Oklahoma State c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you would've told me this a year ago, I would've died. The mailing services on campus are the worst. September 2015 my mom sent both me and my brother (in Austin) gift card in the mail. He got his in a couple days later, I never got mine. I went to the mailing services, the post office- nothing. I finally got it, as it was finally returned to the sender in MAY- 8 months later.

I don't have good experience with mailing services hahaa

So the annoying thing for me was living in Stillwater. The mail there would leave the school, then go to the Stilly post office, then go to Tulsa to sort, then come back. That's just how mail worked in Stilly. So I had friends in other towns that got their letter a day before I did, and I lived like four miles from the school.

I had two rejection letters and then an acceptance letter. None of it was certified, but when I finally got that acceptance letter, it was like 4-5 sheets of paper and it had a sticker with the school's seal on it. I remember I heard the mail come... I waited for the truck to go around the corner... I ran out to the mail box and grabbed the letter. I came inside, went to the kitchen table... deep breath... and opened it.

It's still one of my fondest memories. I know I'm all jaded now, but it was a big thing.

I still have the letter.

I hope y'all get to experience that, or some version of it - however it happens with email, I mean.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
So the annoying thing for me was living in Stillwater. The mail there would leave the school, then go to the Stilly post office, then go to Tulsa to sort, then come back. That's just how mail worked in Stilly. So I had friends in other towns that got their letter a day before I did, and I lived like four miles from the school.

I had two rejection letters and then an acceptance letter. None of it was certified, but when I finally got that acceptance letter, it was like 4-5 sheets of paper and it had a sticker with the school's seal on it. I remember I heard the mail come... I waited for the truck to go around the corner... I ran out to the mail box and grabbed the letter. I came inside, went to the kitchen table... deep breath... and opened it.

It's still one of my fondest memories. I know I'm all jaded now, but it was a big thing.

I still have the letter.

I hope y'all get to experience that, or some version of it - however it happens with email, I mean.

Opening email does not have the same effect. Especially if you are waitlisted. I never even got an "official" acceptance email/letter.:(

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Opening email does not have the same effect. Especially if you are waitlisted. I never even got an "official" acceptance email/letter.:(

Yeahhhh you should protest. Ask Anna to print you one! That bologna! When did you get called off the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
But you got a phone call at least taking you off the waitlist, right?

Absolutely. But if I want to get all nostalgic and sentimental, it's not like I have a tangible copy of the phone call. Plus I was in such disbelief that I actually received a call I don't even remember the conversation, lol

Yeahhhh you should protest. Ask Anna to print you one! That bologna! When did you get called off the waitlist?

I believe they started calling on the 21st of April and I received my call like at noon that day! While I would love to have a letter, it's a very small thing in the scope of things but I do feel like I kinda missed out a little. Hopefully, I will have the "important" papers (ie diploma/license) here in a couple of years!

Best of luck to the two of you this cycle!

Last edited:
Absolutely. But if I want to get all nostalgic and sentimental, it's not like I have a tangible copy of the phone call. Plus I was in such disbelief that I actually received a call I don't even remember the conversation, lol

I believe they started calling on the 21st of April and I received my call like at noon that day! While I would love to have a letter, it's a very small thing in the scope of things but I do feel like I kinda missed out a little. Hopefully, I will have the "important" papers (ie diploma/license) here in a couple of years!

Thank you! And good luck with your exams! (I'm just assuming you have exams, cause it's vet school.)

That's pretty nice though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the waitlist I remember them saying that they give you like 24 hours to respond, and then they move on to the next person. Right?

Thank you! And good luck with your exams! (I'm just assuming you have exams, cause it's vet school.)

Thanks I will definitely need it this week! We have parasit and path this week on top of several quizzes. It isn't going to be pretty. :nailbiting:

That's pretty nice though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the waitlist I remember them saying that they give you like 24 hours to respond, and then they move on to the next person. Right?

I don't exactly remember how many hours I was given but yes I had so many hours to sign (my life away with OOS tuition, I mean) the acceptance form (and return it via email) and I had like a week to pay the deposit to hold my seat. They gave me a date that the deposit had to be received in the mail by.

