*~*~* Official Secondary Application Thread 2017-2018 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post all questions or information related to secondary applications here.

For information on secondary application fees, letters of recommendation, and other requirements by school, see the 2017 Osteopathic Medical College Information Book (PDF).

For essay information, see the post below.

Good luck everyone!

Credit goes to (brakk026) for format.

You can see the 2016-2017 secondary thread here.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else received any secondaries yet? I applied to about 14 schools and only one of them has sent me an email to let me know they received my primary

I have received secondaries from AZCOM and Touro-CA

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone receive a secondary from PCOM yet?

I received secondaries from VCOM and NOVA.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

RT^^^^^

Based on the threads from previous years I've seen PCOM's secondaries go out later than the others, around early-late July. I applied as well so hopefully they come out earlier this year!

Reactions: 1 users
Based on the threads from previous years I've seen PCOM's secondaries go out later than the others, around early-late July. I applied as well so hopefully they come out earlier this year!

Aweee man!! Okay awesome!! Thanks for the info!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also got one from Rowan and LECOM-E.

Did anyone here from NYIT? I thought I saw the email in my inbox but now it's not there

Received them from AZCOM and Rowan so far but I submitted last night. Hoping to hear from more to speed this along!

I submitted June 24th (Saturday) and received secondaries from AZCOM and CCOM this morning.
Hoping to get MSUCOM ASAP (Canadian applicant lol)

So far I've gotten AZCOM, CCOM, NSUCOM and MSUCOM
Waiting on KCUCOM, OU-HCOM & TOURO-NY

I've gotten ATSU (both SOMA and KCOM), AZCOM, CCOM, LECOM Erie, Touro CA, and UIW.
Waiting on Pacific Northwest UHS, PCOM, Touro NY and NV, Western U Pacific and Pacific NW, and KCUCOM. Please let me know if you guys have received secondaries from any of those yet! :)

Gotten BCOM, AZCOM, CCOM, ATSU x2, LECOM Erie/Seton Hill, MUCOM, RVU x2, ACOM, WCUCOM.
Waiting for PNW, UIW, PCOM, Touro NY, Western Pacific, KYCOM, WVCOM, ARCOM, LECOM Bradenton.

Can someone explain if LECOM has a secondary? I have access to the portal but do not see anything.

Last edited:
Can someone explain if LECOM has a secondary? I have access to the portal but do not see anything.

First login.

After logging in, On left hand side there is an application tab.

29be3ec332839beb9b3cd2bb8710a6d4.jpg

Then go to the do applicant Erie tab. Then you will see secondary.

85fd119fb24134831292df3274e05675.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if there is a character limit on MSUCOM's description of shadowing experiences?

So I got an email from PCOM...Then the email disappeared...

Do we have to make a payment before getting the secondary?

Glad to see everyone is as just as confused with PCOM's email. I thought I just biffed it. :eek:

Based on this line in the email: "Please note that we will begin to process your application once your application fee of $75 has been paid through the online application summary portal," I think you have to make the payment upfront, then a few weeks later you'll get another email for the secondary. So I just paid the fee and I'm sitting back to see what happens...

Anybody having issues with letters from emeritus status professors? I'm really bummed because PCOM won't accept a letter from one of my professors because they're retired. So now I have to go dig through my college education transcript from years ago and find someone who's still there and get a mediocre letter on letterhead because apparently that's better.

This system is rigged :yeahright:

Can someone please post the secondaries for any of these 6 schools? I thought this was a thread to share secondaries, but everyone keeps bragging about receiving them and nobody has actually shared anything yet lol

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 4.45.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 4.45.38 PM.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 123
Anyone get a secondary from Touro?!

Has anyone received secondaries from WVCOM, LECOM Bradenton, or KYCOM?

Has anyone received secondaries from WVCOM, LECOM Bradenton, or KYCOM?
not from WVCOM but I've already gotten a II from LECOM Bradenton. Didn't apply to KYCOM so I'm of no help with that one

does anyone know VCOM Virginia secondary questions? Also, does anyone know Uni New England COM secondary questions?

For VCOM:

Please answer the following questions and limit your response to 500 words. The character count includes spaces and punctuation. Please do not cut and paste this will embed more characters.

Describe the top three reasons you have chosen osteopathic medicine as your professional choice in becoming a physician (Please use your own description and not one that widely describes the profession).

Professionalism and the ability to gain respect in the community in which you live is of utmost importance as you embark upon a career as a physician. What three professional qualities do you feel a Student Doctor must be able to demonstrate as he/or she makes the transition into the study and practice of medicine. How will you demonstrate those qualities as a medical student at VCOM?

Please describe a volunteer or service activity that played a large part in your decision to become a physician.

In the event you submitted an application to VCOM last year, what improvements have you made to your application?

If you have not completed all the prerequisite coursework, please state how you intend on completing it prior to matriculation.

Have you had any lapse of 2 years or greater in taking full time college-level coursework?

For UNECOM there is no secondary. The essay questions are part of your primary app from AACOMAS:

Describe your particular interest in attending UNE COM and any contact you have had with UNE COM students, alumni, faculty or clinicians, admissions coordinators, student affairs staff, etc. How did these interactions influence your decision to apply?

Pick an example of a challenge/difficulty you have encountered that is of a personal, cultural, extra-curricular, or academic nature. What insight have you gained from this event? How will it influence your time at UNE COM and your practice of medicine?

Describe your understanding of osteopathic medicine, how you learned of it and how it fits into your future plans.

I am applying to multiple DO schools and because I only recently submitted my primary application to AACOMAS, I wanted to know if someone could please post the secondaries for PCOM in Philly and Rowan DO school in NJ ?
Thanks!

I am applying to multiple DO schools and because I only recently submitted my primary application to AACOMAS, I wanted to know if someone could please post the secondaries for PCOM in Philly and Rowan DO school in NJ ?
Thanks!
I didn't apply to Rowan but PCOM just has this one essay question:

Noting the missions and objectives of the Osteopathic profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. Include an example of an event in which your actions directly influenced the life of another person and relate this to your goal of becoming a DO.

I didn't apply to Rowan but PCOM just has this one essay question:

Noting the missions and objectives of the Osteopathic profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. Include an example of an event in which your actions directly influenced the life of another person and relate this to your goal of becoming a DO.
thanks so much!