Ohio University (OU-HCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! I'm starting to fill out the financial aid stuff and I don't think I ever received a personal identification number (PID). It says to contact admissions if it hasn't been sent, but I don't want to jump the gun if they haven't sent them out already. Has anyone else received one?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I'm starting to fill out the financial aid stuff and I don't think I ever received a personal identification number (PID). It says to contact admissions if it hasn't been sent, but I don't want to jump the gun if they haven't sent them out already. Has anyone else received one?

I don't have a PID either. I finished all the other steps but I imagine we will receive this shortly. Unless someone says they have received one I'm going to sit back and wait.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I searched my email for 'PID' and it did show up in a receipt for my 1st deposit for OUHCOM, but I have no idea if that is the same number. I'm assuming they will be sending out our PIDs soon. I just finished watching the financial aid presentations and they did say to contact the admissions office if we have not received a PID yet, but I'm going to wait and see. Since they monitor this page I'm hoping we hear something soon about this. :)

Placed on the alternate list today. Pretty disappointed because I really enjoyed my interview day and would attend this school over my other acceptance. Any advice?

I searched my email for 'PID' and it did show up in a receipt for my 1st deposit for OUHCOM, but I have no idea if that is the same number. I'm assuming they will be sending out our PIDs soon. I just finished watching the financial aid presentations and they did say to contact the admissions office if we have not received a PID yet, but I'm going to wait and see. Since they monitor this page I'm hoping we hear something soon about this. :)
I'm sorry that I can't answer this question in particular, but I think all of these PID questions would be great for the OUHCOM 2021 Class Facebook page. While admissions follows SDN closely, you may get a quicker response by posting in the Official 2021 Facebook page group concerning post-acceptance questions.

Placed on the alternate list today. Pretty disappointed because I really enjoyed my interview day and would attend this school over my other acceptance. Any advice?

Sorry to hear that, bud! But it's not all bad news. I'm sure a bunch of students from the alternate list get accepted each year so keep your head up!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is anyone here interviewing at Athens tomorrow?

VA, you? Also, will you be going to OU? If so, why'd you decide to?
NYC. Yes, I am ready to attend OU-HCOM because the school is great in terms of facilities and rotation sites. The admissions office is very very supportive to students.
What about you?

Primary: 7/7. Secondary: 7/12. Complete: 7/25.

Haven't heard anything yet. OOS. Non-Trad. Two(point)something GPA, 518 MCAT. I'm curious how they pre-screen secondaries and if I even have a shot at an II.

After reading the information I could find online, I am super excited about this school! It has consistently stood out during my search, so I hope I hear back soon!
Hi, did you get in into ohio university ( ou-hcom) ? I am an OOS too. I got in and I am super excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
NYC. Yes, I am ready to attend OU-HCOM because the school is great in terms of facilities and rotation sites. The admissions office is very very supportive to students.
What about you?

If I manage to get in off the waitlist, then I will definitely attend! I was blown away during the interview day.

I just received an interview invite today. I am sooooo happy, it's so late in the cycle I can't believe that just happened. :biglove: Do you guys think at this point we would be interviewing for a waitlist spot?

Reactions: 2 users
I just received an interview invite today. I am sooooo happy, it's so late in the cycle I can't believe that just happened. :biglove: Do you guys think at this point we would be interviewing for a waitlist spot?
What are your Stats?

They usually say in the II email whether the spot you are interviewing for is a waitlist spot. You could go ahead and give admissions a call though to be sure.

They usually say in the II email whether the spot you are interviewing for is a waitlist spot. You could go ahead and give admissions a call though to be sure.

Thank you for the info!

Hey @DocEVOBIO , do you have any info on the match list for this year?

Hi! Only have unofficial information right now. I do not know when a formal list will be put together though. However, the unofficial scoop is that the Class of 2017 did very well in their matches. There have only been two individuals who have needed to proceed to the SOAP stage (Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program). Like I said, I have not actually seen the match list, only heard from people. But everyone (students and the admin.) have been very happy thus far. Let me know if you hear anything, and I will keep you updated on my end as well!

