you need to log in to view this page"

Last edited:
I'd like to hear any info one might have on those MD/MBA stats, as well.

Also, I'm wondering if students exhibit a wide range of practice exam scores (as many do with regards to the MCAT) or if one could expect to score reasonably close to their practice exams.

"Also, I'm wondering if students exhibit a wide range of practice exam scores (as many do with regards to the MCAT) or if one could expect to score reasonably close to their practice exams."

The practice tests are a good representation of what you will see on the real thing (question difficulty, how it adapts to your performance, mix of topics, scoring etc). So in most cases your last practice test is a good predictor of your score on test day. But like anything, your performance may vary on test day.

Status
Not open for further replies.