**Official MWU-IL interview/acceptance/rejection thread**

Invited for interview! They offered 2 dates, feb 14 and feb 21. Any advice would be greatly appreciated (even if its just what hotel to stay at haha)!

Members don't see this ad.

Invited for interview! They offered 2 dates, feb 14 and feb 21. Any advice would be greatly appreciated (even if its just what hotel to stay at haha)!
When did you submit your app if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Invited for interview, already attending Marquette so I will be turning it down. Good luck everybody else

Calling to cancel my interview today! Good luck fellow SDNers :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
anyone have any idea about how many seats are left?

Did MWU-IL changed their BCP requirements? How come it says on the bottom page under admission requirements the minimum BCP and overall has to be over 2.75? And under general requirement it says minimum gpa is a 3.0?

Did MWU-IL changed their BCP requirements? How come it says on the bottom page under admission requirements the minimum BCP and overall has to be over 2.75? And under general requirement it says minimum gpa is a 3.0?

I think you are right. They mentioned something about increasing the minimum GPA to 3.0 for the next cycle. So, the 2.75 is probably due to the fact that the page is not completely updated yet.

I think you are right. They mentioned something about increasing the minimum GPA to 3.0 for the next cycle. So, the 2.75 is probably due to the fact that the page is not completely updated yet.
So is it really going to change to a 2.75?

Strange. I remember a few schools having their minimum GPA being 2.75 and then changing it to 3.0 during the middle of the cycle (lots of people on here got rejected bc of that).

Is the interview here like Arizona where they expect you to know their mission statement? Are they more intense or conversational?

Is the interview here like Arizona where they expect you to know their mission statement? Are they more intense or conversational?

No on the mission statement. It's MMI instead of traditional so it's pretty different. It was my personal experience that the interviewers didn't respond much so it felt really intense, but I think a lot of people felt that way and it still went well so don't panic if they don't really respond!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who interviewed, how long was it from the interview date until you heard back?

For those of you who interviewed, how long was it from the interview date until you heard back?

based on past years threads it looks like about a month after your interview you should hear back

In shock.

ACCEPTED.
I interviewed this Tuesday. Omgggg!

Accepted as well!!:happy:

Inteviewed last Tuesday, 1/24

Accepted, interviewed 1/17 but will be turning down, hopefully it goes to a fellow SDNer.

My interview was Tuesday and I got accepted as well!

So this is weird but just checked the portal and it says I need Anatomy class and Physiology class. I took Anatomy AND Physiology class (joint class that was 4 credit hours). I also interviewed last week. Should I be concerned? The thing just showed up today.
She said it happens. Same with me I already took it and she said if it happens to you just email them.

Anyone have any insight into this school? From what I know, the school is relatively new

Question to everyone that got accepted this past week. I feel like i bombed the interview but my stats are a good bit higher than average. Did you guys feel like you guys did well on the interview? I really don't think I did but a lot of people in my interview group felt the same. I really want to go to midwestern and want to see if you guys felt like you guys killed the interview or not to see my prospective chances. I interviewed this past Monday. Thank you!

I interviewed on the 24th, is it bad if I haven't heard from them yet?...

So I called and they told me I got waitlisted. I'm in a dilemma now. I called about the PreReq checklist popping up all of a sudden and they said I needed Anatomy class and Physiology class but I took 1 joint class. Why would they tell me this now? I could of fixed it before this semester started. Don't know what to do.....
it is clearly written on the MW that you need 3 credit hours for each. you can take it over the summer 8 weeks course.

Question to everyone that got accepted this past week. I feel like i bombed the interview but my stats are a good bit higher than average. Did you guys feel like you guys did well on the interview? I really don't think I did but a lot of people in my interview group felt the same. I really want to go to midwestern and want to see if you guys felt like you guys killed the interview or not to see my prospective chances. I interviewed this past Monday. Thank you!
I actually thought I did really well on my interview and for the first time the outcome was accurate to my feeling lol. I don't have high stats but mines are a little higher than MWU. So, I guess the stats can only help you, but I thought my interview went well.

So I called and they told me I got waitlisted. I'm in a dilemma now. I called about the PreReq checklist popping up all of a sudden and they said I needed Anatomy class and Physiology class but I took 1 joint class. Don't know what to do.....
When did you interview?

So this is weird but just checked the portal and it says I need Anatomy class and Physiology class. I took Anatomy AND Physiology class (joint class that was 4 credit hours). I also interviewed last week. Should I be concerned? The thing just showed up today.

I would follow up on this ASAP. Some schools offer Anatomy separate from Physiology, some do a joint Anatomy & Physiology course. Regardless you need a minimum of 6 credit hours, or two semesters worth. So if you took A&P I then I believe you need to take A&P II, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I'm interviewing here this month and I was wondering if the day actually lasts until 3? I'm trying to make flight reservations!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I'm interviewing here this month and I was wondering if the day actually lasts until 3? I'm trying to make flight reservations!
It lasted until 3:30 for me if I remember correctly

Yeah, it went to 3:00 when I was there too. I believe you lunch from 12:30-1:30 then you take a shuttle to the clinic for a tour there to finish the interview day up

I would follow up on this ASAP. Some schools offer Anatomy separate from Physiology, some do a joint Anatomy & Physiology course. Regardless you need a minimum of 6 credit hours, or two semesters worth. So if you took A&P I then I believe you need to take A&P II, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Correct. That's what the administration said when I called.

I don't think it will have an impact on your waiting list "position" at all - as long as you make sure he schools know what your plan is and that you'll be completing it in the summer.

As far as the 6 total credit hours go, the 4 you got from your first A&P course go towards that, so you only need to take one more - the second class in the A & P sequence. If a school doesn't offer an anatomy course separate from a physiology course, they should offer an A & P I and am A & P II. Is this the case at your school?