Hi! Only have unofficial information right now. I do not know when a formal list will be put together though. However, the unofficial scoop is that the Class of 2017 did very well in their matches. There have only been two individuals who have needed to proceed to the SOAP stage (Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program). Like I said, I have not actually seen the match list, only heard from people. But everyone (students and the admin.) have been very happy thus far. Let me know if you hear anything, and I will keep you updated on my end as well!

Will do, thanks for the info!

I interviewed here recently. A very efficiently organized interview day and probably the best admissions office I have encountered.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed on March 17 (St Patricks Day) and was accepted.

Stats for those curious - 28 MCAT (67th percentile for those who haven't taken the old test), 3.65 cGPA 3.71 sGPA, research, ECs, blah blah blah. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Reactions: 2 users

Stats for those curious - 28 MCAT (67th percentile for those who haven't taken the old test), 3.65 cGPA 3.71 sGPA, research, ECs, blah blah blah. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Did they tell you during your interview day how many interview days are remaining in this cycle?
The portal says they'll go to April 28th or till they fill the class.

Did they tell you during your interview day how many interview days are remaining in this cycle?
The portal says they'll go to April 28th or till they fill the class.

They said they filled half the class by winter break, so with about a total class size of 250 that means 125 spots left this semester. They interview 20 ppl at a time so over the last 10-ish weeks they've interviewed about 200 people. Assuming they accept half the interviewees that means that by this point they're probably extremely close to capacity.

I know this: They specifically tell you if you're interviewing for a wait list spot in the email. But there's lots of space going into March so for people reading this for next year, they take their time with this. I applied very very late in the cycle and got in, so the concept of "late" for OUHCOM seems to be after March. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of interviews in April are for wait list spots

Congrats!

Interview invite today. It is for a waitlist spot, but it is something! Now how do I manage my other acceptances with this one?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when financial aid "packages"/information will be made available to accepted students?

Does anyone know when financial aid "packages"/information will be made available to accepted students?
This would be a great question for the Facebook OUHCOM2021 Facebook page for those that are accepted -the Financial Aid administrators are actually members of that group, not so much on SDN. If I remember correctly they typically don't have the Cost of Attendance finalized until closer to the beginning of the school year. After the Cost of Attendance is finalized they will give you information on filling out student loans, etc. But again, this would be a great question for the FB page.

Hey everyone, I was just told that many people that are on the hold list or possibly reject might be referred to their medpath program. Could any of you provide some insight on this. Thanks
I think you posted in the wrong group? This is Ohio University not The Ohio State University.

Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything? I know it might be kind of early to expect waitlist movement, but just antsy haha

Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything? I know it might be kind of early to expect waitlist movement, but just antsy haha

The second deposit deadline is may 15 so I'm guessing you'll start to see more movement after that! Best of luck!

my login to the portal doesn't seem to be working. is this a silent rejection? i was going to withdraw my application anyways to tie up loose ends at the end of the cycle, but kind of weird to have received no word.
I know they are done with all interviews for the cycle.

So, I was accepted to the Cleveland campus. What are the chances of me switching to the Athens campus this late? Is there a branch campus waitlist for Athens students that I could maybe switch with someone? I'll probably send an email, just curious if anyone here has heard anything.

So, I was accepted to the Cleveland campus. What are the chances of me switching to the Athens campus this late? Is there a branch campus waitlist for Athens students that I could maybe switch with someone? I'll probably send an email, just curious if anyone here has heard anything.

To Athens very easy

Does anyone know if they have begun accepting anyone off of the wait list yet?

Second deposit day. Hoping one of you gives up your spot so I can come off this waitlist.

Withdrew over the weekend, good luck everyone!

Edit: Athens campus

Last edited by a moderator:
Just withdrew my acceptance from Cleveland campus. Best of luck everyone and stay hopeful! :)

Withdrawing my acceptance as well. Hope it goes to one of you on the waitlist!

Just withdrew my acceptance from the Athens Campus. I hope my spot goes to one of you great future doc. Keep your hopes up, it's not over yet!