**Official MWU-IL interview/acceptance/rejection thread**

Has anyone with a February interview date heard back yet? It's March 1st and I haven't received any news so I'm freaking out! Thanks in advance.
I'm feeling the same way! You're not alone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone with a February interview date heard back yet? It's March 1st and I haven't received any news so I'm freaking out! Thanks in advance.
Most acceptances for January interviews were sent out 2/2 on a Thursday, so I'm assuming you guys will hear back soon! If I recall correctly, admissions committee meets once a month!

Most acceptances for January interviews were sent out 2/2 on a Thursday, so I'm assuming you guys will hear back soon! If I recall correctly, admissions committee meets once a month!
do you know if they send them in the morning or afternoon?

Members don't see this ad :)
I keep hitting refresh on my email....

Accepted via e-mail and student portal about half an hour ago!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to more future classmates!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
New to this thread. Just got an interview invite yesterday, scheduled for the 27th of this month. Congrats to you guys accepted

Everyone that got accepted yesterday, what day were your interviews?

Called for interview just now! Going on the 14th

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

They said the admissions committee only meets once a month which stinks

interviewed feb 7th. got the alternate list letter in the mail on friday 3/10. Just emailed the admissions committee to ask to be removed from the list because I have another acceptance. good luck everyone

So there's no dif between an interview at the beginning vs the end of the month? They would all be reviewed at the same time?
I believe so, I'm not positive though and I'd hate to misinform anyone! I think they'll tell you if you call.

Any tips on how to prepare for the interview?
The best tip I can give you is to prepare as if you are going to a normal dental school interview. Despite it being a MMI style interview, looking back, I believe that preparing for the interview helped me a lot.
The questions will be random. No one asked me why I wanted to be a dentist. It is your job to convey that in your answers, or at least point to attributes you posses that sound appealing.
The goal of the questions is to see how you handle yourself in a 'stressful' situation. Do not forget to smile once in a while and refer to your volunteer or previous work experience. Most of the questions will involve some ethical situation.
Lastly, try to leave a good impression on EVERYONE you come in contact with. You never know who is who but they know who you are since you have got a name badge.

Good luck.

how do you know that they will review in April? did you call and ask? I am also waitlisted. :(
last interview is next week. So i assume they will start reviewing wait-listed applicants in april.
did you receive an email today asking if you want to be removed from waitlist?

there are 8 interview rooms and 2 groups of interviewers. Each interview day had 16 total students.

To everyone that interviewed in March, please keep us updated on when/if you get an e-mail! SooooOooO anxious to hear, as I'm sure we all are :)