This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShaghayeghSafarz1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted to the 2017-2018 class yet? I applied, and still waiting to hear back!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to their program two weeks ago, so I'm just waiting to hear back as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
How does this program work exactly? We take classes with the dental students? Then have to take them again during dental school?

How does this program work exactly? We take classes with the dental students? Then have to take them again during dental school?
You take first year classes like biochemistry and physiology with the dental students. If you get accepted to the BU dental program then you don't have to retake those classes.

if you take this program and matriculate into their dental school then do you start as a D1?

Congrats!!! :)

When was your application complete?
Thank you!
I submitted my application February 1st, but I emailed to confirm that it was complete on February 6th. Dr. Davies let me know that I would hear 4-6 weeks from then.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that I am a current OHS student and will be a D1 at BU dental next year. I will also be serving as one of the OHS ambassadors for next year's OHS group. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Also- for those of you already accepted into the OHS program, please feel free to check out the official OHS 2018 Facebook page where you can network to find roommates and meet OHS almumni.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I was an applicant for the 2017 dental school cycle, but just received my final rejection today. Does anyone know the what the size of the class for the OHS program will be this year and/or how close it is to being filled up?

Thanks

Hello,

I was an applicant for the 2017 dental school cycle, but just received my final rejection today. Does anyone know the what the size of the class for the OHS program will be this year and/or how close it is to being filled up?

Thanks
The deadline is May 15 I think so its still pretty early to apply!

Hello,

Thanks
The OHS class size was 40 this year but is normally 20. I'm not sure if they're continuing with 40 again for the next ohs class or not.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry, another question. For those of you who have received your admissions decision already, how long did it take between submitting your application and receiving the decision?

Sorry, another question. For those of you who have received your admissions decision already, how long did it take between submitting your application and receiving the decision?
I submitted my application on the first of the month and received my admission decision at the last day of the month.

if we are waitlisted at the BU Dental School, will the committee know we applied to this program?

if we are waitlisted at the BU Dental School, will the committee know we applied to this program?

I wouldn't think so unless you specifically put that on your AADSAS. Either way, that should not matter, as there are a couple people in my class that were waitlisted at BU dental when accepted into OHS.

Does anyone know if any merit-based scholarships are awarded for this program?

For anyone who got accepted into this program already, could they please share their stats? I am just wondering what they are looking for. I have been on hold for about a month now, and I'm so anxious! It's driving me crazy.

I still have not received any admission decision and my application was complete Jan 30th .. I'm going crazy as well!!

Anyone that has been accepted to this program looking for roommates next year? PM me!

Has anyone heard anything yet? I called them last week and they said they would start sending decisions within the first two weeks of May. :(

I sent an email to [email protected] with my second semester grades late last night. I got an email from Dr. Davies around 11:30am telling me thank you and that I would be hearing within the next few weeks. But at 2:45pm I was accepted. I'll take it!
Congrats! My application was put on hold in early February, and I've been patiently waiting ever since. I don't receive my second semester grades until mid May so I hope they let me send those in before making a decision.

Congrats! My application was put on hold in early February, and I've been patiently waiting ever since. I don't receive my second semester grades until mid May so I hope they let me send those in before making a decision.
I'm in the same boat as you! Been on hold, haven't heard anything.

Last edited:
Sorry for the spam guys, but I'm going crazy. When will the next acceptances come through? When. I'm still praying. Has anyone heard anything else?

If you're "on hold" they just want to see your second semester grades! Try to get them in as soon as possible and definitely let them know if you've done any additional shadowing, volunteering, ECs, etc.
The problem is that I graduated last year and only took classes last semester and this semester I worked as a full-time RDA and am studying to retake my DAT.( I am retaking my DAT at the end of this month)
So, I emailed letting her know all of that and that I'm enrolled in summer classes at university.
And then she emailed me back saying thanks.
So, I'm honestly so scared because I don't know what's going to happen.

For those of you who have done this program, what does your typical schedule look like (specifically 1st semester)? When does your first class start and how long does it last? Do you have classes everyday? Are there labs? etc...

Thanks