**Official MWU-IL interview/acceptance/rejection thread**

I'm OOS, but I wouldn't like that played a factor in it since MWU is a private school.
When did you interview? Also what made you think that the interview went well? Were the interviewers really responsive/interested?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When did you interview? Also what made you think that the interview went well? Were the interviewers really responsive/interested?
Mine was on 1/17; because all of my interviewers seemed really receptive and and agreed with my answers. 4/6 of my interviewers started talking about how relatable my answers were and started talking about how it applied to their lives. Basically, the interviews were all friendly chats. I didn't feel the slightest bit stressed or nervous at all.

When is there movement on the waitlist ?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I called and they told me I got waitlisted. I'm in a dilemma now. I called about the PreReq checklist popping up all of a sudden and they said I needed Anatomy class and Physiology class but I took 1 joint class. Don't know what to do.....
They tell you when there's movement on the list ?

Mine was on 1/17; because all of my interviewers seemed really receptive and and agreed with my answers. 4/6 of my interviewers started talking about how relatable my answers were and started talking about how it applied to their lives. Basically, the interviews were all friendly chats. I didn't feel the slightest bit stressed or nervous at all.

Ah I see. That is unfortunate but it seems like you're a confident interviewer. Do you have any acceptances?

2 so far but they're expensive (USC and NYU).
I'm surprised because your stats are really good, interviewed, and still rejected. Do I even have a chance with my upcoming interview when my stats aren't close to yours. lol

I'm surprised because your stats are really good, interviewed, and still rejected. Do I even have a chance with my upcoming interview when my stats aren't close to yours. lol
when are you interviewing?

You absolutely have a chance. If you were selected for an interview, then they know that you are qualified on paper to attend the school. The interview is to show them what kind of person you are: what are your beliefs, values, and morals, how you interact with people, how you think, and to see if you would be a good fit at the school.

Don't let other people's results scare you. Go to your interview and just be yourself, and if they think that you are a good fit for their school, then they will select you. I had lower stats than acesofseven, but I was accepted. Let this show that it is not always about stats.

acesofseven, you have great stats and like you said, your interview went well. There could be numerous reasons why you weren't accepted (they didn't think you were a right fit, yield protection, etc.), but congrats on your other acceptances and good luck in the future!

Yeah, based on aceofseven's stats, and good interview. I am pretty sure that it was the yield protection. They probably thought you wouldn't accept the seat if given it.

You definitely have a chance! My overall GPA is a 3.4 and my science is a 3.3 and I got a 19 AA on the DAT. My stats are not super high either but I still got in! Just be yourself :) Good luck, you are going to do awesome!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the encouragement y'all!

You definitely have a chance! My overall GPA is a 3.4 and my science is a 3.3 and I got a 19 AA on the DAT. My stats are not super high either but I still got in! Just be yourself :) Good luck, you are going to do awesome!

Thanks for the encouragement y'all!

Yup! @DC206R , as @dr.razlo23 mentioned, I also have a 3.66, 20AA (not as high as aceofseven) and I still got in the next day! Honestly you've passed the stats test and they like you. Just go out there and get your brain running and be prepared to critically think! I enjoyed MMI. It was my first time doing one.

I thought you said you interviewed the 12th?

Does anyone think they are still sending interview invites?

I'm interviewing on the 20th and would really like some tips/suggestions. Even though the format of the interview is an MMI, is it really just like a normal interview but with just multiple interviewers instead of one? Were there a lot of ethical/problem solving questions?

I'm interviewing on the 20th and would really like some tips/suggestions. Even though the format of the interview is an MMI, is it really just like a normal interview but with just multiple interviewers instead of one? Were there a lot of ethical/problem solving questions?
I'll see you there!

When I went in for the interview I honestly had no idea it was MMI.. I really liked how they interviewed though! Basically it is just 6 doors with a question/discussion posted on the door and you have 1 minute to get your thoughts together and then go in and discuss it with the interviewer for 6-7 minutes. Just be yourself and you will do well! Good luck!:)

Last edited:
Does anyone know when dental school starts? I read it's sometime in September, is that true?

Also does anyone know what my chances are of getting out of a waitlist? sorry, this is my only chance lol :(

Orientation is end of August and classes start after labor day.
As for your chances of moving on the waitlist I don't really know what those are like...

Waitlist should move a little I'm giving up my seat and I also know another individual who is as well.

was there a place to put your luggage for the interview day?

was there a place to put your luggage for the interview day?

Yes. You can put your luggage in the room where you first meet. The room is small and it will be locked when nobody is in there.

Got on the alternate list today! Good luck to everyone who still has interviews!

there's only 21 people in the fb group right now, there has to be more accepted than that...

there's only 21 people in the fb group right now, there has to be more accepted than that...

i was wondering that too. esp the class size is 130.

people are still not fully committed to the extent of officially joining the Facebook for a school. I think the amount of people will grow as people finalize their schools. It'll take time for the fb group to grow since many holding on to acceptances are still deciding or waiting on other schools.

I think it's just not shared as much. It's only mentioned (at most) twice in this thread.

people are still not fully committed to the extent of officially joining the Facebook for a school. I think the amount of people will grow as people finalize their schools. It'll take time for the fb group to grow since many holding on to acceptances are still deciding or waiting on other schools.
Okay thanks! I'm interviewing soon and this is my DREAM school so I was wondering how many spots are left for us later interviews!

Okay thanks! I'm interviewing soon and this is my DREAM school so I was wondering how many spots are left for us later interviews!
I assume they still have spots to fill, at least that's what they told us at our interviews! They said the class wasn't full so I am sure you have a good chance of getting in! Good luck at your interview! You'll do great!!

I assume they still have spots to fill, at least that's what they told us at our interviews! They said the class wasn't full so I am sure you have a good chance of getting in! Good luck at your interview! You'll do great!!
Thank you!!

does anyone know when feb. interviews should hear back

does anyone know when feb. interviews should hear back
I heard back at the beginning of the month so you could hear back from them within the next week or two. How did your interview go!?

I heard back at the beginning of the month so you could hear back from them within the next week or two. How did your interview go!?
Thanks for asking! I think it went pretty well so fingers crossed!! The waiting is killing me!

Just so everyone knows, this is the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1616160035354497/

There are currently only 25 members and it has been relatively inactive but has recently picked up. If/when you get an acceptance, please join!

Good luck to all of those still waiting to hear back!

What do you guys think about the quarter system? good and bad things comparing to semester one...

This will be my first experience with it, but I do like two things (at least on paper)--more frequent testing/less material covered per course, and those 2+ week breaks every couple of months :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
This will be my first experience with it, but I do like two things (at least on paper)--more frequent testing/less material covered per course, and those 2+ week breaks every couple of months :)

Thanks! Weren't those breaks just one week each though??? According to the academic calendar that we received during the interview, fall quarter break is from nov 20 to 24 and the classes resume on 27th, for example.

Last edited:
Fall quarter breaks are weird because of the holidays. It looks like for D1 & D2 year the breaks are 2 weeks plus whatever is left of the exams week leading into it

Has anyone with a February interview date heard back yet? It's March 1st and I haven't received any news so I'm freaking out! Thanks in advance.