Ohio State c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone that was accepted, do you know around how many people were on that email? I am just trying to be optimistic, and just wondering an approximation of how many people they overaccept. I understand that the waitlist moves differently each year, I just think if I know an approximate number of how many they overaccept I may have a better idea if I should stay on the waitlist or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Must be a vet student thing to worry about all this stuff 4 years in advance haha
Yeah, getting a bit too ahead of yourself there haha. Nothing wrong with thinking ahead though. If you're set on this path then more power to you!

Alright, so I just pressed 'reply all' and it looks like 250 people were on the email! So stay optimistic! I'm staying optimistic for you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone that was accepted, do you know around how many people were on that email? I am just trying to be optimistic, and just wondering an approximation of how many people they overaccept. I understand that the waitlist moves differently each year, I just think if I know an approximate number of how many they overaccept I may have a better idea if I should stay on the waitlist or not.

You said you are number 2 on the IS waitlist? I would be pretty optimistic if I were you. Even last year when they actually over accepted the class, the IS waitlist moved enough that you would have gotten in...

You said you are number 2 on the IS waitlist? I would be pretty optimistic if I were you. Even last year when they actually over accepted the class, the IS waitlist moved enough that you would have gotten in...
What do you think about the OOS waitlist? I'm number 7 on it...

What do you think about the OOS waitlist? I'm number 7 on it...

I'm under the impression that last year (when no one got off the OOS waitlist was pretty bizarre). I'd say you have a really good shot but it is totally going to vary based on applicant behavior this year.

Yes I am #2! I am trying to remain optimistic, it's just hard when the person in my spot last year didn't hear until July. By that time, I will most likely be settled in at another school, and have all the details ready, so I am just hoping I hear back before then.

Yes I am #2! I am trying to remain optimistic, it's just hard when the person in my spot last year didn't hear until July. By that time, I will most likely be settled in at another school, and have all the details ready, so I am just hoping I hear back before then.

Here's to April 15th being your lucky day:)

Hopefully we'll be classmates!

Here's to April 15th being your lucky day:)

Hopefully we'll be classmates!

Thank you! I sure hope so! All I know is that if they offer me a spot, I am going to accept it over any other school even if that means I forfeit my deposit!

Thank you! I sure hope so! All I know is that if they offer me a spot, I am going to accept it over any other school even if that means I forfeit my deposit!

I would definitely feel pretty darn hopefully if I was number 2 on that waitlist!

For what it's worth the class of 2021 page has like 240 people on it, but many of those are older students who are trying to sublet their housing to new students.

For what it's worth the class of 2021 page has like 240 people on it, but many of those are older students who are trying to sublet their housing to new students.

For the ones that aren't older students, do you know if they are all students who accepted their seats? Seems like the class is pretty full from the looks of that.

For the ones that aren't older students, do you know if they are all students who accepted their seats? Seems like the class is pretty full from the looks of that.

I believe you have to have an OSU email to get into the Facebook group this year, so probably. Don't let the size of the group alarm you too much, though - the Facebook group for my class has about 530 people in it currently, and the majority of those folks are obviously students from other classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Speaking of I cannot seem to get the Facebook group to send me the email to my osu account anyone else having this issue? I know that my email address is working since I have used it before.

Speaking of I cannot seem to get the Facebook group to send me the email to my osu account anyone else having this issue? I know that my email address is working since I have used it before.
Your email might have to be linked to your Facebook account too

Turned down my OOS seat today! Best of luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 1 user
Just put down my security deposit for a one bedroom in the grandview area!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else living in Dublin? Officially have a place to live!

I found a place to live too and it's kinda weirdly surreal...also the fact that classes are done in less than a month now! The time is flying...:eek:

I'll be sharing a home with a few other students not too far from campus! The introverted part of me wanted an apartment to myself, but having lived at home with my family all my life I think I'll benefit from having some company !

I'll be sharing a home with a few other students not too far from campus! The introverted part of me wanted an apartment to myself, but having lived at home with my family all my life I think I'll benefit from having some company !
Your wallet will probably thank you as well.

living alone was by far the best ive ever experienced lol but more power to you.
Ive lived at home and with roommates and im much more comfortable and happy living alone. Not to mention I study while watching TV loudly and it hurts to wear earphones that long lol

living alone was by far the best ive ever experienced lol but more power to you.
Ive lived at home and with roommates and im much more comfortable and happy living alone. Not to mention I study while watching TV loudly and it hurts to wear earphones that long lol

It was tempting! Especially when everything is way more affordable compared to here in Los Angeles (where a run down studio will run you $900/mo +), but I'll be paying $450ish per month (including utilities) instead of $750ish. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make especially given the cost of OOS tuition the first year!

Ive lived at home and with roommates and im much more comfortable and happy living alone.

