Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Matthew9Thirtyfive @UNMedGa @JoaoMoutinho loss aversion system bump!

1496591944-20170604.png
All you have to do is put them in debt. But they can't pay back the debt with future allowance, it must be paid at the end of the week through physical labor.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Tigger warnings are no longer safe. This thread is the last bastion of free SDN!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@Cyberdyne 101 would you rather have the NBA Finals as they are right now where it looks like it will probably sweep, or do you prefer it to be more of a challenge? Basketball isn't really my thing, but went to watch what I thought was Game 1 with my in-laws (who are from Cleveland) and instead saw what looked like a Globetrotters-Generals game where LeBron had more turnovers than a bakery. Based off of what my wife told me about the other games, it doesn't sound like they were really any different.

I guess the only thing worse than giving up a 3-1 lead is giving up a 3-0 lead, but let's be honest-- there's no way that's going to happen.

@Cyberdyne 101 would you rather have the NBA Finals as they are right now where it looks like it will probably sweep, or do you prefer it to be more of a challenge? Basketball isn't really my thing, but went to watch what I thought was Game 1 with my in-laws (who are from Cleveland) and instead saw what looked like a Globetrotters-Generals game where LeBron had more turnovers than a bakery. Based off of what my wife told me about the other games, it doesn't sound like they were really any different.

I guess the only thing worse than giving up a 3-1 lead is giving up a 3-0 lead, but let's be honest-- there's no way that's going to happen.

I've been thinking about this all day. Truth be told, I enjoyed last season more , even with the loss in Game 7. Though this one is not yet over. I never count Lebron out until the series is officially clinched.

I'll elaborate later in the day/night.

@Gibbward @mehc012 any thoughts?

@Cyberdyne 101 @JoaoMoutinho i personally don't mind sweeps as long as the games seem pretty competitive. I'd rather it be close for 4 games rather than extend to 6 or 7 games but theyre all blowouts. So if the Dubs finish it on Friday, but the game is similar to how G3 was, I'll be happy. Heck, id prefer the GS to win it all right away just coz I am their fan. I can't count the Cavs out yet obviously, but I really don't expect this series to go past G5 if GS play as well as they have been playing.

@Cyberdyne 101 @JoaoMoutinho i personally don't mind sweeps as long as the games seem pretty competitive. I'd rather it be close for 4 games rather than extend to 6 or 7 games but theyre all blowouts. So if the Dubs finish it on Friday, but the game is similar to how G3 was, I'll be happy. Heck, id prefer the GS to win it all right away just coz I am their fan. I can't count the Cavs out yet obviously, but I really don't expect this series to go past G5 if GS play as well as they have been playing.

I agree.

I was gonna say that last year I was happy with the competitiveness of the WCF. It was such an amazing series, but I wanted the Dubs to finish off the Cavs in 4-5 games.

Having gone 12-0 in the games prior to the Finals has made the playoffs less entertaining.

Last edited:

Watching your team win a game like this

will obviously give you more satisfaction. Further, it'll feel even better if they end up winning the series. Aside from the general excitement of a close game, there is an awesome feeling when your team exceeds expectations. Even a player of Klay's caliber is exceeding expectations when he hits 11 3s. Same applies to Steph when he hits 400 3s in a season and achieves the shooting percentage triple crown i.e. 50/40/90. Coming back when you're down 3-1 is also exceeding expectations.

Although the Dubs are still super exciting this year and run a fluid offense that incorporates 4 All Stars (not an easy feat), they are now expected to be this dominant. So while watching them is still hella entertaining, the "omg my team came out of nowhere and is now super awesome" feelings are not quite the same when you add a top 2 player like Durant. That said, winning should always be the priority so I fully support the decision to sign him. Also, given the unpredictability of injuries (see last year's playoffs and this year's regular season), it's always better to have a loaded squad i.e. #StrengthinNumbers

Edit:
This article also discusses the difference in expectations between this year and last.
Stephen Curry on differences from 2016: Expectations much greater

Last edited:
Watching your team win a game like this

will obviously give you more satisfaction. Further, it'll feel even better if they end up winning the series. Aside from the general excitement of a close game, there is an awesome feeling when your team exceeds expectations. Even a player of Klay's caliber is exceeding expectations when he hits 11 3s. Same applies to Steph when he hits 400 3s in a season and achieves the shooting percentage triple crown i.e. 50/40/90. Coming back when you're down 3-1 is also exceeding expectations.

