Official SHPEP 2017 Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did you hear from howard or houston?
yeah I got an email from both of them. I have in faith in God that I'll get into Howard tomorrow so I'm going to keep praying!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
yeah I got an email from both of them. I have in faith in God that I'll get into Howard tomorrow so I'm going to keep praying!
Yes definitely keep your hopes up high because when I got denied ucla I thought I wasn't going to get into any sites. I was already looking for other internships lol

Reactions: 1 user
anyone else waiting for houston's waitlist for dental??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey so if anyone else was accepted and confirmed to UCLA theres a Facebook page now! Congratulations to us all by the way! Keep going. Never stop never settle!

Hey so if anyone else was accepted and confirmed to UCLA theres a Facebook page now! Congratulations to us all by the way! Keep going. Never stop never settle!
Yup! Whats the page called??? Congrats btw!

Anyone who got into LSU been contacted about further details yet? Also can we start a groupchat or something lol and congrats to anyone who recently got in!

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone is waiting for the University of Florida they just updated the application to site is full for me.

Yea Columbia. But I'm starting to seriously look for something else to do for the summer. What about you?
I'm waiting on Howard still. I applied to another medical summer program too so I'm hoping if I don't get off the waitlist for this one I'll get into that one! Good luck!!

Anyone going to LSU message me. I guess we can try starting an Instagram/iMessage group chat!

My waitlist status has changed to Site is Full for Columbia.

Houston still waitlisted .... anyone else?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! Yesterday afternoon I noticed that my status changed from waitlisted to accepted! I'm applied to the dental program. What about you?
Congrats! I'm still waitlisted for premed unfortunately but maybe there's still a chance

Well I just checked and Columbia changed to site is full. I got rejected from all 3

Does anyone know of any jobs that look "good" for a pre dental applicant? For the summer, since I'm still waitlisted and planning as if I don't get in, I'm going to volunteer at a hospital, and shadow a dentist. But I also need a job... any ideas?

Does anyone know of any jobs that look "good" for a pre dental applicant? For the summer, since I'm still waitlisted and planning as if I don't get in, I'm going to volunteer at a hospital, and shadow a dentist. But I also need a job... any ideas?
I don't exactly know what's the dental equivalence, but I'm a Certified paraoptometric assistant, so I can work at an Optometrist place. Try being certified in something like that. It also adds experience in your resume and exposure for future dental schools.

I don't exactly know what's the dental equivalence, but I'm a Certified paraoptometric assistant, so I can work at an Optometrist place. Try being certified in something like that. It also adds experience in your resume and exposure for future dental schools.
Hi, been stalking the thread for a while but, How long did it take you to get certified I was looking into becoming a medical assistant if this doesn't work out and im pretty confused on the process:unsure:

Hi, been stalking the thread for a while but, How long did it take you to get certified I was looking into becoming a medical assistant if this doesn't work out and im pretty confused on the process:unsure:
It depends on where you live. I live in Florida, so they had Optometric assisting in a technical college (along with dental assisting and medical assisting). I took the course when I was in high school, so I graduated high school with that under my belt. How long it takes depends on where you take the course and the speed, like, it took me 2 school years with 3.5hrs M-F while adult students did it in one school year with 7hrs a day. I know with medical assisting, it's usually shorter, but don't quote me lol
TL;DR check around your area to see what they have.

I just got into Houston today you guys! Keep hope & call them if you are still waiting on Houston for sure!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got into Houston today you guys! Keep hope & call them if you are still waiting on Houston for sure!
Did you call? I'm still waiting...unfortunately. Congrats to you though!

Did you call? I'm still waiting...unfortunately. Congrats to you though!
Yes I called them & made sure to give them my name & I checked right after the call & I got in. Hope it works for you too!!

Site is full for houston .... well. Guess I'll try again next year. Congrats to all who made it.