Me too. Spent years living with multiple roommates in the dorms and off campus. Spent years living with an older sibling. Living alone is slightly more expensive, but getting the peace to do what I want, when I want is wonderful. No one is there to complain, eat my food, or screw me over on the bills. I've had some great roommates, but the few who were terrible ruined it for me.

I turned down my OOS seat today! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I've decided to attend RVC so I've just declined admission for the upcoming class! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist. :)

Reactions: 1 users
I've decided to attend RVC so I've just declined admission for the upcoming class! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist. :)

Same here!
I love OSU though so it was a hard choice but I'm happy with my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

*sitting at #5 on the OOS waitlist*

I do go here for undergrad, so if anyone happens to have questions about Columbus feel free to hmu (but I'm sure there a bunch of people on the class page too)

I'm planning a trip to see family over winter break. Does the vet programs schedule follow the undergraduate schedule. As in all Ohio state classes begin the same day and such?

And orientation was a couple days before class?
For my year, it was the Thursday, Friday, and Monday before class, so I would assume it's going to be a similar setup this year.

Does anyone know if they've sent out a supply list yet? I've seen people posting books that we will need for class in fall but I don't want to jump on anything until I know for sure

Does anyone know if they've sent out a supply list yet? I've seen people posting books that we will need for class in fall but I don't want to jump on anything until I know for sure

The supply list will come from the student run and operated book store (OVESS) porbably sometime in May once the class email list-serv is finalized. OVESS is a student group and not run by the school. In general, books and supplies are the same year-to-year. I was the manager until spring break but I saw the list the school gave OVESS and my brief glance didn't see anything that changed.

hey guys, its a littl odd but i do NOT use facebook at all (havent since 11th grade lol) but all of you are welcome to follow me on IG and Snapchat . Message me!

Most of the times you don't end up using them anyways. You can really get everything you need from class notes. I only used the Histology book one time. I glanced over the Anatomy book a couple of times. That was it tbh.

Of course, if you think it will help supplement your learning, then by all means get them.

Question related to books and supplies: How much money are current students spending on books/school supplies (estimates)?

The school is allocating $4200 for first year (which may or may not include the iPad, I haven't asked/heard yet) and I've heard many say that amount is more than enough but I'm curious by how much. A few hundred? A thousand? More?

Soooooo I'm a little late to this but... how do I get on the Facebook page?? I just accepted my offer

Counting down the days until April 17th with the hopes of the waitlist moving! It couldn't get here fast enough.

Soooooo I'm a little late to this but... how do I get on the Facebook page?? I just accepted my offer

You should get an email soon with a link to the page!

If any OOS waitlisted student at spot #1-6 can post if they've been accepted, what number their spot was and if they have accepted or declined their offer, that would be really helpful.

Sincerely again, waitlisted OOS student at #7

Last edited:
Question related to books and supplies: How much money are current students spending on books/school supplies (estimates)?

The school is allocating $4200 for first year (which may or may not include the iPad, I haven't asked/heard yet) and I've heard many say that amount is more than enough but I'm curious by how much. A few hundred? A thousand? More?

Yeah, that is a very generous amount. I spent probably close to 1500 for books and supplies, including the iPad and a few things from OVESS, and I could have spent less if I didn't buy as many books as I did. Like someone said earlier, you will most likely not use the books much. I have found the anatomy book helpful at times and you will definitely want to get the dissection guides, but other than that, I wouldn't buy many books. Our library generally has them if you want to look at them.

I also bought the histo and radiology books, but didn't use them much at all. I am going to hang onto them for the moment, but I may end up selling my histo book at least. We shall see.

Yeah, that is a very generous amount. I spent probably close to 1500 for books and supplies, including the iPad and a few things from OVESS, and I could have spent less if I didn't buy as many books as I did. Like someone said earlier, you will most likely not use the books much. I have found the anatomy book helpful at times and you will definitely want to get the dissection guides, but other than that, I wouldn't buy many books. Our library generally has them if you want to look at them.

I also bought the histo and radiology books, but didn't use them much at all. I am going to hang onto them for the moment, but I may end up selling my histo book at least. We shall see.
We're going to be using the radiology book for third year, so you might as well hang on to that one. I'm definitely selling my histo book.

We're going to be using the radiology book for third year, so you might as well hang on to that one. I'm definitely selling my histo book.

Unless something has changed, you don't need the radiology book third year either. Basic rule of thumb: with the exception of anatomy, only buy a book if you're going to use it on clinics/after graduation, and even then, wait a year or two in case there is a new edition. There are also tons of books available for free in PDF through the osu library website.

Last edited:
If any OOS waitlisted student at spot #1-6 can post if they've been accepted, what number their spot was and if they have accepted or declined their offer, that would be really helpful.

Sincerely again, waitlisted OOS student at #7
I will open one more spot for you! I declined my seat :)