Although the Dubs are still super exciting this year and run a fluid offense that incorporates 4 All Stars (not an easy feat), they are now expected to be this dominant. So while watching them is still hella entertaining, the "omg my team came out of nowhere and is now super awesome" feelings are not quite the same when you add a top 2 player like Durant. That said, winning should always be the priority so I fully support the decision to sign him. Also, given the unpredictability of injuries (see last year's playoffs and this year's regular season), it's always better to have a loaded squad i.e. #StrengthinNumbers

Edit:
This article also discusses the difference in expectations between this year and last.
Stephen Curry on differences from 2016: Expectations much greater

I can totally agree with that. Like I said, basketball isn't really my thing, but every sport is more exciting when games are close, or when the underdogs beat the heavy favorites. There is also something to be said, though, for the teams that can dominate by just being that good. Most of the time, that does require some degree of buying ridiculously good and expensive players--I will agree with you that most fans come to expect domination at that point, but that they are also happy to see their team win.

I can totally agree with that. Like I said, basketball isn't really my thing, but every sport is more exciting when games are close, or when the underdogs beat the heavy favorites. There is also something to be said, though, for the teams that can dominate by just being that good. Most of the time, that does require some degree of buying ridiculously good and expensive players--I will agree with you that most fans come to expect domination at that point, but that they are also happy to see their team win.

Though keep in mind that the Warriors only had one big free-agent signing (Durant) during this run. And they had to give up some pretty solid players to afford his contract.

For my 15th birthday, my friends gave me 2 family sized things of Doritos because at a previous party I solo'd a family size thing of Doritos
You were probably a pudgy Hispanic child. Like the kid from modern family.

Last edited:
You were probably a pudgy Hispanic child. Like the kid from modern family.
1) yes I'm Mexican so the edit was unnecessary
2) I was actually really skinny and could eat anything without gaining weight. I wish I could say the same now though... :(

2) I was actually really skinny and could eat anything without gaining weight. I wish I could say the same now though... :(
I knew you were mexican, I just didnt want to rustle anyone's jimmies because I dont know if the modern family kid is mexican or not.

I knew you were mexican, I just didnt want to rustle anyone's jimmies because I dont know if the modern family kid is mexican or not.
Is the character Mexican? I spy a loophole

You know, its funny. I went through a chubby phase at 13/14 b/c I gained a lot of weight with puberty ( some unlucky girls do). I lost it eventually, but now I'm about 20, and I'm watchiing all my female friends gain weight for the first time , and I'm sitting here like " hahahaha"
I eat very little naturally, I move a lot, I normally work out, so I don't have to worry about it now but they do for the first time and it's like " :coffee:"
The thing is, I felt like kind of bad ( about being chubby) , b/c most 14 y/o still have that youthful metabolism. But now I'm realizing it's actually really normal for ladies.
*that was super long sorry but this is a social thread so I figured it was okay*

I'm the same way too now. I used to eat sooo many burgers and steaks, put gravy on EVERYTHING, a bunch of rice for every meal, lots of beer, etc. I can't do that anymore :oops: It sucks too coz all that weight goes straight to my belly. Luckily, a better diet (and little to no exercise) has actually solved that! I used to be on the 1st or 2nd hole of my belt, but now I'm on my 4th/5th hole!

Huh that sounded like an infomercial for better diet haha

Reactions: 2 users
You mean that you don't just stay skinny by eating tostilocos and takis 24/7?

Reactions: 1 users
Though keep in mind that the Warriors only had one big free-agent signing (Durant) during this run. And they had to give up some pretty solid players to afford his contract.
I didn't realize that they had to get rid of other people to get him (like I said, I don't actually pay that much attention to basketball). From the 2.5 games I saw of this series, though (most basketball I have ever watched at a time in my life!), it seems like he was worth every penny.

@freak7 When is the expected delivery date for freak8? Do you have a plan in place on how you are going to study.

@Matthew9Thirtyfive so how does the medicine program work for you? When do you end up going to school? Do you still end up having to take the MCAT and such?