One-Stop Shop for Podiatry Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pacpod

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is a sticky based on the "School grade and MCAT ranges" thread but a little more all encompassing. I'm still waiting on a few more okays and permissions to use some information but I will add that in as I am given permission to do so, so keep checking back!

I want this to be a one-stop shop for pertinent websites for podiatric medical schools. I welcome your input for what else you would like included on this sticky.

Application Process

The American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine (AACPM) - This contains information on the application process, and FAQs.

The Podiatric Medical School Application Service (AACPMAS) - This is the site to begin/continue your application to podiatric medical school.

The Schools

Arizona School of Podiatric Medicine at Midwestern University (AZPod) - Tuition and Billing (Under the Glendale Heading)

Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine - Tuition and Billing

California School of Podiatric Medicine - Samuel Merritt University - Tuition and Billing

College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at Des Moines University - Tuition and Billing

Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine - Tuition and Billing, Page 13 of the Viewbook

New York College of Podiatric Medicine - Tuition and Billing

Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science - Tuition and Billing

Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine - Tuition and Billing

Western University of Health Sciences, College of Podiatric Medicine - Tuition and Billing

School Breakdowns and Information

The Podiatric Medical College Information Book (Fall 2013-Fall 2014)

View attachment Podiatry Matriculant Statistics 2011 as per heybrother.xls

View attachment Podiatry School Break Down 2012 as per Pktgresch.xlsx

General Information on Podiatry

What is Podiatric Medicine?

The American Podiatric Medical Society (APMA)

The Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME)

FAQs on Podiatry and the Curriculum

View attachment State Ankle Provisions.pdf

Career Profiles on Podiatrists

Podiatry in the Air Force

Podiatry in the Army

Podiatry in the Navy

Looking Ahead

Centralized Application Service for Podiatric Residencies (CASPR) - List of Residency Programs Current for the Graduating Class of 2013

ACFAS Recognized Fellowships

CPME Recognized Fellowships

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
This is great man, thanks for taking the time to do this.

lol at the CPME's picture of Temple.... I don't know about you guys, but that Temple and the one I interviewed at were a bit different....:laugh: nice try though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Updated for tuition and billing. :)

Next to the link to each school, the words "Tuition and Billing" have been hyperlinked to each school's most recent estimate of tuition, fees, etc. Many of these pages also contain links for available scholarships. I hope this helps!

Please feel free to PM me with any ideas for additions to the list. I want to make this a helpful tool for the pre-pods and I'm an old third year student and don't quite remember everything I wanted to know when I was applying. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
As the next application cycle is getting ready to launch, I've decided to take another look at this sticky. I'd like to hear from the members that used this thread. Let me know what you liked and what you didn't like. How can we better gear this to give you the most of what you need in one spot? Send me a PM if there is anything you would like to add/take away from the sticky. Thanks!

Here is a sticky based on the "School grade and MCAT ranges" thread but a little more all encompassing. I'm still waiting on a few more okays and permissions to use some information but I will add that in as I am given permission to do so, so keep checking back!

I want this to be a one-stop shop for pertinent websites for podiatric medical schools. I welcome your input for what else you would like included on this sticky.

Application Process

The American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine (AACPM) - This contains information on the application process, and FAQs.

The Podiatric Medical School Application Service (AACPMAS) - This is the site to begin/continue your application to podiatric medical school.

The Schools

Arizona School of Podiatric Medicine at Midwestern University (AZPod) - Tuition and Billing (Under the Glendale Heading)

California School of Podiatric Medicine - Samuel Merritt University - Tuition and Billing

College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at Des Moines University - Tuition and Billing

Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine - Tuition and Billing, Page 13 of the Viewbook

Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science - Tuition and Billing

Western University of Health Sciences, College of Podiatric Medicine - Tuition and Billing

View attachment 21884

View attachment 21886

View attachment 21896

Podiatry in the Army

Podiatry in the Navy

Looking Ahead

Centralized Application Service for Podiatric Residencies (CASPR) - List of Residency Programs Current for the Graduating Class of 2013

based on this it looks like AzPod is the hardest one of all to get in. Correct me if I'm wrong?

I know of some individuals that were accepted to AZPOD and rejected from other programs.

Application Process

The Schools

View attachment 21884

View attachment 21886

View attachment 21896

Podiatry in the Army

Podiatry in the Navy

Looking Ahead

This is fantastic! Thanks so much. :)

Whomever you are that has taken the time and research to put all of this together, let me just say that I am very grateful for putting all of this information in one place. I have some difficulty locating and getting this information. I can research well, but to do what you have done is commendable. Thanks

I've been away for a little while. Please excuse my absenteeism. The individual who wrote this is amazing. Much respect for your thoroughly thought out methodology. I'm getting much from this. Thanks for your informative page.

Regards,

S

@pacpod @SLCpod

Would you consider making a "School Specific Discussions" thread under Pre-pods, similar to the md/do/dds forums?
It might help future applicants to ask ques/share info/discuss about a specific program as they go through a new cycle.
Just a thought. Thanks.

Last edited:
There is already a thread to discuss each school which is "Questions and Answers about Podiatric Medical Schools." There are also many threads about each school throughout the pre-pod forum.