One week left.. any tips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lolo390

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys!!

So I have one more week until my DAT and am coming down to the main portion of just straight up studying/memorization/practicing.

For Bio: what should i really focus on right now? I took detailed notes from both cliffs and destroyer should I focus more on all my destroyer notes or re-read all of cliffs? Prettty much, if you could go back and look over a biology resource what would it be?

For GC: should I focus primarily on bootcamp or destroyer in terms of problems likely to be asked?

For OC: same as GC.

For QR: should i work through all of the destroyer QR section or is going over Math destroyer/bootcamp good enough for now?

I know you can't tell me "how to study," but it would be nice to hear what you would have done differently while studying!

Members don't see this ad.

practice more DAT destroyer questions, everyday. do all your full length practice exams. DO not look at anything the day of the exam, its not going to help, except maybe some PAT generations. DO not sit in the parking lot reading bio notes. DO eat a good meal before your exam (depending on the time). DO bring snacks (I like apple sauce and cheezits/goldfish), hydrate during your break. use it to your advantage. PAT and SNS is the hard part, RC and QR is the last lap and youre done afterwards! good luck

If you have trouble with the QR comparison, do the bootcamp comparison specific test sometime this week. I went through like 50 a couple days before my actual

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys!!

So I have one more week until my DAT and am coming down to the main portion of just straight up studying/memorization/practicing.

For Bio: what should i really focus on right now? I took detailed notes from both cliffs and destroyer should I focus more on all my destroyer notes or re-read all of cliffs? Prettty much, if you could go back and look over a biology resource what would it be?

For GC: should I focus primarily on bootcamp or destroyer in terms of problems likely to be asked?

For QR: should i work through all of the destroyer QR section or is going over Math destroyer/bootcamp good enough for now?

I know you can't tell me "how to study," but it would be nice to hear what you would have done differently while studying!

Ideally, you should be reviewing your notes (which should include additional material from questions you previously got wrong in practice resources). Compressing the material that way makes review in a week more manageable. Have you previously used Destroyer/Bootcamp or will this be your first time going through those resources?

I have been using Destroyer/Bootcamp for 2 months now! But have been mainly focusing on bootcamp lately for practice exams and stuff. I'm just wondering if it would be beneficial to try to go through destroyer once more/through all bootcamp practice exams. I find myself spending a lot of time trying to learn from the practice exams that I feel like I haven't gone over my overall notes in a while and its stressing me out. Idk if that makes sense but pretty much I have so many notes i've taken when I first started studying that I haven't even had time to refer back in their entirety...and theres only 6 days left!! So trying to find ways to maximize the time I have.

going through destroyer will definitely help a lot in the time you have left. Have you already done all of the bootcamp full length exams?? I would make sure you do all of those. Have you done the 2007/09 exams and any others? touch up on your notes, especially in areas you think you might be weak in

going through destroyer will definitely help a lot in the time you have left. Have you already done all of the bootcamp full length exams?? I would make sure you do all of those. Have you done the 2007/09 exams and any others? touch up on your notes, especially in areas you think you might be weak in

I have one more full length on bootcamp and 2007/2009 still to do. Was gonna have those finished by Wednesday... test on Saturday! Do you think that is okay?

I have one more full length on bootcamp and 2007/2009 still to do. Was gonna have those finished by Wednesday... test on Saturday! Do you think that is okay?
perfect!. friday should be a rest day, do a LIL pat and read some SA articles. watch a short movie, maybe get psyched for GoT. how have you been doing on the bootcamp exams?

perfect!. friday should be a rest day, do a LIL pat and read some SA articles. watch a short movie, maybe get psyched for GoT. how have you been doing on the bootcamp exams?

BIO: 20-22
GC: 19-20
OC: 19-21
PAT: 19-20
RC: 17-20
QR: 17-18

(Not that great, I'm freaking out)... do you think these scores aren't good enough less than a week before the exam?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Guys!!

For the last week before the DAT, I took a full length practice exam every day, and then reviewed the content areas of what I got wrong. Tests you should take are 2007 , 2009 old real dat, or dat bootcamp exams. If you have extra time on a given day, review dat destroyer topics because they are high yield.

For the last week before the DAT, I took a full length practice exam every day, and then reviewed the content areas of what I got wrong. Tests you should take are 2007 , 2009 old real dat, or dat bootcamp exams. If you have extra time on a given day, review dat destroyer topics because they are high yield.

Thanks!! So I have gone through 4 of the BC and am currently reviewing everything before taking the 5th, 2007, and 2009 (Mon, Tues, Wed - exam Saturday). While i'm reviewing i'm going through my notes mainly on spots i'm weak on... and im wondering if it would be more beneficial to review spots i'm weak on with destroyer instead of my old notes??

BIO: 20-22
GC: 19-20
OC: 19-21
PAT: 19-20
RC: 17-20
QR: 17-18

(Not that great, I'm freaking out)... do you think these scores aren't good enough less than a week before the exam?
I think these scores are pretty good overall. For qr, use the extra bootcamp qr exams to work on your TIMING. this is key for this section. Again, use other free time to pound the DAT destroyer, especially areas you're weak on. probably do that instead of peeling over old notes. practicing questions is the best way to prepare for the exam

keep working hard, you're almost there!!!!

Reactions: 1 user