***Official UIC Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
those who were also accepted to uic recently, what date were you given to pay the deposit by? feb 6?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
those who were also accepted to uic recently, what date were you given to pay the deposit by? feb 6?

I have not been accepted, but I think any offer has a minimum 30 days if given Dec. 1-Jan 31. This is an ADA rule.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone knows how much the OOS waitlist moves? I interviewed here a few days ago and I know it's for a waitlist spot, so I'm wondering if I do make the waitlist, if I have a decent shot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Does anyone knows how much the OOS waitlist moves? I interviewed here a few days ago and I know it's for a waitlist spot, so I'm wondering if I do make the waitlist, if I have a decent shot.

They interviewed OOS people without spots even available?

Does anyone know if the class is full yet?

Just got waitlisted at UIC. I'm OOS. Interviewed in January for a waitlist spot so that's good news. Does anyone know how big the OOS waitlist is and how much it moves?

I'm guessing it doesn't move a ton since they don't take many of out state and I'm sure their waitlist is decent sized even though they don't interview many OOS. But still, good news.

Last edited:
Just got waitlisted at UIC. I'm OOS. Interviewed in January for a waitlist spot so that's good news. Does anyone know how big the OOS waitlist is and how much it moves?

I'm guessing it doesn't move a ton since they don't take many of out state and I'm sure their waitlist is decent sized even though they don't interview many OOS. But still, good news.

Congrats! Do they have a separate waitlist for in and out of state?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats! Do they have a separate waitlist for in and out of state?

Thanks. I believe so because the email states "...the Admissions Committee has voted you alternate Non Resident status for admission to the College of Dentistry".

Thanks. I believe so because the email states "...the Admissions Committee has voted you alternate Non Resident status for admission to the College of Dentistry".

What day did you interview? I also interviewed in Jan and am waiting to hear. I'm in state though

Around January 10th. Sometimes they notify OOS first.

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn so I'm probably rejected then :(

Hopefully not, I think all the Jan interviews are in a totally different wave. In the email they sent me, they stated that the wait-lists are not ranked so I think you will still have a chance!

UIC is a great school! Hoping for good news

Last edited:
Has anyone else heard anything? I haven't heard anything back and I'm so nervous! I'm afraid it's a bad sign :( interviewed 1/10

Has anyone else heard anything? I haven't heard anything back and I'm so nervous! I'm afraid it's a bad sign :( interviewed 1/10

I interviewed November. I haven't heard anything. I called a few days ago and they said more offers should go out in a few days. So that is a plus.
I am not sure if the class is close to full or not. I know some people declined initial offers.

Interviewed 1/19...waitlisted 1/30 really hoping there is some movement...anyone get an offer extended today?

I interviewed November. I haven't heard anything. I called a few days ago and they said more offers should go out in a few days. So that is a plus.
I am not sure if the class is close to full or not. I know some people declined initial offers.

I hope that's true! I interviewed in Jan and haven't heard anything

Anyone know what it means to have not heard anything?.. pre December interview..

Did yours specifically say waitlist?

Here is what it said

Following review of your application and interview, the Admissions Committee has voted you alternate status for admission to the College of Dentistry. It should be highlighted that students placed on the alternate list are of high academic caliber and are deserving of a space in the class. Due to our small class size, we are unable to accept all interviewed applicants. Alternate applicants are reviewed when space in the class becomes available. A number are subsequently offered acceptance into the incoming class at a later date.

Hey I am planning on retaking the DAT and hoping for a 22 AA, 20 PAT, 24 TS, and 18 RC. Along with these stats with my undergrad gpa of 2.83 overall and 2.81 science and graduate gpa of 3.2, am I more welcome to apply to UIC CoD?

I called and it looks like they are still sending out interview invites, but are in their final stages. Anyone (esp OOS) still waiting (and hoping!) for an interview here??

Also, any accepted students from OOS on here - what are your stats, if you don't mind sharing?

I called and it looks like they are still sending out interview invites, but are in their final stages. Anyone (esp OOS) still waiting (and hoping!) for an interview here??

Also, any accepted students from OOS on here - what are your stats, if you don't mind sharing?

Hi OOS here! Hoping for an interview so it's really great that you said they are still sending them out!

Wishing luck for the both of us! :)

I had an interview here in early January, made the waitlist, now I'm just waiting. I'm OOS.

I am still waiting for an interview as well!

Any idea if UIC does silent rejections? I submitted my supplemental right before the November deadline, so I know chances might be slim for an interview. But on the AADSAS portal it has said "received/application complete" for three months.

Any idea if UIC does silent rejections? I submitted my supplemental right before the November deadline, so I know chances might be slim for an interview. But on the AADSAS portal it has said "received/application complete" for three months.

I don't think so, when I've called they said they would definitely notify everyone by April.

For those who interviewed end of January, have you heard anything? I thought they said mid January but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyone know what the waitlist is looking like? Specifically OOS. I know I won't get too much help because the OOS waitlist is small and I only think a couple OOSers post in here. I might shoot them an email on Sunday asking but I wanted to ask here first in case someone already did.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the waitlist is looking like? Specifically OOS. I know I won't get too much help because the OOS waitlist is small and I only think a couple OOSers post in here. I might shoot them an email on Sunday asking but I wanted to ask here first in case someone already did.

So I'm spitballing, I don't have any actual information, but it seems like the class might be filled. I don't think it is, but it really seems like it

Status
Not open for further replies.