**Official VCU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your AADSAS. They rejected some people without emailing them

Do you know if those were the one were not interviewed to interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I checked AADSAS and it still says received/application complete on there.
They haven't been very good with communication in my opinion. I believe until you're rejected, you're under consideration.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if those were the one were not interviewed to interview?
Those who were rejected were without interview invitation. I believe they're still reviewing everyone who's interviewed and are supposed to release decision by the end of February.

This is the e-mail I got from them last night.

Thank you for taking the time to apply to our program. We appreciate your patience as the Admissions Committee makes its final decisions regarding the Class of 2021. Your application is under review and no decision has been made yet regarding your acceptance to our school. More definitive updates will be available by the end of February 2017.

This is the e-mail I got from them last night.

Thank you for taking the time to apply to our program. We appreciate your patience as the Admissions Committee makes its final decisions regarding the Class of 2021. Your application is under review and no decision has been made yet regarding your acceptance to our school. More definitive updates will be available by the end of February 2017.
I have not had an interview here. I don't expect getting one either

I interviewed on 1/21 . I didnt hear back from them yet.
For those who interviewed on 1/21 did you hear back from the school.

Last year the people who interviewed in January heard back in the middle of February (the 12th). Shouldn't be too much longer. Looks like it may be the end of the month this year.

you mean 1/20? I interview that day too. no news yet :(

Last year the people who interviewed in January heard back in the middle of February (the 12th). Shouldn't be too much longer. Looks like it may be the end of the month this year.

Thanks ncide

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't know they interviewed saturday too. I interviewed friday

Pretty sure they don't actually interview on saturdays lol. Might be remembering wrong

Sorry guys I didnt mean to confuse you but am looking for the VCU school of pharmacy thread.

Hey does anyone have a picture of the projected costs for out of state students?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

They sent out the first post December acceptances this week last year and slowly continued to send out acceptances/rejections/waitlists throughout February.

Not sure if they're gonna stick to that same thing this year but just a heads up!!

They sent out the first post December acceptances this week last year and slowly continued to send out acceptances/rejections/waitlists throughout February.

Not sure if they're gonna stick to that same thing this year but just a heads up!!
Been waiting since August...please VCU I want some news haha.

Accepted! Interviewed in September.
Got the letter at 740 today.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today! Interviewed January 20th

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
6 months after interview....finally ACCEPTED.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what the summers look like for students at VCU? I doubt it's like undergrad, but are there breaks at all?

Does anyone know what the summers look like for students at VCU? I doubt it's like undergrad, but are there breaks at all?
I believe they have a summer session that ends around early July so you have couple weeks off after first year! After that, no summer break...:lame: Maybe a week...?

Last edited:

6 weeks off the first summer. Most people take some of this time to study for boards and take part 1. This is the last big break.

Has anyone yet heard about the admissions scholarships?

Did anyone who interviewed on January 20th just not hear back at all?

Has anyone yet heard about the admissions scholarships?
Yes, I recieved an email this weekend that stated I was selected for an Admissions Scholarship. I'm not sure how many of these they send out...

I'm late posting this but I interviewed on January 20th, was accepted on February 18th, and just submitted my deposit :claps:

Rejected yesterday

So sorry. Do you mind sharing your stats and when did you interview? I am still waiting to hear back

OOS, Interview Jan. 20th, DAT: AA22, TS 24, oGPA 3.89, sGPA 3.89

Accepted to the D.5 Program yesterday, interviewed in October. Would love to hear anyone's thoughts/experience with this program at VCU!

Accepted to the D.5 Program yesterday, interviewed in October. Would love to hear anyone's thoughts/experience with this program at VCU!

Congrats. I am happy for you. I am still waiting to hear back. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats! I've heard it's an easier/better transition into dental school where you take fewer classes than D1 so you can focus more on those few classes. But I guess that's subjective since you're spending extra year in school. I've been told that some of the top students started the program as D.5!

Congrats! I've heard it's an easier/better transition into dental school where you take fewer classes than D1 so you can focus more on those few classes. But I guess that's subjective since you're spending extra year in school. I've been told that some of the top students started the program as D.5!

It's significantly easier to have good grades as a D.5 since you are taking the same classes over 2 years, not 1.

Can any current students reading through this thread share what the clinical requirements for graduating?

Does VCU send out acceptance packages?
I don't think so. Well at least I didn't get one. They also didn't send any last year. You just get a book in June/July that you have to read before orientation haha.

Last edited:
I don't think so. Well at least I didn't get one. They also didn't send any last year. You just get a book in June/July that you have to read before orientation haha.
Dang i was gonna frame the acceptance letter

Status
Not open for further replies.