Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IMG_9333.jpg

Can't remember if I posted this already

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Literally my dad...
My dad would use stuff like this too, but the more ridiculous things that the dad in the comic did were a lot more reminiscent of the kind of shenanigans that my brother and I would pull to get our youngest brother to do all of the work for us...

Reactions: 1 user
If you study art you can learn how to observe something both objectively and subjectively. It's an opportunity to work collaboratively with others to understand visual information and what it says about the artist, the subject of the art, or ourselves in a much lower stakes environment than the clinic.

@moggat @Lucca @Luka75 @ScottTenorman54 followup!

20111107.gif

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's a little freaky how much I relate to some of these Poorly Drawn Lines comics.
kevins-project.png

Reactions: 3 users
That method actually works really well when teaching. Make the math sound stupidly easy because all it is is squiggles representing ideas.
That's the case for everything . When teaching dumb it down to it's conceptual approximation and then build from there.

That's the case for everything . When teaching dumb it down to it's conceptual approximation and then build from there.

Yeah but it sounds especially dumb with math because the terms for complex math are all defined using slightly less complex terms, so you end up having to explain what it is you're explaining. Or you can just use really layman terms that make you sound functionally ******ed.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah but it sounds especially dumb with math because the terms for complex math are all defined using slightly less complex terms, so you end up having to explain what it is you're explaining. Or you can just use really layman terms that make you sound functionally ******ed.

Break it down Barney style

Reactions: 1 users
That's the best kind of ******ed. In all seriousness , treat everyone like they can read on a 4th grade level. It also helps solidify the concepts for yourself. Imho, if you can't explain it to a fourth grader you don't really understand it yourself.

That's the best kind of ******ed. In all seriousness , treat everyone like they can read on a 4th grade level. It also helps solidify the concepts for yourself. Imho, if you can't explain it to a fourth grader you don't really understand it yourself.

Agreed. I actually find that preparing to teach it to someone with less knowledge on the subject helps to really solidify it and reveal areas of ambiguity.

I've thought about gas. I think I might miss the traditional doctor-patient relationship.

I mean, the surgical patient is still "yours" You're the first and last person they see before surgery and usually the first after surgery. If anything goes wrong during surgery, if they code or anything, they're your responsibility

I like the circle of hate around gen surgery.

I mean, the surgical patient is still "yours" You're the first and last person they see before surgery and usually the first after surgery. If anything goes wrong during surgery, if they code or anything, they're your responsibility

Yeah, but I like having a patient come in undifferentiated and getting to work them up, build a rapport, etc. I like longitudinal care.

Mando requal.
D: Does everyone in the military have to do that? I can imagine people having all sorts of serious reactions to it.... ( although I know you need to be absurdly healthy to be in the military)
That really freaks me out...