Oklahoma State University (OSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just checkin in... how is everyone doing? Any further communications or updates?

I'm good! I have not heard anything. It would be nice to know the details about next Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received email with schedule for Admitted Students day.

Reactions: 1 user
Can not believe I am typing this but, accepted. Was called Tuesday.
OOS Tejas. :banana:

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can not believe I am typing this but, accepted. Was called Tuesday.
OOS Tejas. :banana:
Congrats! Hopefully I'll meet you Saturday. I've never met someone from Tejas!

Asking for a friend, so if this has already been addressed I apologize for not reading through the posts. Does anyone know when the acceptance committee meets?

Yeah I was there Today! (Competitve powerlifter)

I was there. I don't know that I met either of you though! Which is a bummer considering I have talked to both of you before.

I think I did talk to you but didn't realize until after. I am very ready to start.

How was it today guys? Wish I could have been there, was the new building finished yet?

It went awesome. The new building is almost finished. They are hoping to have the next Admitted Student Day in the new building. Great turnout. I doubt they are done with interviews.

Is the admitted student day for people who have turned in their deposit and are FOR SURE going to OSU next year? Or is it for people who've been admitted, turned in their deposit, and are still considering other med schools?

Is the admitted student day for people who have turned in their deposit and are FOR SURE going to OSU next year? Or is it for people who've been admitted, turned in their deposit, and are still considering other med schools?

yes

Both

Hello guys, so I'm considering living at Westport and was planning on checking them out this weekend during accepted student day. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend due to work and I'm oos. Can anyone familiar with Westport, give me their input on the apartments?

Are the savings in rent worth the experience of living at Westport as opposed to Nickel Creek?

Hello guys, so I'm considering living at Westport and was planning on checking them out this weekend during accepted student day. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend due to work and I'm oos. Can anyone familiar with Westport, give me their input on the apartments?

Are the savings in rent worth the experience of living at Westport as opposed to Nickel Creek?
I'm living at Nickel Creek. The prices there range 700-800 for a single bedroom. It's gated and has a good-rep. Spending the extra money is worth it to me.

I currently live at Ashford Overlook. It is about 8 minutes from the school on a quiet side of town. We are about 3 miles from Tulsa Hills. It is a really nice apartment complex. I have no complaints. We are moving however because we got a really good deal on buying a condo and it works out to be cheaper in the long run. But I would recommend checking Ashford Overlook out. They are large pet friendly as well, which is hard to find.

I currently live at Ashford Overlook. It is about 8 minutes from the school on a quiet side of town. We are about 3 miles from Tulsa Hills. It is a really nice apartment complex. I have no complaints. We are moving however because we got a really good deal on buying a condo and it works out to be cheaper in the long run. But I would recommend checking Ashford Overlook out. They are large pet friendly as well, which is hard to find.

Where is your condo?

File Feb 20, 11 53 44 AM.jpeg

Thank you for this. It's definitely more than what I'm willing to spend though haha
Same here! I am going to live in Nickel Creek.

Also, what happened to the delete feature for posts. I was trying to remove the Quote above "University Club"

You can't delete posts unless you have an upgraded account.

Hey, everyone! I have been around these forums for years just reading and what not, but I wanted to create an account since I see that many of you went to the admitted students day at OSU! I was there as well. It was really nice meeting you all. I only know for sure I met one person, Powerlifter, just because he was the only one who was a power lifter, lol. I am always looking for a lifting buddy! Nice to meet you all. I am in the dual degree program at OSU so I have been there for almost 2 whole semesters. I am from around the area and can't wait to get things rolling. If anyone has any questions, let me know! I am staying at Creekside Village near 51st and 129th street in Broken Arrow. I highly recommend those apartments if you're still looking. It is only a 15 minute drive to school. Also, good luck to all who are still waiting on an acceptance! They accept a lot of students in February-April.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, everyone! I have been around these forums for years just reading and what not, but I wanted to create an account since I see that many of you went to the admitted students day at OSU! I was there as well. It was really nice meeting you all. I only know for sure I met one person, Powerlifter, just because he was the only one who was a power lifter, lol. I am always looking for a lifting buddy! Nice to meet you all. I am in the dual degree program at OSU so I have been there for almost 2 whole semesters. I am from around the area and can't wait to get things rolling. If anyone has any questions, let me know! I am staying at Creekside Village near 51st and 129th street in Broken Arrow. I highly recommend those apartments if you're still looking. It is only a 15 minute drive to school. Also, good luck to all who are still waiting on an acceptance! They accept a lot of students in February-April.

What does the rent look like at Creekside?

What does the rent look like at Creekside?
Well, I hate to scare you with that, but my fiancé and I wanted to be in Broken Arrow for sure. We also wanted an apartment with a garage. Our 2 bedroom/2 Bathroom apartment at ~1,115 sq.ft. has a rent price at $899/mo. however, with the garage its $95 more each month. They are very nice, considered "luxury" so you're required renters insurance which is $10-12/month. They were built in 2015. We also looked at several apartments in the surrounding areas. If you can find a roommate I would highly recommend splitting the rent at these apartments or one near these. There are also some very good apartments near Riverside in Tulsa, which is right across the river from OSU-CHS. Those University Club apartments are SUPER nice, but VERY VERY Expensive and not to mention if you don't like weird places it's probably not for you, a girl pushed her boyfriend off one of the higher floors and killed him. Random fact, but I like to tell people about it. Are you from around the area?

Well, I hate to scare you with that, but my fiancé and I wanted to be in Broken Arrow for sure. We also wanted an apartment with a garage. Our 2 bedroom/2 Bathroom apartment at ~1,115 sq.ft. has a rent price at $899/mo. however, with the garage its $95 more each month. They are very nice, considered "luxury" so you're required renters insurance which is $10-12/month. They were built in 2015. We also looked at several apartments in the surrounding areas. If you can find a roommate I would highly recommend splitting the rent at these apartments or one near these. There are also some very good apartments near Riverside in Tulsa, which is right across the river from OSU-CHS. Those University Club apartments are SUPER nice, but VERY VERY Expensive and not to mention if you don't like weird places it's probably not for you, a girl pushed her boyfriend off one of the higher floors and killed him. Random fact, but I like to tell people about it. Are you from around the area?

Thank you for the info. I scratched University Club off my list due to the price. I was looking at Creekside's website and their apartment are really nice. I'm from CA, and having a washer and dryer in the unit it a big plus haha. I was hoping to find a roommate, but being oos makes it a little hard to find one.

Thank you for the info. I scratched University Club off my list due to the price. I was looking at Creekside's website and their apartment are really nice. I'm from CA, and having a washer and dryer in the unit it a big plus haha. I was hoping to find a roommate, but being oos makes it a little hard to find one.
I will say this, when I was at the University Admitted Students day the President of the Student Body for OMS-2 was telling us that he was going to have the Facebook up and running within the next few weeks and that is where you will really find a roommate and get to know your fellow class mates. I have no doubt you will find a roommate if you are a nice guy/girl, which you seem to be, so don't worry too much about that. There were a few OOS students at the event, but OSU usually accepts ~10% OOS students per class if I remember correctly. Do you plan on flying down for the June Admitted Students Day?

Thank you! That Facebook page will definitely help. Right now I'm planning on attending, but considering I'll be moving to Tulsa in early July I don't think it would be worth it. Especially, if I end up sorting out the living situation. I'd rather spend that money on a vacation haha.

When someone gets a Facebook invite, let us know. I will have to create a profile.

Reactions: 1 users
And I'll have to try and dig up my password, I haven't been on FB for over a year

Same here. I despise it. Only this would make me join again.