Reactions: 1 user
ImageUploadedBySDN1487539302.990962.jpg

ImageUploadedBySDN1487539320.085047.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
I love the ominous warning "the next four years will be challenging.."
I saw you post in this and lost my breath and thought "how can she already know? we still have another week!" I might just need to stay off SDN for a week (if that's even possible hahaha)

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw you post in this and lost my breath and thought "how can she already know? we still have another week!" I might just need to stay off SDN for a week (if that's even possible hahaha)

It would be nice to know, but alas.

Impossible. I hold my breath every time I check my email. Even on a Sunday. I know there's no way they would send notification on a Sunday but still.

you cant stay off sdn for more than like 4 hours, so yeah a week would not work hahahaha

Reactions: 2 users
you cant stay off sdn for more than like 4 hours, so yeah a week would not work hahahaha
I would have the worst withdrawals ever. Sometimes during WW games I wake up in the middle of the night because I was having a nightmare that I was being lynched. :rofl:

Dr. Ross!!!! Such a sweetheart. He did my EAP interview freshman year, and he taught my "Future of Veterinary Medicine" course last spring. He's a good man.
I'm taking his "Future of Vet Med" course this semester. He is the sweetest!

Just to get this straight, they send out emails to everyone and call those who are accepted by phone? I'll be out of the country when we find out so I don't want to miss anything :cat:

I have been reading this thread over and over again for days. I am also waiting to hear back from OSU and I had so many questions. Thank you all for the information.

Reactions: 2 users
Will OOS people be notified at the same time as IS people?

I know that they want accepted people to stay competitive to those on the alternate list, but does anyone know if it happens very often that someone gets accepted and is still finishing up classes in the spring and lose their spot?

I know that they want accepted people to stay competitive to those on the alternate list, but does anyone know if it happens very often that someone gets accepted and is still finishing up classes in the spring and lose their spot?
They would only lose the spot if they failed to finish or got below a C in a required course.

They would only lose the spot if they failed to finish or got below a C in a required course.
Okay thank you, i didn't know if getting a c in the required course would make you lose your spot.

Okay thank you, i didn't know if getting a c in the required course would make you lose your spot.

I definitely don't recommend the risk of shooting for a C, as you may get a C- or D instead and ruin everything. Many people get put on the alternate list as well, so I imagine that is why they ask you to stay competitive to the end.

I definitely don't recommend the risk of shooting for a C, as you may get a C- or D instead and ruin everything. Many people get put on the alternate list as well, so I imagine that is why they ask you to stay competitive to the end.
Yeah definitely don't want to shoot for a C in case that were to happen.

I'm just crossing my fingers I'm not put on the waitlist (again) and have to be in limbo until April, or even later. Getting waitlisted is obviously better than getting denied but getting accepted is better than waitlisted.

I'm just crossing my fingers I'm not put on the waitlist (again) and have to be in limbo until April, or even later. Getting waitlisted is obviously better than getting denied but getting accepted is better than waitlisted.
I can't even imagine spending another 1+ months waiting. I am already about to go crazy waiting these last 3-4 days! So close yet so far.

Perhaps it will be today??? I think somebody in here earlier in the thread said the timeline they gave them said the 27th or the 28th. Being optimistic they'll tell us early. Lol

Perhaps it will be today??? I think somebody in here earlier in the thread said the timeline they gave them said the 27th or the 28th. Being optimistic they'll tell us early. Lol
Perhaps! I just posted it because I've been thinking of posting that for 3 weeks now, and I wanted to wait until the right time. :rofl:

According to my calculations, it will be tomorrow around lunch time.

But then again that's just if it stays consistent with the last few years. Anything could happen.

Off-topic, but can't wait to see what the Netflix reboot it like!

Back to the regularly-scheduled thread topic. Good luck to everyone! :luck:

wait wait wait NETFLIX REBOOT?!?!??!!?

NETFLIX REBOOT? I HAVE NOT HEARD OF THIS YET!

(I didn't apply here, but I have now seen talk of a MAGIC SCHOOL BUS REBOOT and I need all the deets)

But ALSO best of luck to all of you waiting for good news in the next couple days!!