Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Matthew9Thirtyfive @freak7 @efle @Lucca @JoaoMoutinho bump!

1501255247-20170728%20(1).png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
cray.jpg

haha, thanks for thinking of me!

I'm really disappointed no one has commented on my change of avatar... maybe no one gets the reference?

Reactions: 2 users
cray.jpg

haha, thanks for thinking of me!

I'm really disappointed no one has commented on my change of avatar... maybe no one gets the reference?
I only know him as the Master. Is that from something else?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
GaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhH!!!!!
I'm so mad!
Okay so I finally got my driver's license two weeks ( they kept failing me for BS reasons because I went through the MA driving school, big mistake). I finally passed through the RMV, but I was so wired after the test ( I thought I failed) that I didn't realize my license would be printed with that ****ing awful photo from my permit. I went in the next day to take a new photo, but my license got sent to me with the wrong one. I thought " Oh no issue, they'll send me the right one in a week"
Wrong.
I called them and they said I have to come in to take a new photo and have it put on my correct license.
Jeesus. Christ. I took that second photo before the license was sent to me, what did they think it was for , my birthday cake? Now I have to drag my ass back to the RMV if I want to correct license.
You'd think after failing the test twice for totally BS reasons I'd finally have a stroke of good luck but NOOOOOOOO
I'm generally a pretty patient chick but this is just laskdfj;alskdfjadls;kfjasdl;kfj;lkJ;LAKSDJFLjl;adskfjalds;kfj;dlsakfjl;kjLKJ;LAKSDJFADKLS;FJLSA;DKFJLK
:flame:+pissed+:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bullcrap::bullcrap::bullcrap::bullcrap::boom::boom::wtf::sendoff::sendoff::sendoff::flame::sendoff:+pissed++pissed++pissed++pissed+

@mwsapphire The RMV suuuucks. Congrats on getting your license, though! I myself did not pass the first time for a very stupid reason, haha.

Blergh I hate getting misunderstood on the internet. I don't know why but it makes me a little anxious for some reason. I hate having to be defensive. That's the frustrating thing about the internet - there's no tone. Always makes me think of this Key and Peele sketch.

I found an old document that I compiled 2 years ago of images that made me laugh. This one is a gem:
tumblr_m177jkD7Bo1qbh26io1_1280.jpg

@mwsapphire The RMV suuuucks. Congrats on getting your license, though! I myself did not pass the first time for a very stupid reason, haha.

Blergh I hate getting misunderstood on the internet. I don't know why but it makes me a little anxious for some reason. I hate having to be defensive. That's the frustrating thing about the internet - there's no tone. Always makes me think of this Key and Peele sketch.
Hahah I'm so ****ing mad.
If I go there tomorrow they better give me a new one with the right pic ( this permit pic is old, not just bad but old).
I'll take another pic I don't care I just want the right damn picture!!! That's not too much to ask for!!!! It's a pretty simple task for such a large agency!!!!
I'm running errands in the area anyway so I'll swing by. I will literally put up a fuss if I have to .

SDNers - I need an avatar please...

Have at it!

oh boy, I start anatomy on the 14th (first day of class)
It's a lot,all at once, and they just put it up on the screen and they expect you to know it. Having never taken anatomy before I feel behind and it is the first day of class.

Reactions: 4 users
It's a lot,all at once, and they just put it up on the screen and they expect you to know it. Having never taken anatomy before I feel behind and it is the first day of class.
Maybe you can review lecture slides before class? And then after class. Is that doable in medical school?

F*** it, now I'm scared

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe you can review lecture slides before class? And then after class. Is that doable in medical school?
. The lecture notes just list the names of the parts without any context. You can stare at those as much as you want and it won't help. It's like being asked to memorize a periodic table for each hour of lecture without knowing what the numbers and letters mean or the relationships they have.

what helped me most were clinical correlations and little "factoids" that made different parts interesting, like Saturday Night Palsy (radial nerve)

or how a deep cut to the thenar eminence puts the recurrent branch of the median nerve and the ability to oppose the thumb at risk

the clinical approach can at least help you retain the anatomy that should be relevant to you for your entire career
(I don't care if you go into derm; if your child has a FOOSH (fall onto outstretched hand) and you don't check for snuffbox tenderness and there's a missed fracture of the scaphoid with its retrograde blood supply leading to avascular necrosis, what good are you, really?)

learning "vascular & nerve supply" "i/o" "action down cold might be necessary, but just going through flashcards??

I tried to learn each relevant part of the body as a its own character in a drama, with their own little narrative
a lot of the other minutiae dovetail in better that way

there's still a lote of rote and silly acronyms of course

Reading threads from reapplicants is giving me crazy anxiety about my first cycle.

So, hi guys! Commence the de-stressing!

what helped me most were clinical correlations and little "factoids" that made different parts interesting, like Saturday Night Palsy (radial nerve)

or how a deep cut to the thenar eminence puts the recurrent branch of the median nerve and the ability to oppose the thumb at risk

the clinical approach can at least help you retain the anatomy that should be relevant to you for your entire career
(I don't care if you go into derm; if your child has a FOOSH (fall onto outstretched hand) and you don't check for snuffbox tenderness and there's a missed fracture of the scaphoid with its retrograde blood supply leading to avascular necrosis, what good are you, really?)

learning "vascular & nerve supply" "i/o" "action down cold might be necessary, but just going through flashcards??

I tried to learn each relevant part of the body as a its own character in a drama, with their own little narrative
a lot of the other minutiae dovetail in better that way

there's still a lote of rote and silly acronyms of course
I hate brute memorization but I am making anki for the first time. Your ideas about narratives makes a lot of sense. I was hoping to work backwards like some sort of symptom / paralysis and figure out what muscles/nerves/bones are involved in it, hopefully giving some context to the entire enterprise otherwise it will be dumped from memory as soon as the final is over. Thanks for the suggestions, I will try to incorporate some of them into my studying.

Reading threads from reapplicants is giving me crazy anxiety about my first cycle.

So, hi guys! Commence the de-stressing!

I'd honestly not pay atrention to them at all. Getting accepted is far more important here, and once that's done, feel free to visit those threads.

so is this social thread basically where i can neurotically post until IIs arrive....?
gpbHqD0.jpg

It varies from several to many. I have a lot of downtime at work :(

young-man.png
Keep it up! It's always nice taking a break to read a comic you tagged me in. I appreciate it.

If I went into a hairdresser and said "do whatever looks good", would I immediately regret my decision?

Important life choice.

If I went into a hairdresser and said "do whatever looks good", would I immediately regret my decision?

Important life choice.
Only one way to find out.
Snip snop chop

Important life choice.

I've done a lot of crazy stuff to my hair without a hair dresser, so I feel like at least they have more knowledge than the average person who tries to do things to their hair. If you're an adventurous person, go for it!