Official SHPEP 2017 Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, I called Florida and they told me the same thing. They said look out for any status updates within the next couple days.
Okay good. So we just have to be patient Which is very difficult for me lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think LSU updates will be today based on what I was told when I called today

Members don't see this ad :)
for anyone that's waitlisted for houston whats your action date??

Does anyone know anything about the Rutgers waitlist?

when was everyone waitlisted for Howard and LSU?

Still waitlisted for Columbia. I was gonna wait til summer to do home health aide classes, but my mom helped me out with the CNA class fee so I am starting that Monday. That's my plan for the spring/summer at this point.

I would really love to get off of the waitlist, but I am not taking any chances. To those of you still on the waitlist like myself, may the odds be ever in your favor.

I got accepted into the Western program but I haven't received an email/info about it. Has anyone else?

Has anyone gotten of the waitlist for Western U?

I got accepted into the Western program but I haven't received an email/info about it. Has anyone else?
did you get off the waitlist ? when was your action date?

This is so inconvenient smh. Like why can't they be faster at giving us feedback

This is so inconvenient smh. Like why can't they be faster at giving us feedback
it really is!! if i knew whether I'm in or not I'd be able to plan my summer sooner and now I'm just refreshing every 20 minutes

Reactions: 1 user
for people who got accepted to western
i got accepted in the first cycle and the site sent an email that once the class is complete. They will send further instruction

Come on Houston hurry uppppp I'm tired of waiting!

Does the action date for a wait list matter?

Does the action date for a wait list matter?
I'm not sure about every site but when I contacted Florida they said they have a different way of organizing the waitlist (based off application & other stats).

I'm just going to check at night because this is literally driving me crazy o_O

Reactions: 4 users
So I got through to the Houston program coordinator and essentially the gist of the conversation was that the site is full and people will be called off the waitlist in "chronological order" if for some reason people can no longer attend... she also was like "the good thing is that your application was accepted but unfortunately we don't have enough spots so keep up the good work"... has anyone else called and gotten the same response?

Maybe all the waitlisted spots for the sites have been filled?

Hello, I'm in need of advice.

I got accepted to the Pre-Medical Program at Western University of Health Sciences but I might refuse it because I got an offer to work as a Medical Assistant at a hospital near me. Not only does this work not require certification, but it will also train me on the job. The whole point of me applying for this program was to figure out what Pre-health path I wanted to do and if I really even want to do Pre-health. However, I think the job at the hospital might be way better in helping me make my decision. I'm just reluctant to reject the offer because I'm not too sure how much it would offer me in terms of insight of the medical field.

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated!

I'm not going to tell you what to do, but if I was in your position, I would choose the medical assistant. I think that that'll give you a more hands on experience than SHPEP. However, SHPEP is a great program and it would be an excellent way to network as well. It would be a better all around summer experience.