Old MCAT Scores on AMCAS Test Reports

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beaucoup

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will all of my previous MCAT scores appear on the AMCAS MCAT report regardless of when it was taken?

I know many schools only take MCAT scores within the past 3 years anyway, but would they still be able to see scores of exams taken 3+ years ago?

I searched the aamc site but it only led me to a pdf of survey responses about which schools are accepted the new scores vs. old scores.

Members don't see this ad.

From AAMC:

"Starting with the April 2003 test, the AAMC follows a full disclosure policy. This means all tests from April 2003 will be included in your report. All of your scores are automatically included in your AMCAS application."

so i took a jan 10 2015 mcat and thats the old one but aacomas lets me only add scores according to the new one?

Will all of my previous MCAT scores appear on the AMCAS MCAT report regardless of when it was taken?

I know many schools only take MCAT scores within the past 3 years anyway, but would they still be able to see scores of exams taken 3+ years ago?

I searched the aamc site but it only led me to a pdf of survey responses about which schools are accepted the new scores vs. old scores.
All scores are reported. Medical school admissions committees are encouraged to focus on the new score; say an old score of a 26, then an applicant retook and got a 515. The medical schools are suggested to focus MORE on the 515. But that doesn't mean that 26 is completely erased from their minds. They will see all scores and judge as they wish to...