Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! I'm going nuts over here.

Yeah. Gonna be a doctor!

Haha thanks guys. This has been an awesome week, thank God. I am so excited. I'm not even thinking about all the stuff I have to do in the next month.
Explain what happened lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IMG_0106.JPG

@Matthew9Thirtyfive
Special meme for a future doctor

Reactions: 3 users
Explain what happened lol.

I applied through the Navy to a program at USUHS called EMDP2, which takes enlisted Sailors with degrees and sends them to med school to become Navy doctors.

If you want some back story as to why people reacted like this, I've been waiting to hear back since October. On January 30, my division officer at the time found me and pulled me aside to tell me that I hadn't been selected (they have a <5% acceptance rate). I was pretty bummed and was moving on with plan B (not medicine related). That evening, I emailed the program director to see what I could have improved in my application, since I felt that I was a strong candidate. She emailed me the following morning and told me someone must have made a mistake because the board hadn't even met yet.

Then on March 6, USUHS announced that they had made their selections and had forwarded them back to the individual services for promulgation, including the Navy. The Marines put their results out the same day. The Air Force two weeks later. The Army a couple weeks after that. I had no idea what was going on with the Navy results (still don't, but I don't really care since I got selected!!!!!!). Yesterday morning, I showed up for duty and was congratulated by one of the officers on board. A fellow first class showed me the message so that I could let myself really believe it, haha.

Reactions: 4 users
I applied through the Navy to a program at USUHS called EMDP2, which takes enlisted Sailors with degrees and sends them to med school to become Navy doctors.

If you want some back story as to why people reacted like this, I've been waiting to hear back since October. On January 30, my division officer at the time found me and pulled me aside to tell me that I hadn't been selected (they have a <5% acceptance rate). I was pretty bummed and was moving on with plan B (not medicine related). That evening, I emailed the program director to see what I could have improved in my application, since I felt that I was a strong candidate. She emailed me the following morning and told me someone must have made a mistake because the board hadn't even met yet.

Then on March 6, USUHS announced that they had made their selections and had forwarded them back to the individual services for promulgation, including the Navy. The Marines put their results out the same day. The Air Force two weeks later. The Army a couple weeks after that. I had no idea what was going on with the Navy results (still don't, but I don't really care since I got selected!!!!!!). Yesterday morning, I showed up for duty and was congratulated by one of the officers on board. A fellow first class showed me the message so that I could let myself really believe it, haha.
Ah, obviously I have no idea how military medicine works lol. Congratulations man that's awesome.

Ah, obviously I have no idea how military medicine works lol. Congratulations man that's awesome.

Yeah, Mil Med is its own beast. I'm super excited. I loved the Navy from the time I went to boot camp, and I've wanted to be a doctor for a long time, so getting to do them both is a blessing. I think I said, "Thank you, God; thank you, Jesus," like 500 times yesterday.

Yeah, Mil Med is its own beast. I'm super excited. I loved the Navy from the time I went to boot camp, and I've wanted to be a doctor for a long time, so getting to do them both is a blessing. I think I said, "Thank you, God; thank you, Jesus," like 500 times yesterday.
Could you have applied outside of the navy med program?

Could you have applied outside of the navy med program?

Not realistically, no. I still have 18 months on my ADSO (which just extended to 60 months now that I've been selected, and will extend out even further when I matriculate at USUHS--I will be eligible to retire by the time my ADSO is complete), during which this command will be super operational, preventing me from completing outstanding prereqs. I have a spouse and two young kids and live in an expensive city, so separating and taking the prereqs full time would be very difficult. So instead of applying through this program this year, I'd have to probably wait about 3-4 years to even apply.

Not realistically, no. I still have 18 months on my ADSO (which just extended to 60 months now that I've been selected, and will extend out even further when I matriculate at USUHS--I will be eligible to retire by the time my ADSO is complete), during which this command will be super operational, preventing me from completing outstanding prereqs. I have a spouse and two young kids and live in an expensive city, so separating and taking the prereqs full time would be very difficult. So instead of applying through this program this year, I'd have to probably wait about 3-4 years to even apply.
****s confusing lol. Regardless congrats! What are you gonna do within navy med

****s confusing lol. Regardless congrats! What are you gonna do within navy med

It's only confusing until you are in for a little bit. I'm also a departmental career counselor, so I have a little more knowledge than the average Sailor.

I'll see what specialty I feel is right when I get to third year. I have some experience in primary care here, and I know I love surgery, so those two will probably duke it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's only confusing until you are in for a little bit. I'm also a departmental career counselor, so I have a little more knowledge than the average Sailor.

I'll see what specialty I feel is right when I get to third year. I have some experience in primary care here, and I know I love surgery, so those two will probably duke it out.
Orthobro or bust

HEY GUYS HOW'S EVERYBODY DOING THIS FINE MORNING?

Reactions: 1 users
My dad has been delaying my birthday present for months until I found out if I got accepted or not. He wants to get me a really nice stethoscope. Any recommendations? I'll cruise the fora too, but I figured I'd ask you guys too.
You should probably just ask upperclassmen at your school about which one you should get

I got accepted to my medical commissioning program. Mil Med, here I come!

DAMN NAVY, way to wait until the last second for those EMDP2 results!! CONGRATS! I'm so, so jealous. I would love to apply, but I'm ages from my bachelor's. A good friend of mine from the same duty section got accepted this year too. You guys are probs gonna be in the same prep classes. :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
DAMN NAVY, way to wait until the last second for those EMDP2 results!! CONGRATS! I'm so, so jealous. I would love to apply, but I'm ages from my bachelor's. A good friend of mine from the same duty section got accepted this year too. You guys are probs gonna be in the same prep classes. :D :D :D :D

PM me if you want to tell me who it is. I know someone in last year's cohort, and all the selectees are put in the same class. Yes. It was very last minute. I have a LOT to do now in a short time, but I could not be more thankful for the opportunity.

Also, someone from my command just got picked up for the interservice PA program.