Official Touro Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Members don't see this ad :)
:eek: Never taken that many ever lol.

Reactions: 1 user
I wanted to thank you because I think I got your spot!! I was accepted 3/31 :)
Thank you, I wouldn't know but I'm glad you got in!! I'm sure you'll do great and enjoy it!:)

Just got accepted. Now I have to make a decision BU or Touro

I'm excited to begin---but guys how are your grants/loans/aid process going? haha I need help!

Just got accepted off the waitlist today!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm excited to begin---but guys how are your grants/loans/aid process going? haha I need help!

Filed FAFSA earlier the year and I think there's like an extra step we need to do for graduate school loan! But it's convenient cause once you're logged into FAFSA, all the information is already entered in for you.

Does anyone know if the 2017-18 academic calendar is available?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted on Tuesday at 2pm I am still in a shock congratulations everyone and hopefully whoever is also waiting will soon get an acceptance!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Whoever got accepted to touro college, do you want to live in Mt. Vernon like 10 minutes away?

I'm in! Woke up to eight emails and couldn't believe my eyes! The long wait is finally over

edit: just in case anyone is curious about stats:

GPA: 3.45 (upward trend last two semesters 4.0 in all upper-division biology courses)
sGPA: 3.3x
DAT: 21AA/22TS/20PAT/21RC

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
How long does it take (post email acceptance) to get the official acceptance letter?

How long does it take (post email acceptance) to get the official acceptance letter?

I think it took about a week.. It does not have any information not contained in the emails though

Consideration for applicants will go from April until July as spots became available. Waitlist is not ranked.

Received the waitlist consideration email today and I have removed myself from the waitlist. Hope you guys get in!

Did anyone not get their second deposit email yet?

For people who were accepted to both NYU and Touro but chose Touro, what factors have you used to make this decision? Or if you chose NYU instead then what factors did you use to make that choice? Especially for out of state students from different regions of the country (such as Midwest) how did you pick between these schools since they're close in distance and are both private? There are various significant factors such as Touro's advantages being cheaper overall, having a smaller class size and outside of a big city versus NYU's advantages being more well-established, reputable and known for having a very large patient pool that prepares students well clinically. I'm just wondering what others chose when making this decision and what were some of your deciding factors?

For people who were accepted to both NYU and Touro but chose Touro, what factors have you used to make this decision? Or if you chose NYU instead then what factors did you use to make that choice? Especially for out of state students from different regions of the country (such as Midwest) how did you pick between these schools since they're close in distance and are both private? There are various significant factors such as Touro's advantages being cheaper overall, having a smaller class size and outside of a big city versus NYU's advantages being more well-established, reputable and known for having a very large patient pool that prepares students well clinically. I'm just wondering what others chose when making this decision and what were some of your deciding factors?

I'm going to tell you what I told some other people in terms of why I chose Touro over some other schools I got accepted to.

Touro has everything many other schools have to offer plus more (at least in my opinion). Short train ride into the city. Cheaper tuition, cheaper cost of living, smaller class size (compared to NYU & Columbia). A distinguished faculty. NY Med also has an incredible reputation. There's an incredible amount of overlap between the medical school and the dental school. Sure it's a new dental school, but the people leading it know what they're doing.

Yes Touro is a new school, but plenty of other schools were at one point (and even recently) “new schools” and you still see thousands of people applying to these relatively new schools - UNE, LECOM, etc. The fact that it’s connected to new york medical college which has an incredible reputation has a lot going for it.
They have invested a lot into the school – faculty-wise, clinic, resources, etc… and after having spoken with one of the people running it, I couldn’t really see myself going anywhere else. You’ll also find in years to come it's going to be verrrrry difficult to get into. This area is very densely populated... and very densely populated with very bright individuals. Applicants are going to be fighting over spots at Touro, NYU, Columbia and Rutgers. They all have the same applicant pool and they're all within an hour of each other. Also in terms of the "name", I've found that there are plenty of dental schools that current professionals have never heard of. And that's completely fine! They're still great schools (Places like “Midwestern” or “Roseman” or "Lecom".)
So many people still apply to them. However, generally speaking when you mention "NY Med" amongst the medical community you get the "oh wow". I currently have a friend at the dental school who has said it’s tough but he’s really enjoying it and he’s very happy with his decision.
I had a couple of acceptances and after all my experiences there I can say that I'm very excited to attend
1f60a.png

Touro dental school (the location) doesn't house a residency program but Touro itself is associated with several different dental residencies at ny med and other places... so that way you as a dental student can still do difficult cases and then have the option to go to an affiliated residency...

Residency Program

Did anyone not get their second deposit email yet?

I received it on April 8th and it is due May 1st but I was accepted about 3 months ago. If you do not hear anything soon, I would give them a call.

Anyone know where I can find a copy of/ link for the academic calendar for Touro this year? I know the school has some different breaks within semesters due to Jewish holidays and I just wanted to take a look at the academic calendar so I could see how the school year is structured with all these various breaks in between. I'm unable to find this on the school website. Thanks!

Hey does anyone know if the waitlist is pretty much done moving for the year or if they might continue to take people off of it. Thanks!

i just gave up a spot here yday. hopefully one of yous get

Hey does anyone know if the waitlist is pretty much done moving for the year or if they might continue to take people off of it. Thanks!
for many people, second deposit is due may 1. after may 1 i am sure there will be some movement from the waitlist.

I got in off the wait list yesterday. Good luck everyone!!

Anyone not get an email for 2nd deposit yet? was accepted early april and I emailed james and called to leave a message and he said he'd send it shortly (this was a few days ago). But I read on here people saying its due on may 1.

Anyone not get an email for 2nd deposit yet? was accepted early april and I emailed james and called to leave a message and he said he'd send it shortly (this was a few days ago). But I read on here people saying its due on may 1.

It is paid the same as the first one, just click TC- Dental School Second Deposit instead

did you guys see the tuition increase from the "consolidated memo" email today...COA is now 100k. :mad::mad:

did you guys see the tuition increase from the "consolidated memo" email today...COA is now 100k. :mad::mad:

It was pretty close to 100k before if you are to include the "living expense budget" like you are now.

The norm for schools (according to what I've read) seems to be about 5% increase each year for the incoming classes. Also, they're giving you a pretty high allotment for room & board... you'll be certain to find a place a lot cheaper than what they're listing :)

Hi,
Does anyone know when we're gonna have our orientation, white coat ceremony, and our first day of class?
I've been looking, but I haven't found anything.
Thank you so much! :)

Hi,
Does anyone know when we're gonna have our orientation, white coat ceremony, and our first day of class?

Orientation: July 5th- 7th
First day of class: July 10th

I am not sure about the white coat ceremony

Yea, we have a summer session
Academic calendar was included in the consolidated memo I received 2 days ago.

Hey I've been following this thread. I got in off the wait list late in the week! I'll be joining the FB group pretty soon. Just curious, do you know how hard it will be for me to find a roommate(s)/decent location? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

White coat ceremony will be towards the end of our second year before we enter the clinic :)

Hey I've been following this thread. I got in off the wait list late in the week! I'll be joining the FB group pretty soon. Just curious, do you know how hard it will be for me to find a roommate(s)/decent location? Thanks in advance!

Decent amount of people looking for roommates in the fb group & decent location won't be hard

how many pairs of scrubs are most of you guys buying?