**Official MOSDOH Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything from MOSDOH yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. They are doing interviews today (have a friend there today) so maybe that will slow things up a bit?

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted via phone call at 7:30 AM CST

I didn't receieve a call today. I wander if that means I'm waitlisted.

Accepted via phone call at 9PT. All our hard work paid off!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted 9:00 a.m. CST!!! Congratulations to everyone else, and good luck to all of those still waiting! There really are so many kind and truly supportive people on sdn. Thank you to all.

Yah, there isn't much discussion on this thread. I'm wondering how you feel about the program?
So we take the board after the first year. So they cram all the sciences and first board stuff into the first year, resulting in a lot of cramming. It will be hard in the beginning but it gets easier as you get used to the program. So if you want an A so that you could specialize, it is doable but you will be very stressed, since any mistake you make will dock 5-10% off of your grades. To be honest, I am not a smart guy or anything but it is not as hard as people say. I do like our professors a lot, most of time they are good and they try to help you learn. I guess part of the reason why I think that the classes are easy is because our professors are good. Attendance is required so if you like to study by yourself at home alone with heavy metal playing in the background, that might be something of concern. For some classes I do like studying by myself better, and for others I can just listen and not study too much by myself later. Overall in my opinion the profs are great, except for a couple, the class is small so you get more attention, and the school is new so they take your concerns into consideration moreso than an established program. Dr. De Wan is not the Dean of dentistry for some reason but he basically runs the whole thing, so if the whole class come to him with a concern he usually has the power to accomodate almost immediately. (Besides the one time when we had bad professors but there's nothing he can do because there are no other professors available.) So that's what I think so far about our program lmk if you want more info.

Last edited:
Has anyone who interviewed gotten rejected? All I've heard is people who got an acceptance call yesterday and people who have heard nothing.

Has anyone who interviewed gotten rejected? All I've heard is people who got an acceptance call yesterday and people who have heard nothing.
Called and they said roughly 60 percent acceptances go out Dec 1. They said whatever decision they make acceptance/rejection you will be notified I believe by phone. If your not notified at all than you are on the waitlist and will stay untiI seats become available.

Called and they said roughly 60 percent acceptances go out Dec 1. They said whatever decision they make acceptance/rejection you will be notified I believe by phone. If your not notified at all than you are on the waitlist and will stay untiI seats become available.
Thanks!

so I still haven't heard back from MOSDOH... Literally nothing since I submitted my application.

Reactions: 1 users
do you think more interview invites will be sent out after christmas?

As far as I know (I've asked), there are interviews every Thursday until the class is full. The class is not currently full, so there are still interview days. Last year interviews went a couple of months into this year. Don't know how far for sure, but there were people in March. Don't get down if you haven't heard anything yet.

Source: I'm a D1.

Everything that was stated by mega is pretty true. It's stressful!
Word on the street is that mandatory attendance will change to NOT mandatory next year. There are smart people here that are seriously struggling due to the lack of time to study outside of class... and that should help fix the problem. If you're good at didactics, it's not too bad. If you struggle, it's still doable... but you work really hard just to pass sometimes. That's life... everyone has their strong sides! The school is awesome though. There are aspects of dental education here that many other schools don't have. Additionally, concerns are taken to heart by the administration, and they do everything they can to help the students. It's a great place to be.

If you have specific questions, send me a pm!

Do they pull from your application for the interview? Like grades? I'm kinda nervous for this interview along with the group thing
It's really not that bad, the group thing. We just got into groups of four and had to define professionalism and how we would teach it. My interview was very in depth but not bad! Good luck!

Do they pull from your application for the interview? Like grades? I'm kinda nervous for this interview along with the group thing

They have the ability to pull stuff from your application, yes. In my interview, they did address a couple things from my application, but they had pre-selected the things they wanted to talk about before I walked in. Don't be fooled, they know everything about you... but they won't ask you about something unless they want to know more. Your grades won't come up unless you screwed something up pretty bad... but even then they just want to know what you think about that time. They might ask what happened during a class, or they might not. Just make sure you know your own application, and be yourself! You don't have anything to worry about.

The most important thing I can tell you is this: If you have an interview, it's because your application is good enough. All you have left to prove is yourself. All they want to know now is: are you a good fit for the class and the school. Nothing in the interview is hard, but it is designed to test who you are as a person and see how well you interact with others. That's the purpose of the group assignment too. It really isn't bad, I promise. Everyone is super nice and you'll have a good time! Just be yourself, and be nice! Also, always assume you're being watched by everyone.

Hey guys. I applied to this school But have not gotten any emails or anything from them. I'm kinda worried. I got into ASDOH but would still like to at least interview at this school as it is way closer to me. Is anyone in the same boat? No response even though your stats and volunteering are at or above the schools average?

Anyone having issues paying admission fee online?

I declined my acceptance for Creighton. Good luck everyone! I've lived in Kirksville for four years now, you learn to love this little town. Take time to become apart of a community. It becomes home if you try. Good luck ❤

Anyone get their background check for free? not sure why this happened... would appreciate any info.. and congrats to all accepted!!!! wohoo :)

Hey everyone! I was wondering if any of the current dental students can tell me what they like about this school?

Pre-December interview but dropped my seat good luck to everyone

anyone get a post December interviews?!?! Lol

Last edited:
If it helps anyone, I know they have interviews every Thursday. They have them every week until the class is full. Invites for the upcoming weeks were sent out even this morning. Just keep your head up!

If it helps anyone, I know they have interviews every Thursday. They have them every week until the class is full. Invites for the upcoming weeks were sent out even this morning. Just keep your head up!
awh darn ): looks like my academic update didn't help

Accepted today via phone call!

Edit: Will be declining my acceptance. Good luck everyone, hope one of you gets it!

Last edited:
Accepted via phone call at 2:47 pm CST! :)

Just got an interview email and will be interviewing next thursday morning:)

Reactions: 2 users
Got the invite January 9, scheduled for this Thursday. See you guys there!

Received interview invite today, will be decling. This is a great school though, so, good luck to all attending!

Those of you who have recent interview invites, how long did it take them to review your file? Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.